“Perfectly Located” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #297 of 487 Hotels in Dubai
Kuala Lumpur
“Perfectly Located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

For those attending an event at the Dubai World Trade Centre this must be the most reasonable accommodation and closest to the Trade Centre. Step out of the back door Block A of the apartments and one is a mere two minute walk to the centre while the Metro Station is a three minute walk through the front door.

Check-in was quick and fuss free and the two room apartment we had came with a large king and two single beds in separate rooms, two baths, living and dining rooms and a well equipped kitchen. The place was tidy with the exception of cigarette burns in the carpet and the air-conditioning system hardy enough to stave off the blistering UAE heat!

All said and done the hotel proved most convenient for the four night five days we spent there and which included cooking our own breakfasts (in-room dining is available but can be a little prohibitive unless money isn't an issue, in which case you probably wouldn't be staying here anyways) as the menu has two eggs, any style, priced at AED30 (USD 8).

Hopping onto the Metro is simple enough and takes one both ways towards Jebel Ali as well as towards the city.

The one thing that could have been better was the shortage of cutlery as there seemed to be a strange absence of forks and spoons!

Overall the hotels location both to the Trade Centre and the Metro made it a perfect choice for this particular trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed there couple days and choose this hotel first of all because of its location, I love this area. Its center of Dubai city, so its not that far from everything, by metro and by taxi. Plus love to walk there at night and take photos, hotel side of the Zayed road is really quite, but opposite side of the road at night occupied by african and asian prostitutes and they pimps.
ROOM: I choose standard room, it was big enough for 1 person, but I dont like that window was tiny, so room was really dark. There was really good soundproof from street side, but because room was connected by door with next room, I heard noise from my neighbors. Standard room have nothing in common with apartments, because it have only small ugly fridge and microwave. Bathroom was clean, but sometimes had really bad smell. Also I found dirty cup in my room. Building I stayed in was closest to metro station (less than 1 min walk I guess) Also next to lots of cafes, restaurants and couple supermarkets, but if you want to go to pool, you need to exit outside of the hotel, walk around 5 min in street and enter another building again. Pool was big and also they have separate pool for kids, also steam bath and sauna in locker room.
When I check out, they not even care to call me a taxi, and it was impossible to find it near hotel, so I have to walk in other side of the road.
Overall my impression about hotel workers, they wasn't rude, but wasn't nice or helpful either. Like they do not exist.
But overall for price I pay (little bit more than 100$ per night) and for this area hotel is best option.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Despite asking for a non-smoking room I was put into a smoking room. Being busy and occupied I didn't notice immediately. Best they could do was another room. No assistance with packing my things. My meetings start at 8AM. Their breakfast (no option) starts at 8AM. I asked to eat earlier. Granted for 3 days. 4th Day declined me access and no alternative. Appalling!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Leadhills, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed at these apartments in November and December 2013. The rooms are recently decorated, as advertised, however there is paint everywhere and even in one apartment a white footprint on the kitchen worksurface! The floors are absolutely disgusting. The second apartment I stayed in, I actually bought a bottle of bleach and tried to clean the kitchen floor myself. Unfortunately, the grease had been there for so long that no amount of scrubbing removed it.

Apartments are very dated. The kitchen especially is fitted out with old formica units and white goods that have been around for many, many years.

The apartments are connected by locked doors and all smells come under the door, smoke, shower smells, cooking smells. This also means that you can hear everything from the neighbouring apartments. In the second apartment I stayed in, the hot water boiler kept breaking and I had several days of cold showers. Water pressure is pathetic!

On the plus side, the apartments are spacious and the bed is comfortable. Aside from the noise from setup of events at the trade centre I was able to sleep fairly well. Note that it's best to get an apartment on the Sheik Zayed Road side of the building due to work at the WTC side happening overnight.

The apartments are very close to both the trade centre and the metro. There is a well stocked supermarket within the complex. I only stayed here due to a very generous offer, otherwise they are far too expensive for the appalling state of the apartments.

