“Good with all the important things” 4 of 5 stars

Ibis Al Barsha
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #229 of 477 hotels in Dubai
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
“Good with all the important things”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

A reasonably priced mid range hotel. Beds very comfortable with decent sized rooms. Breakfast a bit generic but ticks most of the boxes; good coffee, warm food, cereal, pastries, fruit and yoghurt with limited variety. Hotel is about one kilometer from the closest metro station so quite a walk in the hot summer months. Taxis not keen to take you the short hop to the metro station. Good in room wifi.

• Stayed February 2013
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

All the associates from the Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai join me in thanking you for your valuable comments following your recent stay with us.
Be assured that your message will be passed on to our team who have contributed to your satisfaction.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation about our hotel as well as the constructive comments for us to improve our service

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai, or to any of our properties worldwide.

448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed previously while i was travelled back to Dubai for a contract dealings and got it ! the experience I got in that little property was enormous since I work for 5 star properties.There is no words apart only outstanding which I Believed members of Family which the Gm made and each members specially the F&B staff are amazing since myself I became the monthly outlet customer and they know my preferences " this property don't have Butler Service" thus making them very singular and only by expressing your likes since their family are multi cultural and multi languages speakers.......Ibis Al barsha great family now and many +++++ for practical reasons to be around 15 mins from business area ,5 mins from the most important mall and easy access from Sheikh Zayed Road and my good impression remains for both bar staff

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

If your looking for a Basic Cheap hotel.. You found it.. The Al Barsha Ibis is just that.

I've stayed here twice this year and The rooms are well put together (Be it a little small) and the room service is just what you would expect from an Ibis.. Fast and efficient.

The Downsides;
Location: its a 15 min walk from the Sharaf DG Metro and 30 mins from the emirates mall if you want to walk there. Compared to other hotels this is actually quite far!
Limited Facilities: There isn't a Gym or Pool/sun bathing area at all.. and they dont seem to deliver food to your room. You have to order and then go to the lobby to collect it.

If you got a budget and need the cheapest in Al Barsha then it is ok but IMO Needs a Pool at least being so far away from anything else.

Room Tip: If you dont want people walking past your door at night.. ask for one of the rooms at the end of the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

All the associates from the Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai join me in thanking you for your valuable comments following your stay with us.

Dubai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Am currently staying in Ibis and some of the staff lack very basic hospitality!! They are in the hotel industry and they are not at all corteous! nor do they ensure to take care of the customer's needs.

For e.g. I had to check-in early since my flight landed early and it was communicated to them earlier. But these guys made we wait for an hour for check-in and they refused complimentary breakfast inspite of knowing the fact that am going to stay here for 3 months!! Never come across and hotel which is very very poor in service. I hope the management reads this and atleast treat the other guests properly but am sure they will not since it is THE DUBAI SHOPPING FESTIVAL season and there is no dearth of customers!! So, why will they care???

And on another ocassion, i was just taking the apple out (from the breakfast area) to eat in the lounge while reading a newspaper and the lady at the counter simply didn't allow and it was ridiculous.

Highly unrecommended place!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very personal feedback on our hotel through TripAdvisor

We hope that after having contacted you directly and addressed the area of concern, you would find everything in order and that you will enjoy your remaining stay with us

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced so far during your stay.

Do not hesitate to contact us directly at the Front Desk to assist you, should you have any query

It is a pleasure to have you as our guest and looking forward to make your stay a pleasant one

Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

You get what you pay, but no bad surprises: it' s an Ibis, quality standards are guaranteed. Small rooms, unconvenient location, far from the airport and city life, this works if you have business in Barsha, Media City DMC, Internet City. Try defenitely the Ibis Mall of Emirates next door. This is more suitable for very short stay.

Room Tip: avoid 12 lane highway view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, January 7, 2013

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

We have noted your concern on some aspects of our services and we will be looking in possible option to be offered to our guests in the future.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation about our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at Ibis Al Barsha.

Muscat, Oman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The booking process through the Internet was good and very smoothly. After a short time, I received a confirmation email, that my credit card was accepted and the booking was confirmed. I printed the email to show it at the desk on arrival. So far everything is perfect.

At 1pm I started to drive from Muscat to Al Ain for some work and by evening I drove from Al Ain to Dubai to my hotel to rest and to get ready for tomorrow meeting and to drive back to Muscat.

When I arrived at the hotel around 8:30pm, they informed me that the booking was canceled due to some problem with my credit card. And all rooms are booked now (No room available at the hotel).

After long argument and showing that I am not happy about the situation, they provide me a room in a smoking area which disturbed my sleep the hall night.

When I checked my email later, I found that they sent me an email to inform me about the cancellation. The email was sent on 27 December 2012 at 03:27pm. When I was on the road driving to UAE.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at Ibis Al Barsha.

Hotel Director

Been to Ibis Al Barsha? Share your experiences!