This is a great place to stay. The apartments are new, smart and very spacious; the location is fantastic; and the staff are friendly and helpful.
We are a couple with an active 18 month old son and we stayed here for 4 nights. We arrived late in the night after a delayed flight, but checking in was quick and easy.
We had a 1 bedroom apartment, and it was really very large - actually had two bathrooms. The bed was huge, bigger than king size, there was loads of wardrobe space and drawers, a good safe for valuables, and room for our travel cot. The kitchen had everything you need - fridge, freezer, kettle, cooker, microwave, washing machine and all utensils.
Location is right beside the huge Mall Of The Emirates, which has a massive Carrefour supermarket, making it easy to get supplies. There is a food court at the nearest entrance which is very convenient, and there are plenty more choices for eating out further into the mall. And of course you can't mention Mall Of the Emirates without mentioning Ski Dubai. If you have young children, there is a creche / baby sitting service in Magic Planet above Ski Dubai. We left our little boy here while we went snowboarding. There is a station for the newly opened Dubai Metro at the mall too, which goes to the airport without getting stuck in traffic on the Sheikh Zayed Road.
Taxis are cheap in Dubai, and we were always able to hail one quickly outside the building. It's not far to Medinat Jumeirah for eating out & shopping, or to Jumeirah beach.
The pool is on the roof of the building, though it is unheated. I'm sure for most of the year and for most people, this is fine, but we were there in November and it was too cold for our little boy, though the adults enjoyed a refreshing swim. The gym is on the top floor and is excellent. It's good that it is available 24 hours, if you arrive from another time zone, and find you are not sleepy at night, you can go exercise.
There is construction work next to the building, but it didn't cause a noise nuisance. We had read some of the posts and were concerned, but for some reason these builders don't seem to make much noise. I don't know why, maybe they don't use so many power tools. Bring earplugs just in case, but you should have no problems with noise. Besides, there is construction work going on everywhere in Dubai, it would hard to find an area with none.
We did have some difficulty with the taxi on arrival trying to find the building. We had booked through Expedia, but they didn't give a street address, just a PO box. The phone number turned out to be a fax, and the fax number a different hotel. Not sure if Expedia or Topaz were to blame, but would advise others to get hold of address & phone numbers in advance, maybe email confirmation for this.
All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Topaz. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting good value accommodation in Dubai, especially if you have children because there is so much more space in these apartments than you would have in a hotel room.
One final tip for Dubai - find out about the Dubai Entertainer books. These give buy 1 get 1 free deals on a lot of the top attactions and many restaurants, cafes and fast food places. We picked one up on eBay before travelling, and it saved us plenty.
- Also Known As:
- Topaz Living Courts Hotel Dubai
- Topaz Living Courts Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Topaz Living Courts offers well-equipped apartments facing the Mall of the Emirates, just minutes from Internet City, Media City, Knowledge Village, Jumeira beach front,Dubai Marina, Marina Walk . Only 25 minutes from Dubai International Airport, each apartment has its own allocated parking space. All the 1, 2 and 3-bedroom apartments are tastefully designed and have full kitchens, view, LCD TV, DVD Player, tea and coffee making facilities. Wi-Fi internet is available throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Agoda, Orbitz, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your TIME Topaz Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.