“Average stay with poor experiences” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Montreal Hotel

You added Montreal Hotel to your Saves list
Montreal Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Nakhal St | P.O. Box No: 34296, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #306 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Average stay with poor experiences”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I Stayed very recently at this hotel while visiting Dubai solo, for business purposes, for 2 nights. I originally chose it because of the proximity of the location to my meetings, the metro, the star rating and amenities.

The plus part (or the average part),
-neat and clean rooms
-well equipped room
-nice location, near shopping centers, metro etc.

The poor experiences and minus part
-staff are either average or rude. In the hospitality sector it is a minimum quality to smile at your guest, and a bare minimum not to wear a grumpy look at any time. It was amazing for me to see that over the 2 nights i stayed, i did not elicit a single smile from any of the staff except from the person who brought my suitcase in and that too after I tipped him.

-the hotel has some night clubs which is totally fine as it doesn't interfere with your stay, but 3 out of 5 times I crossed the lobby to the elevator to go to my room, the different security guys asked me 'where are you going' as if I was lost and happened to find my way to this elevator by fluke. I understand that it's for security reasons, but a more polite way would have been to ask 'What is your room nr. sir?' - I mean, 'hey, I'm not staying here for free!'

-I had a visitor, my brother, coming in early morning (6am) on one of the days I was there. Although he had dropped in to visit me in order to attend the ongoing exhibition together, he had to face a barrage of questions (rude), a crash course on the policies of the hotel regarding nr. of guests etc. before he could finally come to my room, that too, only after he gave the hotel his ID (as a guarantee?) and a verbal commitment that he would leave by 8am.

I would understand all this and would have been ok with all this if what I opted for was a 1 star or a 2 star, but not for a 4 star. I am a regular visitor to Dubai and I know for sure that there are far better hotels although with lesser 'star' ratings.

I don't know but reading reviews of other guests at this hotel, some have said that the staff were good while many others have had a terrible experience. I am forced to assume that they behave differently with different guests. Why? If so, this is a serious issue and the staff needs education irrespective of the factor on which they mentally segregate!

Although my stay was ok, all I can recollect of the hotel after returning are the poor experiences I had with their staff which could have been totally different if their staff were well-trained in being courteous and well-mannered to 'GUESTS'.

Sam

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
mashhad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had a terrrible stay in that hotel. I paid for a larger room but they gave a very small room in the level of Inn or B&B , not in the level of a 3 star hotel. The staffs of reception were unhelpful and they were not polite. Breakfast was not good. Room was not clean. The sound of the clubs was very loud. It's not good for a relaxing travel.
I never forget my terrible stay in monreal hotel:

Room Tip: I never recommend this hotel to anyone
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The staff at the Montreal Hotel were very helpfull and obliging. My wife and I had a great stay there. If I return to Dubai I will most probably stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

From the moment we checked in till we left the hotel, we felt that the friendly staff from reception, concierge, housekeeping and restaurants, all went out of their way to keep us happy.

The rooms were nicely designed and spacious, the food we ordered was very good, was quickly served and was also priced very reasonably. We also noticed how clean and tidy the hotel was overall.

They have truly made our stay in Dubai more pleasurable and we look forward to stay in Montreal Dubai again next time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from pubs downstairs
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My overall experience was amazing at the Montreal Hotel Deira Dubai and i would love to recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Casablanca, Morocco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

It's a terrible place to check in even for a Business trip we had too much trouble with the stuff especially the girl in the office they are very oregan and unhelpfull ...I guess this the opinion of most of the reviews.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Tehran, Iran
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Hi there,

If you want to sleep at night, and you need peace and quite, NEVER EVER go to this hotel. The Night Club is too noisy and cannot sleep you till 3 a.m. in the morning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Montreal Hotel? Share your experiences!