“fabulous place to be in..” 5 of 5 stars

Residence&Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai
Al Sufouh Road | Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai 37252, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #5 of 478 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“fabulous place to be in..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

my experience at the residence & spa at one & only royal mirage was fantastic. i felt like i was at home. they welcomed us, my family, with a warm welcome. the pool is amazing even the beach. i liked the spa their. they have a variety of stuff like massages and baths.

Room Tip: i recommend a suite.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
OORoyalMirage, Manager at Residence&Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Osha

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience, and indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.

We value your comments and suggestions which are shared with all and look forward to your return visit in a not too distant future.

One&Only Royal Mirage, Dubai.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Yest another amazing stay at the Residence and Spa, the service must rate among the best available at any hotel, the staff attention to detail and their effort to make your stay as comfortable as possible, is exemplary. The hotel has the feel of intimate country house with beautifully decorated rooms. Our 15 year old daughter joined us on this trip, she felt very comfortable in the hotel and enjoyed every aspect of the hotel - the Only place to stay in Dubai, already booked a return trip in August.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Chelmsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Residence and Spa is a truly wonderful hotel. Everything about it, from the staff, décor, gardens, pool, food.... it is all faultless. We stayed in a Prestige room, very large and very comfortable. The room has a large bathroom, containing a separate shower and toilet. The bath is huge. Great for a long soak. Large TV, and comfortable bed - I don't think I have ever slept so well away from home. There is plenty of storage in the room and a walk in wardrobe area. The room was refreshed several times each day, with lots of lovely fluffy towels, and Molton Brown toiletries . The nightly turn down service is a lovely touch of luxury, where tiny cakes and water are left in the room.
Food is exceptional, on every level, and the afternoon tea in the Library is delightful.
There are peacocks walking round the gardens, as well as lots of other wildlife to watch
The pool is lovely, never crowded, with staff bringing cool towels, cold water and fruit to guests.
I will definitely be booking this hotel when I next go to Dubai. It is perfect.

Room Tip: Room 40 was at the end of the corridor, very peaceful
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Through the gently incense-scented corridors, over the stone floors scattered with Persian rugs, and past the Arabian lanterns.

Surely I’m in a palace, not a hotel?

The One & Only Royal Mirage resort is outstanding and the 48 room Residence & Spa section is its piece de résistance. I slept in a one bedroom executive suite which was spacious and comfortable, with bright fabrics and a thoughtful layout. The bathroom had a mosaic tiled shower and large sized Molton Brown toiletries and there was a separate toilet. The suite also had a roomy balcony with views of the hotel gardens and the Arabian Gulf.

I found the hotel stunning and loved the Arabian design. As I settled in, I felt at home immediately – if my home was a beautiful palace. I needed a lot of assistance from the dedicated team assigned to each Residence and Spa guest and they were unfailing in their support and kindness. I had a broken foot and was using a wheelchair for most of my stay and I would call for assistance and somebody would be there, with a smile, almost immediately. 'My' team were fantastic, coming to me at regular intervals in my room, by the pool or wherever I happened to be, with ice packs for my foot. Certainly no sheikha in her palace has had more attentive service.

The beautifully kept gardens have decorative pools with trickling fountains and lead to a 1km long private beach so I took the chance to do some kayaking. The staff of the water sports centre physically supported me to walk across the sand then stood on the shoreline watching my progress as I paddled away from them.

Although the complete resort is large, the Residence and Spa section feels intimate and has a private pool for use only by R&S guests.

The Residence & Spa also has private restaurants but I had dinner at the Celebrities restaurant instead had good service and very good food. Breakfast was also of a high standard, I ordered off the menu and it was cooked to order.