Room Tip: Get a room at the Sheik Zayed Road side. It's impossible to get a taxi when events are on at th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Had a tough time living there as I'm allergic to smoke and we were provided with smoking room. they said they have freshened it up, but common AC ducts with other smoking room was fatal.
I had to switch off AC to protect my lungs.

Room Tip: Request for higher floor and road facing
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I think the Apartments at WTC attracts two types of visitor – both of which are on a tight budget. It seems to attract a mixture of long term residents (including families) and short term stayers who are there for a trade show next door. If you accept the fact that this is a budget property, you won’t be too disappointed. If you were hoping for something more “Dubai” – glitzy and glamorous – forget it.

Location is incredible. It is immediately next to the WTC train station and attached to the big exhibition centre. You really can’t beat it if you’re in town for a trade show. The proximity of the train is also pretty good and rather unique in Dubai. However, the three dark concrete towers which make up the property look very dated from the outside, with tiny windows and a rather ugly architectural style. They were obviously built in a different era and the stark contrast between this hotel and the glass-fronted towers around it is quite stark.

The taxi driver had no idea where to take me so I ended up being dropped off at Tower C. Wrong. Tower A is where hotel guests check in and it’s quite a walk from one to the other. However, the first thing I noticed was that the inside of the buildings isn’t that bad – it’s obviously had an internal makeover recently. A nice surprise.

I arrived at 4am due to a delayed flight and the receptionist told me “you’re not booked in until tomorrow. Check in is at 2pm. Your room is occupied.” I panicked a little but then checked my Expedia email which confirmed I was in fact on time. The chap looked confused, tutted a lot, looked at his screen and then a few printed out room confirmations etc. “I don’t know what’s happened.” Was all he said. After a little steaming from me and a few random calls he suddenly gave me a room card with no explanation or apology. Very strange. An awful first impression.

I arrive in my room to find nothing in the mini bar and not even a bottle of water for me. It may be a budget hotel but come on, in Dubai they should at least have provided one bottle of water. There were no options to buy any either so I was stuck with tap water! The room itself was large and spacious. The bed was comfortable – very much so actually. There was a room service menu, available from early morning until 11:30pm. There were also tea & coffee facilities. Wifi was free and there was an iron in the room – two things I insist on wherever I stay so I was made a little less put off by the place. I went to sleep easily and woke up wanting to give the place another chance.

The hotel was a different place in the morning. The reception area was buzzing and the staff there seemed a little more friendly, but not much. I headed out to the gym (in block C) and was very surprised by what I found. There’s a large pool area with a bar/restaurant which had loads of people in it (mainly long term residents). The gym was large too – surprisingly so – and well equipped. Alright, so the buildings itself are rather old, as are some of the facilities inside, but this made me very happy. I spent ages in the gym and it wasn’t busy at all.

The second day I wanted to extend my check-out as I had a 2:30am flight. They charged me 450 Dhs for an extended check-out – to 6pm. There was no negotiating this and I was surprised they didn’t say 7 would be alright – they said they weren’t at full capacity. When I ended up checking out the receptionist asked me what I’d been told to pay. I could’ve said anything apparently but was honest. I think the reception staff need a little bit of training if this hotel wants to come up to a better standard. Saying that, staff at the recreation centre and the housekeeping team were very good. I'm not at all surprised to see that the hotel manager doesn't reply to reviews here!

I would stay here again if I had to, but would investigate spending a little more to stay in a newer property. As with everything like this, you get what you pay for so I’ll end by saying it was actually good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I read a lot of not so positive reviews, but still made a reservation due to the location. It is literally 200 yards outside the World Trade Centre. The facade of the facility is nothing to write home about, but the apartments were clean, the bed was comfortable, the wifi worked well and the Metro station is just outside the door. If you are looking for posh, there are lots of options in Dubai and they are expensive. If you want to stay at the beach, Jumeirah has loads of nice options with great views. If you are traveling to the WTC and want a solid option close to the Centre, the Apartments are a great choice.

Room Tip: Block A is closest to the WTC.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Apartments Dubai World Trade Centre? Share your experiences!