Upon arrival the limo driver assisted with my bags since the hotel staff was unwilling to assist. At reception I had to wait to check in and she was confused about my booking. I was early so my room was upgraded, lovely! It would not be until after I had settled into my room that she phoned to tell me that there would be an additional charge! Getting into my room took time the key did not work. The employee who arrived to assist with the key did not bring a master key to assist and assumed that I had inserted the key incorrectly. After three attempts, several phone calls and waiting for various personnel, the key was finally repaired. My second day at the hotel did not get better, housekeeping did not leave towels, turned off the air conditioning, had taken the bath and shower mats. I would call only to have beach towels brought to my room. The room design was lovely and were it not for the horrible customer service it might be considered to re-stay. Personally, I will not stay at this hotel again.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you again for taking the time to send us your valuable feedback, giving us the opportunity to make the necessary improvements in service and standards.
Report response as inappropriate
Once more I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced and I can assure you that we take your comments very seriously.
I have now conducted a full investigation, I make no excused for my team and I would like to take this opportunity to respond point by point.
1. In regards to the concierge not being available to help you with your luggage upon arrival, I have clearly seen on the CCTV footage that you arrived at around 7 AM and I that there was no one available to help you immediately. I can see that our concierge only managed to assist you half way by the entrance ramp. I have shared your experience with my Front Office Manager who is reviewing our manning levels in order to ensure that there is always someone available to greet our guest upon arrival and without delay.
2. I have already mentioned in my previous email that any charges for early check-in should have been communicated to you prior to the check in and not to have been chased up after the event. Although in the end you were not charged for early check-in, I understand your concerns completely and once again my Front Office Manager has been tasked with conducting refresher training for the whole team in regards to this.
3. I have seen that you reached your room at 07.14 AM and made a phone call to inform us that your key card was not working. The concierge came to your assistance at 07.16 AM and unfortunately the second key card did not work at which point Housekeeping was called to open your apartment with the master key and they did so at 07.18 AM. I totally understand that after having travelled a long distance you would not have expected to have problems with entering your apartment. You received your new key card at the Olive Tree restaurant while you were having breakfast, I do hope you had a good breakfast with us and I can confirm that we are investigating the reasons behind the faulty key cards in order to avoid this from happening in the future.
4. The switched off air conditioning as well appears to have been an unintentional mistake from our side and of course I can totally understand how hot it can get in the apartments without fully functioning air conditioning. I have reviewed this point with my Executive Housekeeper who has already conducted further refresher training on ensuring that air conditioning is not switched off accidentally and that it is set at the approved temperature in order to ensure guest comfort.
5. Your feedback about towels/bath mats is also not to the accepted standard of operation and you should not have had to chase this up and in the end to receive a beach towel. Once again this process has been scrutinized with my Executive Housekeeper in order to ensure that there are no further complaints of this nature in the future. I would also like to take this opportunity and to inform you that we are in the process of reviewing an upgrade to our existing towel offering and we hope to have this in place in the near future.
I was exceptionally disappointed to read of your experience as this is not the standard to which we at Flora Creek operate to, as confirmed by most of our guest reviews on TripAdvisor.
I had already responded to your initial feedback directly via email, but you may not have received my previous communication, so if you have the time and if I can assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.
Cluster Director of Operations
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.