“Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bateaux Dubai

Bateaux Dubai
Baniyas Road | opposite the ENBD Head Office, Deira side, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
+971 4 814 5553
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 5,571 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: International
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

What an amazing experience from the red carpet entrance to the farewells from the wonderfully attentive staff everything was exceptional. The lovely Anvie covered our table and she explained everything in detail and nothing was too much trouble. The food was faultless and along with the romantic atmosphere it was possibly one of the best dining experiences we've ever encountered. We ended up purchasing a photo so we had something to look back on! We would definately return in a heart beat, thank you for a wonderful evening....

Deborah T, Manager at Bateaux Dubai, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Chezzie72,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent dining experience on board Bateaux Dubai.

I was delighted to know that you had a wonderful evening during your dining cruise experience with us, as well as you feeling that it was one of the best dining experiences you have had ever encountered.

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the food, atmosphere on board, as well as to my team whom you felt were wonderfully attentive and exceptional. I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you on board Bateaux Dubai in the near future.

• Greek first
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Romantic Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The whole experience from walking up to the boat via a red carpet to our last goodbyes to the wonderfully attentive staff was very special.
We were served by a lovely girl called Anvie who explained everything in detail and really looked after us. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was so romantic! We would definitely dine again in a heart beat. We had a lovely photo taken to look back on what was all in all one of the best dining experience's we have ever had. Thank you!

Shoreham Beach
“Very elegant way to dine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Had a fabulous evening with family on this last Thursday evening for my dads 70th.
Setting was lovely & very stylish.
The photographers do pounce on you at beginning to take photos to sell you & although we had no intention of buying them as thought they would be pricey(125 dirhams in nice wallet)they were actually really nice so did in the end.
We purchased the drinks inclusive deal which if you drink wine is a great deal but I don't & assumed when it said house drinks that I would be able to have a gin or vodka instead but was told would have to pay additionally for that which I think is a bit rough & wouldn't have wasted money on paying for wine I couldn't drink!needs to be more transparent what is included or not.
Overall though it was a lovely evening with delicious food & the chocolate fondant was to die for!

Deborah T, General Manager at Bateaux Dubai, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear floozi,

It was great to know that you decided to celebrate your father’s birthday on board, and I am pleased to know that overall you had a lovely evening. I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the setting on board which you have kindly mentioned was lovely and very stylish, as well as to the food in particular the chocolate fondant that you enjoyed.

We take all our guest feedbacks seriously, which allows us to continuously improve. Our management team is now reviewing the areas for improvement, which you have highlighted and to make any necessary changes.

I would like to thank you once again for detailing your dining cruise experience on Trip Advisor, and we hope that we will have the opportunity of having you back on board Bateaux Dubai in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I recently went to Bateaux Dubai to celebrate my birthday. We booked a table next to the window and had a great view of Dubai Creek throughout.

Alcohol is only served once the boat has sailed – not a problem, as you are given complimentary juice and canapés on arrival. My one slight criticism was that once we had sailed, the staff were slow in serving the drinks – it took our wine a further 15 minutes to be served, despite ordering it when we had arrived.

That said, the food was good – certainly better that the average buffet which you get on other boats in the Creek. What made the evening though was the fantastic views together with music as well. The 3 hours spent on the boat just disappeared – always the sign of a good evening. You can also go outside as well to soak up the atmosphere if you want to.

Great evening – can recommend it to anyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear DeeJay_9413,

Firstly, I would like to personally wish you a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was happy to know that you had decided to celebrate this special occasion with us.

It was nice to read your positive comments about the food, views, music and atmosphere on board which you enjoyed. Your welcomed feedback with regards to the service has been shared with our Restaurant Manager.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on board Bateaux Dubai in the future.

United Kingdom
“Well worth the extra cost!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We booked the Bateaux based on trip advisor comments and didn't regret it. It was our wedding anniversary and the restaurant, when compared with all the other restaurant boats, certainly seemed to be that little bit special and had the feel of being more upmarket. Not saying the other options would not be good choices but as soon as you compare with the Bateaux, on first impressions it obviously in a slightly different league.

The atmosphere was good and the food and service lived up to our first impressions of the Bateaux and were of a very high standard. Whilst not big drinkers, would definitely recommend the all inclusive food and drink package as it makes everything easier with nothing else to think about other than to enjoy he leisurely pace of the cruise itself.

We were at first a little concerned about the movement of the boat but it turned out to not be a problem as the boat hardly rocks at all.

All in all would have no hesitation in recommending the Bateaux, spend a little extra and choose this one as overall it's excellent value for money.

Dear Ian D,

I was extremely pleased to read that you decided to celebrate your wedding anniversary on board, following other traveler’s reviews.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the atmosphere on board which you felt was good, as well as to the food and service which you have kindly mentioned was of a very high standard.