“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence&Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai

Save Saved
You added Residence&Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai to your Saves list
Residence&Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Al Sufouh Road | Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai 37252, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #5 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Cape Town
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Loved everything about this hotel. Its small and exclusive, stunning rooms, stunning pool, brilliant sevice. Loved the afternoon tea! We have stayed in the Atlantis and this is way nicer - its like being in Mauritius in the day time with the cool vibey city fun of Dubai at night time. We have stayed at a few one and only hotels, Saint Geran and Tousserok in Mauritius, plus Banyan tree seychelles and Hilton maldives but this place was just first class. We had the best holiday and will go back asap.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
East Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

This was our second visit this year and we could not believe it would be as good as the first visit, it was not, it was better!
What can you say that has not already been said except for the whinging Aussie.
We arrived at 9.00am although our first night was that evening we were given a room immediately and breakfast foc and when I asked what was check out time I was told keep the room until your car arrives (it really is about the way you treat people, you get back what you put in)
Everything was then perfect let me give you a little example because that is what they do extremely well.
The first 2 days I bought a Daily Mail in the shop, on the third day they were out so we went to The Palace shop and they were also out.
Imagine our surprise on returning to our room at lunchtime to find The Mail on the bed. On another occasion they found us at breakfast to give us our paper. Just a little thing I know but this attention to detail and the beautiful service that goes with it that makes the hotel what it is - perfect.
When we left we were searched out by many of the staff to say goodbye with hugs and handshakes, these people are happy people in their work and it shows.
I could go on forever about the Dining Room, the beach, the room but it has all been said before al I would say if you get a chance just go there I promise you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

The Royal Mirage Residence & Spa provides a fantastic experience - its relatively small size along with its beautiful fabrics, furniture and decor helps create a atmosphere which is stylish, intimate and exclusive. The opulent room and ensuite were superb, set in the most comfortable surroundings and spotlessly clean a truly sumptuous place to relax in. The Spa provides excellent treatments in an impresive building with excellent facilities.
The staff are extremely polite, helpful and friendly and provide a service that is second to none. (For example, on arrival in the early hours of the morning, we were offered a welcome drink and asked if we wanted any food/a meal. On departure, while waiting for the airport transfer at 4am, we were offered breakfast/coffee and croissants.)
The food was top quality from breakfast through to dinner. Afternoon tea was a highlight. The cakes were to die for and so much choice!
The beautiful pool area was so relaxing and the staff made sure you were comfortable and regularly brought iced water. The private beach overlooks the Arabian Gulf and you can watch the sun go down every evening, a truly romantic place.
For anyone wanting to relax and unwind and be pampered - this is place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

Was in DXB for a quick break seeing friends - the OO/RAS was a mixed bag. Plus side was the huge room (std "prestige") which was spotlessly clean and well maintained. Pool and beach areas okay, quieter than the other 2 OO properties on site. View was a little scruffy but thats dubai for you.

The downside - it started with a missing limo at the airport and went downhill. As a solo traveller they put me in a room with two single beds. At 6 ft 2 this wasn't going to work - so they moved me later in the day (approx 4 hours later) which meant I couldn't really unpack or enjoy the room knowing i was going to be moving.

The front desk guys seemed to really struggle understanding my english, so much so that they also lost my room service order later in the stay. Whilst they were quick to apologise and the duty manager asked me to let him know if I had any other requests, when i asked to keep the room for an extra couple of hours (late check out) they refused. The hotel was not full so this was just being inflexible.

The final glory - the 250 dirhams for the non-existant airport transfer was still on the bill. So much for that duty manager promising to make sure the rest of my stay would be seamless.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Terneuzen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Another year has past so we (family of 5 and my parents) were longing for our yearly trip to this "Arabian Oasis", OUR Reisdence & Spa!
We never stay anywhere else as you don't want to once you have stayed here ..............
(Even after staying here for more than 10 times since it has opened!!)

We were warmly greeted by name by the staff (who recognise you immediately if you are repeat guests), cold towels and the ever lovely sparkling date juice - yummy!

Our rooms (Junior suite and prestige room) were ready when we arrived at 12.30pm and the advantage of these rooms is that they are interconnecting, with one main entrance. Ideal for families.
The rooms were clean, luxuriously stocked (Molton Brown toiletries, 2 plasma tv's (suite), dvd player, Nespresso coffee maker (suite), large fruit baskets which are replaced every day, etc. etc.) and well maintained - crisp and new again.
We noticed a "make-over" since last year which we think was necessary since our last stay as some items needed to be replaced (f.e new paint, curtains, as they had ageing signs). New bottles of water were supplied every day or upon request, nothing was ever too much.
I do think however the bathroom amenities could be better. Not the Molton Brown bath/shower gel etc. but, no toothbrushes, shaving kit, comb, emery board etc. They are available according to a little card placed in the bathroom but I hate asking for it, I think they should be present in the bathroom of a hotel of this standard .........

Afternoon tea at the Library was as usual superb, dinner at the Dining Room incredible and service at the pool great (fresh fruit in the morning, cold water topped up throughout the day and fruitsorbet icecream in the afternoon.
Chef Jocelyn is new and we hope he stays at the Residence for a long time..............
He meets his guests and asked our kids what they would like for dinner during breakfast or made us something special as we are always in for a good surprise dinner! Welldone!!!!!!!

We stayed for 10 nights (way too short!) during ramadan but we did not notice any restrictions apart from alcohol not being served during the day.
Iftar at The Rottiserie (Arabian Court) was great although not as high quality at the Arboretum at the Jumeirah Al Qasr.

The downside of ramadan during shopping is the lack of fountain shows, no Starbucks or other coffee shops open and limited visiting times of the Burj Khallifa "At the Top".
A must, but book online (only 100 dirhams, kids 75 dirhams) for a day view (nightview was nice but not that spectacular!!) and way in advance, preferably when you arrive! The cues are long, so be there on time, at least half an hour before tour starts.
The advantage is that the Malls are empty during the day ;-))))))

All in all another magical and fabulous stay with only one "hick-up" but this was handled well in the end by "Mr Phillipe" the manager ;-))))

We shall return soon but first would like to say a special thank you to ALL staff but especially Chef Jocelyn, Xa Vier (pool), Fikri, Firman, Mary, Ms Franziska and Mr Phillipe!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles de San Rafael, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I am newly wed and me and my partner had come here for our honeymoon.I am very sure that we would never have found a better place than this one.You just ask it and they have everything in their store to please you.They are thriving to store you better and better.The hotel is situated on the most beautiful location on sea shore and my room had ocean view!The hotel has its own class and is exotic.The best thing i liked them about them was the provision of pool nearby to every room and ocean view where you can relax with cool breeze and soothe your mind.Also they provide world's best food with different varieties of food from all over the world.Let it be morning tea,breakfast or lunch they provide variety of stuff to choose with.Also the interiors of rooms are very beautiful and so is the bathrooms.I can go on and on praising this hotel.So my suggestion is without a second thought go for this hotel !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

What an amazing place! My stay was absolutely wonderful from beginning to end. The staff took care of me, the atmosphere was perfect, I slept great, the food was insanely good, and of course everyone was nice and clean! I hope to go back early early next year, though chances are I won’t be able to wait! I need to take my parents up there with me sometime! Thanks for the great time!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Residence&Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai? Share your experiences!