In summary this hotel deserves its 5 star rating although if you are expecting the same facilities as other higher end 5 star Dubai hotels such as the Atlantis Palm or Jumeirah Beach then you would be disappointed, the rates reflect the difference.
In my opinion the only way that this hotel could not be a good choice is if you are staying in Dubai purely for a poolside holiday as the pool does not see the sun due to the ceiling of the above floor, Europeans stick to the canaries if you want a winter pool break.
The rooms are superb, the 3 bars are varied and offer something for everyone and the location is perfect. The area is all newly built and the lakes are lovely for an evening stroll away from the hustle and bustle. It is only a 5 or 10 minute walk to the metro that is cheap and fool proof, using this you can be at any of the main attractions within 25 minutes max, the marina is only 1 stop away and a lovely place to spend the evenings the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall 9 stops and about 25 minutes away though it only costs £2.50 per adult for an unlimited day pass.
We travelled mainly to see the sights with the odd Beach day thrown in and having read many reviews on Dubai we went with the advice of travellling to the Jumeirah Beach Park, a 30 minutes £5 or 30 AED drive away. We have to say that this was the biggest let down of all the things we did. It was full of young local males hanging around to leer at the women, the play area for children was basic to say the least and the toilets/changing facilities filthy. We also found that some of the men enjoyed telling females to cover up then laugh amongst themselves at having this power so to speak.
In contrast on another day we used the free hotel shuttle bus to travel the 10 minutes to the Jumeirah Beach Residence ( a public beach that is free with no toilets) and found this to be 100 times nicer and more relaxed than the Beach park that you pay a small fee to enter. The public beach was relaxed with people from all walks of life enjoying the beautiful scenery with there being no issues with what anyone was wearing. It is in an area where there is a walk called the JBR walk that had numerous cafes and restaurents, we paid £3 or 15 AED for a taxi back to the hotel.
The best water park was the Atlantis palm on the palm Jumeirah and was again only a 15 minute £4 or 24 AED taxi ride away, taxis are almost in constant supply at the hotel entrance.
All in all don't hesitate to book this hotel and make use of the hotel airport transfer
- Also Known As:
- Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers Hotel
- Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers Hotel Dubai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers – Dubai, located in the heart of Jumeirah Lakes Towers along Sheikh Zayed Road just opposite Dubai Marina, is a 5-star hotel with 208, all non-smoking, rooms and suites, 272 luxurious serviced hotel apartments, 5 restaurants and bars, 4 conference suites, a Leisure Deck on the 11th floor with infinity pool, state of the art gym, pool bar, Jacuzzi, steam, sauna as well as a ladies' hairdressing salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.