Our plane arrived at approximately midnight. Luckily we were on Europe time so weren't tired, but had just endured a six hour flight. Customs took a long time, of course, and even the taxi line was quite long - but efficient.
We arrived at the Novotel at around 1:30am. There was no shortage of people around! Our bags were immediately hauled off to be delivered to our room, the Vertigo bar was alive with noise, people were sitting in the lobby getting the free internet and there were other people checking in. Our room was just being finished and we all collapsed! Within half an hour, we were comfortably asleep.
They were great with organising our wake-up call at 9:30am - we were afraid we wouldn't make it to breakfast! It didn't disturb us, either, because we had already woken up. Breakfast had a wide range of delicious items and was very extensive.
The wifi in the lobby was free but a little bit unreliable. There was a great range of restaurants; bistro, buffet, bar, cafe. Unfortunately, we did not get to enjoy the wonderful pool as much as we would've if it was better weather! We stayed during an unusually cold Dubai Winter, thinking it would not be as hot as our previous stay in September (both times as stopovers) but not as cold as in Europe. Unfortunately, it was windy and low twenties, so the pool was freezing! However, we still had some swimming time, slowly adjusting to the temperature. There was also a great paddling mini kids pool with fountains. Beautiful view of a mosque from our window, absolutely lovely. Comfortable bath. No faults, except for the unreliable internet! Staff were friendly and helpful - one told us all about the metro, gave us a map and even made calls for us to find out if things we wanted to visit were open! We had a fantastic stay!
On our trip we stayed with Novotel a lot. Some are absolutely amazing. No, most are absolutely amazing! This was definitely one of them.
I'll also add that there are extremely comfy chairs by the pool (I almost went to sleep - still jetlagged!) and a great fitness centre!
It's near the airport, which was good because we were just stopping over and had also been to Dubai before (stayed elsewhere) so had seen most of the sights (Burj Khalifa, Atlantis, etc.). Dubai is the main stopover for getting to Europe from Australia, and (with the kids and all) we prefer to stay a few nights than connect immediately. The Novotel is also right near Deira City Centre metro station.
Definitely recommend. Thanks Novotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic Dubai Novotel Deira City Centre is directly opposite to Deira City Centre shopping mall and within the business and commercial district of Port Saeed. The hotel is only 5 min from Dubai International Airport (DXB) and 15 min from Dubai World Trade Center. It offers 188 guest rooms, ideal for a business trip or family breaks in in Dubai, as well as international and regional restaurants, fully licensed bars and an outdoor temperature controlled swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, ACCOR, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Novotel Deira City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Deira City Centre Hotel Dubai
- Novotel Hotel Dubai
- Deira City Centre Novotel