“Only one redeeming factor - Location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Mall Of The Emirates

You added Ibis Mall Of The Emirates to your Saves list
Ibis Mall Of The Emirates
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 A Street | Al Barsha, Dubai 283825, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
Ibis Advance Saver
Ranked #162 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Only one redeeming factor - Location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was my first and probably last stay at an Ibis Hotel as I could definitely not see the value in the price paid. I could have paid much less for a Holiday Inn and enjoyed better service and value.

Noisy rooms because of the thin walls, bare amenities and certainly not worth the price.

The only redeeming factor is the proximity to Mall of the Emirates.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Laszlo J, General Manager at Ibis Mall Of The Emirates, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us for your recent stay in Dubai, and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I regret to read that you didn't appreciated your stay with us, and found the value for price paid inapropriate.

I hopwe you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and better serve you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Neuss, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had a very warm welcome in the Ibis Mall of Emirates.
Nice Room with enough space for all my stuff on the 6th floor.
Small fridge in the room.
Complete breakfast as I like it.
Safe not in the room but near the reception and for free.
Close to the Dubai Metro - Station Sharaf DG (Open / Red Line / 400m).

Very very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Laszlo J, General Manager at Ibis Mall Of The Emirates, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Your evaluation of our hotel and services was most appreciated and we thank you for the overall endorsement of our efforts. It is our mission to delight our guests every time and we are glad that we have succeeded in doing so. I have shared your feedback with the team as a means of encouragement to continue to strive for the best.

We hope to see you soon again.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good location. It is a 10 minute walk from Sharaf DG metro station and a 10 minute walk to the Mall of The Emirates. Rooms are the usual Ibis set up and they also contain a small fridge which is very useful in such a hot climate.They are also very quiet. The hotel has a couple of decent restaurants and a bar. There are many others in the vicinity and also in the mall. The hotel is connected to a Novotel which has a pool that can be used. The staff are very pleasant and helpful.
The downside to this property is that smoke from from the bar drifts into the lobby and the restaurants. There is also no wi fi in the rooms - just the lobby.
A good budget option when visiting Dubai.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the Ibis Mall of the Emirates and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I regret the inconvenience about the smoke coming fomr the bar, please rest assured the concern will be adressed to our Engineer Department for action.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Duhok, Iraq
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near the Emirates mall, and in the city of Dubai.
The Taxis are readily available... Grocer's, laundry, hair dresser, cafe. a variety of resturants are nearby, so is the metro.
The Rooms are clean and neat and the house keeping is quick to respond.
A useful addition maybe an in-room safe.
The only problem is that the Internet service cannot be accessed from the room, and the WI FI in the lobby is quite slow.
Otherwise my stay was quite pleasant and I definitely intend to book there for my next visit to Dubai.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It is our mission to delight our guests every time and we are glad that we have succeeded in doing so. I have shared your feedback with the housekeeping team as a means of encouragement to continue to strive for the best.
With regards to internet connection, please be informed we are in the process of reviewing our offer to enhance the connectivity.

We hope to see you soon again.

Sincerley,
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our stay was a short stay for 3 nights. I didn't know that it was a 3-Stars Hotel, as it wasn't me who booked it.. But actually it's more than 3 stars. I stayed in other countries in 4 stars Hotels and they were even much more less than a 3 stars hotel.
Rooms, bathrooms, Lobby, restaurant etc. everything is clean and tidy.
Staff is very friendly, breakfast was quite good and sufficient, location is near metro and Emirates Mall, Taxis available in front of the Hotel.
Shortly, it was a nice stay and valuable price. Would recommend it for others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.

Ibis Mall of the Emirates is actually a 2 stars hotel, it was a pleasure to read that you appreciated the team friendliness and breakfast offer.

We appreciated that you would recommand this hotel.

Looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Amman, Jordan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Need to improve on house keeping in terms of cleanliness and communication with the staff. Their English is poor and it was hard to communicate.
Need also to improve on the variety of food served for breakfast.
Though you get better standard in other hotels for same rate, but generally the hotel is accepatble for what you pay,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback about your recent stay with us.

Comments like yours help us to improve, please rest asured your points will be adressed and appropriate training will be given.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again, and better serve you in the near future.

Best Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location: close to Mall of the Emirates, the Metro and the business hubs. I enjoyed my 2-night stay. Reception was efficient for check-in and check-out; and my room was faultless: clean sheets and towels provided, robe and toiletries available, bottled water supplied with tea/coffee making facilities and there is a safe you can use - standard Ibis provisions. The cable worked fine and fortunately, I had no problem with the showers as can be the case sometimes with Ibis rooms in Dubai. There is a computer that guests can use in the lobby.

The breakfast buffet does not really have a wide selection (again, typically Ibis) but it was still ok. The staff are helpful and my only negative experience was during dinner when a waitress of African descent seemed unwilling to take my order for some reason (it had taken a while before a staff came to my table), and then not providing bread like she did with the other diners (I hope there was no racism here but those other diners all happened to be white - I am a very brown Asian). It was not even a busy night as there were only 4 diners at the restaurant that time. I think they either need to improve the customer service or if there was any racism on their part (this waitress, anyway) then they need to let it go. Outside there are other cafes and restaurants to try, nice to have Nando's nearby.

Still, overall, I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Laszlo J, General Manager at Ibis Mall Of The Emirates, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Ibis Mall of Emirates.

We are very happy to learn of your positive experience with us and I am also pleased to read that our team members from Housekeeping and Front Office were able to efficiently assist you.
However, while we are happy about your positive experience we are very sorry to learn about the incident in the restaurant.
Please rest assured, we will investigate this further and make sure it will not occur again in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you back whenever you travel to Dubai.

Regards,

Been to Ibis Mall Of The Emirates? Share your experiences!