“Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Deira City Centre

You added Novotel Deira City Centre to your Saves list
Novotel Deira City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8th street | Front of Deira City CentreMall, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
City Break up to 40% off
Ranked #198 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Karachi
“Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very convenient hotel, good location for my work related activity and meetings. Across the street form the City Center mall, walking from a metro station and only a short drive from the airport.
Clean rooms and bathrooms, bed comfort is not as good as it should be, I has a stiff back after the 2nd night of sleeping on the bed. No twin rooms at the hotel, only Queen beds and a sofa bed if needed.
Very good breakfast with ample options.
Free wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HotelsDirector, Manager at Novotel Deira City Centre, responded to this review, December 18, 2012

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the good quality of the breakfast and the cleaness of the room and bathroom ; so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Email: H6481-GM@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

ideal located just 2-3 stops by metro from the airport, very good value, efficent staff, comfortable room and bed, nice pool area. the hotel does offer free wifi in the lobby area and in the room, there are unfortenly no computers to use in the lobby but wifi works well. the drinks at the pool bar are a bit overratet as usual at pool bars but quiet zone and good pool size for a swim. note that the pool area stays in the shade until early afternoon no sunshine there as pool is on first foor surrounded by the buildings.

Room Tip: to get a quiet room and a view try to get a room on the upper levels
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Oreste Geronimo T, Manager at Novotel Deira City Centre, responded to this review, December 22, 2012

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the quality of the customers services; so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Ramallah, Palestine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We got really lucky this time. The location of this hotel is perfect. Right across the street is a very nice mall to shop at. The service was great, but I kept asking for adapters and they were out of them. But that wasn't a big deal (the mall across the street basically made my trip). The people at the reception were very helpful. Keep in mind that there is free wifi at the lobby (just ask for the password). The rooms are clean, spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
HotelsDirector, Manager at Novotel Deira City Centre, responded to this review, December 19, 2012

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, especially concerning the customers services; so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies, concerning the adapters.

I would like you to rest assure that I am personally taking your remarks very seriously and that urgent corrective measures will be taken.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at the Novotel for one night during a stopover in Dubai. We arrived early in the morning at 6:30 am expecting to check-in (we were told that early check-in was permitted subject to availability). On arrival we were asked to pay 50% of the daily rate extra to secure the room at that time. I had exchangd emails with the reservations department and while not entirely clear had been given the impression that we were ok to check-in early with no additional cost incurred. After a bit of haggling and showing the email to the reception and the duty manager they relented but said the room was only going to be given to us at 8:00. This was not because a room was unavailable but more as a matter of some silly rule or to make us wait. We made ourselves comfortable in the lobby on the lounges. I got access to the free wifi (only available in the lobby) and whiled away my time waiting for the clock to strike 8:00.

As agreed I got my room at 8:00 and was also able to eat the included breakfast on that morning instead of the next morning which is usually the case. This was because our flight to Rio was leaving at 7:10 and breakfast at the hotel was not an option.

The room itself was standard Novotel but without all the usual amenities (some things were missing but nothing that was missed). Breakfast was nice but not as elaborate (again more than adequate) as other Novotel's I have stayed at.

Room does not have wifi but does have wired Internet at cost.

The hotel is opposite a good sized shopping centre that has good pricing and a wide variety of shops that we took advantage of.

Only real negative was that that at check-out we were asked if we consumed mini bar items - which we hadn't - as we were stepping out of hotel to get a cab the reception staff member questioned us again - apparently we had consumed a Heinekin - either it was a mistake on part of housekeeping - not stocking it or they were trying to dupe us. It left a bad taste in the mouth and the reception person made me sign a docket saying I didn't consume it and he made it feel like he was making the drink complimentary.

When we requested a taxi a private one was made available who charged us 40 dirhams - we paid 35 on the way in and that is also because of some airport surcharge. For a 5-min journey I expected a smaller fare so again it felt like the reception chap duped us and was working in collusion with some of these private car drivers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelsDirector, Manager at Novotel Deira City Centre, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies, concerning the quality of the services during your staty regarding the early check in.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The room is very neat, especially the bathroom, which has plenty of space. Good option for those who are connecting flights and need to stay one night in Dubai. Only five minutes from the airport. Complementary spring water in the room is a plus. I also liked the fact that there is a fast and easy internet connection in the lounge. There is a strong smell of cigarette in the lounge, but it did not bother me much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I would like you to rest assure that I am personally taking your remarks very seriously concerning the strong smell of cigarette in the long bar and that urgent corrective measures will be taken.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel Deira City Centre

North West England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

If you would like to stay in a hotel that has no working tv channels, no wifi in the rooms (despite being clearly advertised on its website and even in the hotel reception), light bulbs that flicker and buzz in your room, hotel managers that don't call you back when you call down to reception to complain that your tv isn't working,, if you like your main course delivered to you in the restaurant just as you are eating your starter (and they just leave it on your table) then go ahead, stay here !
I am so shocked at how bad this hotel is.

I checked in on a business trip, hoping to get to the hotel, have a hot bath and watch a nice film and check a few emails. No such luck ! The tv is not working - they tell me it will be fixed tomorrow night but I've checked in (thankfully) for 1 night. There is no promised wifi - just a cable in the room that doesn't fit my iPad ! Doesn't the term wifi mean wireless ?!
The restaurant is a joke. If you want wine - they only have Chardonnay.
The menu is smaller than the room service menu so hardly any choice. Whilst eating my starter (the cold buffet is the only starter option)' I then get my main course delivered to the table whilst still only half way through my starter. The timid waitress puts it down on the table to go cold. Her colleague promptly takes it away and leaves it over on the side near the kitchen hatch. Only to be brought back to me stone cold ! So the dish is left half eaten.

These guys are just playing at running a hotel.
Take my advice - don't stay here no matter what assurances they give you. I've stayed in better travel inns at £29 a night !

Room Tip: Don't choose one !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HotelsDirector, Manager at Novotel Deira City Centre, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies, concerning the TV channels and the quality of services at the restaurant.

Preston, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed for a week mostly on holiday but a bit of business thrown in. Hotel was fine for our needs - pool, food and outside sitting area on roof were good, staff friendly & helpful, good range of breakfast foods. We also enjoyed the brasserie and cafe with free Wi-Fi. Room was comfortable, clean and tidy. Our only quibbles were that the reception/entrance area were a bit gloomy, needs brightening up; and the lifts did not always respond to the key cards. Great location, opposite City Centre mall and very short walk to the Metro. Good value for money. We would certainly stay there again, though not for a special trip or celebration.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelsDirector, Manager at Novotel Deira City Centre, responded to this review, December 8, 2012

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your comments with the team, in particular about the cleanness and with rest of the staff concerning their efficiency; so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Email: H6481-GM@accor.com

Been to Novotel Deira City Centre? Share your experiences!