“World class” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 5,621 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: For world-class dining at its finest, Reflets par Pierre Gagnaire delivers a truly magical, kaleidoscopic experience that will take you on a culinary journey of discovery. Headed up by the renowned three-Michelin star chef Pierre Gagnaire, Reflets presents sensational French menus and gastronomic creations that intrigue and play with the senses. Sink into the plush pink damask chairs, surrounded by artistic Murano glass chandeliers and mother-of-pearl adorned walls, while you fully indulge in its private and romantic waterfront setting and enjoy the tastes of its specialist wine cellar, recommended by Reflets' own resident sommelier.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“World class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Tantalising and exquisite food and excellent service. Best restaurant in Dubai by miles. It is expensive but no more than other average restaurants in expensive hotels.

• Visited December 2013

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very good, but still some room for improvement...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

First things first. World Class Haute Cuisine using the highest quality ingredients is not cheap. Do not book a table at this restaurant if you are not a serious foodie with a passion for gastronomic excellence no matter what the cost.

That said, our last trip to Reflets was worth every penny. We enjoyed the White Truffle set menu, relishing the chance to gorge ourselves on one of the worlds most sought after ingredients. The dishes, each specially created to incorporate and be complemented by fresh white truffle, were executed and presented superbly, the particular highlight being the Parmesan Soufflé with Spinach velouté and torrified pine nuts. There have only been three occasions in my life where I have enjoyed food so good that it literally brought tears of joy to my eyes. This was one of those occasions.

The overall experience could be tweaked a bit though. On arrival we were ushered on to the terrace for a glass of champagne. This was nice and tranquil, and would have provided a lovely setting for an initial perusal of the menu, but this was overlooked. We were then moved indoors to our table and immediately presented with a huge selection of amuses bouches. These were lovely, and are always the hallmark of a great restaurant, but being presented with so many in one go was a little overwhelming. It almost left us feeling as though we had already eaten a meal before we had even seen a menu. It was only after the amuses bouches had been cleared that we finally got to see the menu, and then had to wait for quite a long time for our order to be taken. A better approach might have been to stagger the delivery of the tasty teasers... Maybe bring one or two along with the menus, then a couple more after the order had been taken. I was also disappointed by the lack of wine pairings for the White Truffle menu, as this always enhances my enjoyment of good food. The Sommelier did a good job of rustling up some good pairings on the spot, but it seemed like something of an afterthought, which was a shame.

From that point on, the service was flawless. A truly sublime evening. Sensational food in sumptuous surroundings (ok, one or two details were a little bit fin de siecle for my taste, but I didn't really care) and therefore worth every penny. Despite what some other people have posted here, the menu had prices for all dishes clearly stated. It's also worth bearing in mind that White Truffles currently change hands for around USD 14,000.00 per kilo, so any menu incorporating them in substantial quantities is going to come with a pretty hefty price tag. Who cares....? Any time I'm confronted with a situation where I hesitate over the cost or consequences of something that I know will be immensely enjoyable, I remember my Dad's favourite catchphrase; "You're a long time dead..."

• Visited November 2013
Abu Dhabi
“Finest service and best dessert in the UAE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were treated to a chef's sampling menu at La Terrasse, which surpassed all expectations. The service was impeccable, and each and every waiter (of which there were 3 for our table alone) was faultlessly attentive (my pregnant wife's beef was cooked to perfection without her even having to ask). The accompanying Chardonnet was delightful, coming from a very moderate drinker. The 10 dishes of dessert were to die for and the perfect finale for what was one of the finest dining experiences we have ever enjoyed in our 5 years in the UAE. Deserved congratulations to Reji Francis (assistant restaurant manager) and team. We look forward to our next visit.

Perth
“Expensive, but worth it for a special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Fantastic tasting menu, excellent wine pairings. So much food its almost impossible to finish all the courses.

Visited March 2013
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Good food, very filling!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

They say you get what you pay for, most definitely correct with regards to this restaurant. Yes it might be expensive but the quality totally outweighs the price. The service is above and beyond anything I've ever experienced. The food was immaculately presented and the flavors and combinations will live long in my memory as one of the best culinary delights of my life to date. I especially enjoyed the Foie Gras Mousse With Turkish Delight amouse bouche and the Beetroot Ice Cream that was part of my seven deserts. Do I suggest you go here, absolutely without any shadow of a doubt!!!! WORLD CLASS.

• Visited November 2013