What made the hotel so special for me was the care I received from the staff when I really needed it. And the beautiful design. In a city packed with luxury hotels the Residence & Spa is something special. It’s not a faceless hotel that could be just anywhere in the world; I was in Arabia and I knew it. I loved that.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for sharing all the details of your recent experience. We are indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel is simply faultless. It's incredibly beautiful and immaculately kept. There is a fantastic range of restaurants and bars to choose from serving exceptional quality food. My boyfriend arranged a number of surprises for me for my birthday which couldn't have been done without the help of the hotel staff - these including flowers, cakes, petal decorations in the room, a handmade birthday card and an amazing day trip on a private yacht. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week by myself (sneaky holiday during a business trip). This hotel is simply amazing! What made it stand out was the staff. They were so caring and couldn't do enough to make sure my holiday was wonderful and that I would want for nothing. Several times I was told "we want you to feel that you are at home" and I never once felt out of place. This is an expensive hotel but absolutely worth every dhiram. Frankly, I didn't want to leave.

I stayed in room 30, which was wonderful and very spacious with an opulent bathroom. Bottled water was provided every day - essential in a Dubai summer.

I only ate in the Residence, although guests can use any of the restaurants at the Palace and Arabian Court (which are on the same site). However, guests from the other hotels cannot eat at the Residence, which maintains not just the exclusivity but also the quiet and relaxed atmosphere. Breakfast and a substantial afternoon tea were included in the room price. Lunch and dinner were extra. The food was superb. I cannot eat wheat or garlic and they happily took this into account. The chef took the trouble to source an excellent gluten free bread (much harder than it sounds) and even offered to discuss my dietary requirements in person.

The vibe of the hotel is ultra high quality but very relaxed. It's not the sort of place where you feel you have to do your hair and make up just to sit by the pool. You can sit by (or in) the beautiful pool all day and snooze / sunbathe / read - they really just want you to relax and enjoy the experience. They even have a guy who comes round to clean your sunglasses!

I had 2 massage treatments at the Oriental Hammam spa on site, a sort of Arabic version of a Turkish Bath. Ladies are restricted to mornings and men to afternoons, according to Muslim tradition. It was truly one of the most exquisite and blissful experiences of my life. The lovely staff were so caring and gentle.

There is also a gym (as well as another at the Palace), lots of complimentary activities (eg introduction to stand up paddle boarding and windsurfing, jogging, aqua aerobics etc), a private beach with a view of the Burj al Arab, and beautiful gardens.

In short, this hotel is beautiful but relaxed, the staff genuinely caring, and the whole experience simply wonderful. I would return in a heartbeat.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ms. Juliette,

Thank you very much for sharing the details of your recent stay at the Residence & Spa. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.

Wiral UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I spent a long time in private correspondence with experienced reviewers on TA before selecting this hotel for a 11 day holiday with my wife. although the holiday was good overall I was somewhat disappointed overall with the hotel due to what appeared to be their reluctance to confront guests who spoilt the ambience for others and in particular the loud / deafening music from the "million pound yacht brigade" who anchor 20 mts off the beach and play music until close on day break at a very loud level.
Along with the noise of the jet skis the beach is not perhaps the bast place to stay !
Couple this with the building of the new Waldorf Astoria opposite the beach on The Palm ......I think you will see what I mean
When questioned the management say that they have tried to stop the yachts and music but because they are so rich, the hotel and local police are powerless to stop them
Children are allowed to run havoc at times in the restaurant, again the management are reluctant to stop them as mummy & daddy are so rich.
The rooms are very good however in the basic rooms there are no coffee or tea facilities in the room.
The service at the restaurant can at times be very slow however the food is excellent as is the "afternoon tea" in the library
Would I go there again - there truthful answer is no - I expect a lot more for the money we paid - and I have certainly received better service and ambience for less money in Dubai and other places in the world.
The spa treatment are out of this world - excellent

Room Tip: Basic rooms are adequate but can be set well back in the grounds with brick walls part of your view...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience related to your recent stay with us. We indeed apologise if we have come short of meeting your expectations and rest assured that each comment is reviewed with members of the concerned teams and adjusted where ever possible.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to demonstrate our ability to deliver service and facilities to your expectations and to amend your latest views.

We look forward to such in the not too distant future.

Kind regards
One&Only Royal Mirage, Dubai.

Been to Residence&Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai? Share your experiences!