“Practical Hotel in an excellent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina

You added Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   392-260 Street K | Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #162 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
Cairo, Egypt
“Practical Hotel in an excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recommend this hotel if you are:
a big family, in a business trip with colleagues, family staying for a long period
I don't recommend this hotel if you are:
a couple in a honeymoon, couple staying for short period, solo traveler, seeking a high level of pampering

Location: 5 minutes walk to the Marina and about 10 minutes to the JBR Walk. If you wish to stay in Dubai down town than this hotel wont be your first choice. It is about 20 kilometers far from down town.
Accessibility: There is a Metro station (Dubai Marina station) 5 minutes walk from the hotel

Apartments: available with 2 or 3 master vast bedrooms with an extra toilet for visitors. The apartments are very well furnished with a fully equipped kitchen.

Service: very friendly staff that provide you with your basic needs

Room Service: There are two restaurants in the hotel: Italian and Thai and they deliver to your room.

Facilities: small, basic pool, gym and spa

Internet: Free WiFi internet in all apartments

Room Tip: Chose an apartment with Marina View. If the weather is good, you will spend quality time in the balc...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback and valued comments. Hopefully we will see you very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here with my family in a delux family room. I had booked standard but I was upgraded just because they could and this is the 3rd time I have been upgraded in dubai hotels. The room was very clean and beds super comfy. The location is perfect for the marina and the walk which are the nicer more beachy places to stay in dubai which I chose as we were with children. The staff are very good and helpful and will book restaurants etc for you. The only thing u would say is dont use their taxi as it is overpriced and taxis in dubai are frequent and very cheap. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your fantastic feedback, I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

all i can say is that the beds there are the best i've slept on in my life, i was there for a week on business and the beds made it very hard for me to be on time for my meeting in the mornings. the service was good and the bar is nice , but the best thing i liked about this hotel is the sleep. arewaise not a very good location and the breakfast was ok.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your fantastic feedback... You must return soon to have another great nights sleep.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here a few nights at the end of September 2012 and had a wonderful stay. We were amazed and impressed by the size and ultra modern style of the apartments and amenities – you can get lost in there if you are not careful. Our apartment was self catering, but there was also an option to eat breakfast downstairs at the restaurant, which we didn’t do as there are so many restaurants to try in Dubai itself. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, albeit the frequent communication barriers. We were also very much impressed with the fitness center and swimming pool area, really top class; and the dim lighting in the hallways, as well as designated quiet areas throughout the residence gave it a feeling of tranquility. The Residence has 2 restaurants (none licensed) and is walking distance from the Jumeirah Beach Residence and the Marina Mall. There is sufficient Taxi's around but for the trips at night to Dubai City center itself we booked a car service the staff recommended for a very good price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. I really am delighted you had a great stay,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

First off, we booked a room by pictures sent to us via email. When we checked in though the room they put us in was NOT the room we agreed to. But by then it was getting late and we had already signed the MONTH contract! Entering into the room, the furniture was outdated 10 years ago! Then the room we are in is facing the construction! So from early in the morning to night all you hear is their working! There is NEVER any peace! I am not here to sight see everyday I am here long term so spending a day or two here and there inside the hotel is expected and hoping for peace and quiet is all I can do! On top of that the balcony door doesn't shut all the way so the noise of Sheik Zayed and the construction leaks through the sliding door like water through a crack!

Staying here with my children, they were excited to go down to the pool. Well looking over to the pool there is a blocked area where they are fixing something. Since the area needs to be fixed I then notice that the water is NOT filtering properly (inlet jets being the overflow over the sides but the water level was lowered due to damaged corner area). Been here a week and still haven't seen any work to fix the problem areas. It's safe to say my kids will not be going swimming again any time soon down there!

Now, the first full day here at the hotel no one came to replenish the towels and do the daily clean and vacuuming so I called down to ask a very important question to me. "Does this hotel clean the rooms daily?". Which had a response of, "Of course!". I then replied with, "Well my rooms was not cleaned today :-/" (it was around 7:30 pm). So he then said I will send someone up right away. The very sweet man came with towels as soon as possible. The next day was what I am guessing to be the "scheduled" cleaning and house keeping did a great job! I even tried to help with sweeping and he urged me not to and he would handle it. No problem at all with him.

Now to the next day, TODAY. I find the toaster is broken. No house cleaning. No one to pick up trash no one to bring towels or pick up the used ones. So I call down to ask for someone from house keeping to come up to pick up the trash also. Being here for a long term deal I cook inside the room daily and with three kids, trash is inevitable, daily. So a man shows up and I show him the toaster that he then replaced. Great! But he then turns to leave. Um, excuse me are you going to find someone else to pick up the trash? "Yes madam" ok. So I ask him," does this hotel not clean everyday?". He says," you are here for a month so no just once or twice a week.". I say nope that will not do. I will need someone here daily to pick up the trash. Is that crazy for me to expect that? So he leaves and 45 min later (maybe 7:30) or so no one still hasn't showed up to pick up the trash. :-(. So I call down. No pick up on the first call it goes to voicemail. Second time no pick up voicemail again. Waited three minutes or so and again voicemail. I leave a message stating I was still waiting for someone to pick up the trash. I then wait some more still nothing. So at around 8:10 finally calling down and reaching a human I let him know that I have been waiting for trash pickup and even left a message so he does find me someone to pick up the trash! Note to self leaving the messages do nothing!

No inclusive breakfast at a 5 star hotel? No I will not pay 70 dirhams per person a day for breakfast!

The buttons on the toilet do not work properly. The central air is iffy and works how it wants to work when it wants to. This hotel has seen better days! A five star hotel? That is a push and a far leap! I would give it a 3. After this month is up we will not be signing another month with Radisson blu! And anyone I know travelling to UAE I will inform them to go elsewhere!

• Stayed February 2013
mkeshreh, General Manager at Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your detailed feedback, I appreciate the time you have invested in documenting such valuable notes. Please e-mail Murad Maree on murad.maree@radissonblu.com so we can contact you directly.
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

It was such a wonderful experience to be at this property. Everybody at the hotel was so helpful and fantastic. The location is nice, 25 minutes from airport, 10 minutes from Emirates mall, and 15 minutes from Dubai mall. We really appreciate our upgradation of our room from studio apartment to one bedroom apartment. Great views, just minutes from Marina, and JBR promenade, which is a great place for a walk and the beach area. Totally recommend this for families

Room Tip: just make a prior request for upgradation to the manager. choose upper floors, away from all the noi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted you had a great stay.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We (wife, 15 month old and myself) stayed for 4 nights over Xmas. Check in was good and the staff were great. We stayed in a 1 Bedroom self catering apartment. The rooms were quite large (except the bathroom which was really small) and contained everything you need (kitchen, lounge room had everything). You did need to buy your own washing up liquid. We were on the highway side and the road could be heard but you do forget about it and it doesn't worry you. All in all we were very pleased with the hotel/room itself.

The location for us was perfect for what we wanted (however others may want to be in the middle of the city, not on the edge like this place is). Just a short walk and you were at the beach and the JBR walk and the restaurants. The shopping mall was very close and not too busy which was good. the marina had lots of restaurants and they were quite good (not all chains like most places in Dubai). We caught the metro most days to the other attractions and caught the occasional taxi.

I think for the price, this is a great place to stay. Other hotels close by that were right on the beach cost allot more, so if you are wanting to save some money but still want to be close to the beach and want a hotel that is of a great standard, this is the place. If you want to spend lots of money on accommodation and want a resort, this is not the place. I would stay again and i would recommend others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thankyou for your kind comments I do hope to see you again here at the hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina? Share your experiences!