“Basic” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #235 of 474 hotels in Dubai
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

If your looking for a Basic Cheap hotel.. You found it.. The Al Barsha Ibis is just that.

I've stayed here twice this year and The rooms are well put together (Be it a little small) and the room service is just what you would expect from an Ibis.. Fast and efficient.

The Downsides;
Location: its a 15 min walk from the Sharaf DG Metro and 30 mins from the emirates mall if you want to walk there. Compared to other hotels this is actually quite far!
Limited Facilities: There isn't a Gym or Pool/sun bathing area at all.. and they dont seem to deliver food to your room. You have to order and then go to the lobby to collect it.

If you got a budget and need the cheapest in Al Barsha then it is ok but IMO Needs a Pool at least being so far away from anything else.

Room Tip: If you dont want people walking past your door at night.. ask for one of the rooms at the end of the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

All the associates from the Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai join me in thanking you for your valuable comments following your stay with us.
Be assured that your message will be passed on to our team who have contributed to your satisfaction.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation about our hotel as well as the constructive comments for us to improve our service

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai, or to any of our properties worldwide.

426 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dubai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Am currently staying in Ibis and some of the staff lack very basic hospitality!! They are in the hotel industry and they are not at all corteous! nor do they ensure to take care of the customer's needs.

For e.g. I had to check-in early since my flight landed early and it was communicated to them earlier. But these guys made we wait for an hour for check-in and they refused complimentary breakfast inspite of knowing the fact that am going to stay here for 3 months!! Never come across and hotel which is very very poor in service. I hope the management reads this and atleast treat the other guests properly but am sure they will not since it is THE DUBAI SHOPPING FESTIVAL season and there is no dearth of customers!! So, why will they care???

And on another ocassion, i was just taking the apple out (from the breakfast area) to eat in the lounge while reading a newspaper and the lady at the counter simply didn't allow and it was ridiculous.

Highly unrecommended place!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very personal feedback on our hotel through TripAdvisor

We hope that after having contacted you directly and addressed the area of concern, you would find everything in order and that you will enjoy your remaining stay with us

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced so far during your stay.

Do not hesitate to contact us directly at the Front Desk to assist you, should you have any query

It is a pleasure to have you as our guest and looking forward to make your stay a pleasant one

Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

You get what you pay, but no bad surprises: it' s an Ibis, quality standards are guaranteed. Small rooms, unconvenient location, far from the airport and city life, this works if you have business in Barsha, Media City DMC, Internet City. Try defenitely the Ibis Mall of Emirates next door. This is more suitable for very short stay.

Room Tip: avoid 12 lane highway view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SVincent1409, Hotel Director at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, January 7, 2013

Warm greetings from Ibis Al Barsha.

We have noted your concern on some aspects of our services and we will be looking in possible option to be offered to our guests in the future.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation about our hotel.

Muscat, Oman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The booking process through the Internet was good and very smoothly. After a short time, I received a confirmation email, that my credit card was accepted and the booking was confirmed. I printed the email to show it at the desk on arrival. So far everything is perfect.

At 1pm I started to drive from Muscat to Al Ain for some work and by evening I drove from Al Ain to Dubai to my hotel to rest and to get ready for tomorrow meeting and to drive back to Muscat.

When I arrived at the hotel around 8:30pm, they informed me that the booking was canceled due to some problem with my credit card. And all rooms are booked now (No room available at the hotel).

After long argument and showing that I am not happy about the situation, they provide me a room in a smoking area which disturbed my sleep the hall night.

When I checked my email later, I found that they sent me an email to inform me about the cancellation. The email was sent on 27 December 2012 at 03:27pm. When I was on the road driving to UAE.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

A taxi from the airport to this hotel will cost from 52 to 78 dirhams depending on the traffic and takes about 45 minutes. If you are travelling light, you can get here more cheaply by taking a Metro from the airport to Sharaf DG (Station no 33) - buy a silver Nol Metro card for 20 dirham at the airport (it has 14 dirham preloaded for travel and is rechargeble). A taxi from Sharaf to the hotel will cost 10 dirham (N.B.- the Metro does not run on Friday morning as it is their Sabbath). Do not attempt to walk to the hotel from Sharaf with suitcases as there is no pavement from the hotel to the nearest roundabout to the station and also past the roundabout where a new Novotel is being built.
I found the hotel fine - the staff are courteous and helplful - they turned off the extractor fan in the bathroom off for me as it works 24/7 and I found it too noisy for my sleeping.
They also printed a document for me for free - there are 4 computers with free internet access in the lobby.
There is a hair dryer, a hand soap dispenser by the hand basin and a body/shampoo gel dispenser in the shower cubicle. The only downside is that the toilet and shower cubicles are a bit narrow for a large person - see the photos.
There is complementary tea/coffee making facilites in the room.
My bed felt like it was new and the linen and towels were changed everyday.
The breakfast is superb and not to be missed - it'll set you up for the day!
The location of this hotel is a bit awkward as Sharaf Metro, the nearest station is a ten minute walk on a dirt/part sandy road. However, once you are at the station, there are quick connections to the other malls (the Mall of Emirates is one stop away).
A taxi to the Burj Al Arab is 20 dirham, as is one the metro station for the Atlantis.
I feel that unless this hotel lays say an hourly free coach service to Sharaf DG, it is going to have serious competition from the new Novotel being built nearly opposite Sharaf DG.

Room Tip: I had a room facing Sheikh Zayed Road - although you cannot see the sea, if you crane your neck a li...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here for more than a week as a business traveler along with colleague. The rooms are too small. My earlier stay at IBIS Mall of Emirates was better with slightly bigger rooms. Request for twin bed was turned down with non-availability as reason.

I find the location is little odd as reaching there takes little time from either side of Sheikh Zayed Road. Reaching the hotel through the service lane is quite a distance. Not many eateries or shopping place nearby and Sharaf DG Metro is not walk able for everyday use. Good thing is you have many near by restaurants providing door delivery. Catch hold of their contacts before checking in here.

Breakfast spread is really wide but found it boring as it is same menu everyday. Coffee shop and bar are neat though a little expensive. Room rates are also little high with breakfast compared to IBIS MoE. Free WiFi in room experience is just about average but works well in the lobby. Choose this if you don't get a room in Mall of Emirates.

Room Tip: Choose IBIS Mall of Emirates over this if available.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Hotel Director

Been to Ibis Al Barsha? Share your experiences!