We were a group of nine consisting of three families. We booked for two nights through Emirates Airlines a double room for the couple, a triple room for the family of three; and two doubles for the family of four. Arriving late at night from Athens, we found the staff at Reception utterly confused about our booking. The couple were offered twin beds, rather than a king. Reception offered to swap this room with that allocated to the family of four, which was absurd (a family of four would not fit into a double room). When that was rejected, Reception offered to move the couple into a room with a king bed for the second night. We told them to forget that, and find a suitable pair of double rooms for the family of four.
The family of three was placed in a double (king bed) room, so after complaints, an extra bed had then to be brought in.
Although we pointed out that we had booked two doubles for the family of four, Reception allocated them to a triple! When we discovered this and objected that this was not what was booked, and the the room swap proposed was outrageous, eventually a manager intervened and moved them to a two-bedroom apartment. That was a satisfactory outcome, but it meant that two very tired children did not get to sleep until after 2pm.
The staff at Reception seemed hopelessly incompetent.
Otherwise the hotel was clean and other staff helpful. One small point: it was strange that in such a hotel no stand on which to place luggage is provided.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Millennium Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Grand Millennium Dubai Hotel
- Grand Millennium Hotel Dubai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Grand Millennium Dubai where you will experience a high level of personalised service, plus a memorable stay. This exclusive new property offers luxurious, spacious and tastefully furnished guestrooms, complete with state-of-the-art-technology. Located on Sheikh Zayed Road between Mall of Emirates and Ibn Battuta shopping mall, adjacent to Dubai Media City, Emirates Golf Club and The Montgomerie. The hotel has four exciting restaurants, lounge and bars from the Italian hot spot "Dante", to the authentic Asian restaurant & bar "Toshi", serving ethnic cuisines from Malaysia, Thailand, China and Japan, the sparkling champagne lounge "Crystal Bar", the dazzling all-day dining "Atrium", the tropical "JUZZ Bar", chic "Lobby Lounge" and the unique "Belgian Beer Cafe" which offers a warm and cozy atmosphere of an authentic European Cafe, featuring Art Nouveau-inspired interior. Enjoy the Jasmine Spa, outdoor Swimming pool and Jacuzzi as well as extensive work out facilities and Gym equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Millennium Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.