We stayed in the 2-bedroom apartment, and found it to be reasonably good value for money, at least by Dubai standards. The place met our expectation in terms of cleanliness and overall comfort--the apartment was sufficiently spacious for 4 persons, and came with 2 bathrooms and a WC and the other usual furnishings. Service was rather average, but at least we got most of the stuff we needed when we asked.
In terms of location, there were pros and cons. It was located across the road from the giant carpark of the Emirates Mall, the largest shopping mall in the world. However, the metro station is located at the opposite end of the mall, which is still some walk away considering the size of the mall and its mazy corridors. If one prefers to travel by taxi, however, then it should not be too much of a problem getting a taxi, which the staff at the reception desk can help with.
One gripe, however, was that this place took us a long time to find, even after multiple attempts at asking for directions (even the locals did not know where it was). The building was actually very easy to locate, beside the main road opposite the mall's expansive carpark. However, the font size of the English translation of the building name on its facade was way too small. We had only realised it was the place we were looking for only when we were 10 metres away from it. This is certainly not a good idea when compounded by the problem with taxi drivers in Dubai (people who have been to Dubai will know that half of taxi drivers don't know their way around the city, drive half asleep, and have a habit of extorting "tips" from passengers when you do not have exact change to pay for your fare).
Overall, however, this place is recommended for people who just need a simple place to stay in for a couple of days. Just make sure you get a good map!
- Also Known As:
- Topaz Living Courts Hotel Dubai
- Topaz Living Courts Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Topaz Living Courts offers well-equipped apartments facing the Mall of the Emirates, just minutes from Internet City, Media City, Knowledge Village, Jumeira beach front,Dubai Marina, Marina Walk . Only 25 minutes from Dubai International Airport, each apartment has its own allocated parking space. All the 1, 2 and 3-bedroom apartments are tastefully designed and have full kitchens, view, LCD TV, DVD Player, tea and coffee making facilities. Wi-Fi internet is available throughout the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your TIME Topaz Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.