“Clean Hotel with great Views...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arjaan by Rotana

You added Arjaan by Rotana to your Saves list
Arjaan by Rotana
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Sufouh Road | Media City, Dubai 502828, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #122 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Clean Hotel with great Views...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Checked in after midnight, reception staff was fully awake smiling and were happy to serve us everything according to our preferences. We requested for a room on higher floors which made the stay really enjoyable as the views were just amazing. Were thinking we paid more until we saw the apartment, a tiny pool and sunbeds in the balcony overlooking both land and sea made it perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ArjaanbyRotana, General Manager at Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay on Tripadvisor!

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a memorable time while staying with us and be assured, that your warm compliments have been shared with our Reception team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Arjaan by Rotana - Dubai
P.O. Box 502828 Dubai Media City, U.A.E | Dir: 00 971 (0) 4 4360101 | T: 00 971 (0) 4 4360000 | F: 00 971 (0) 4 4360102 | mark.mccarthy@rotana.com | rotana.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Cairo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed there for one night. Wasn't impressed at all..rooms are very dark l. Food is very lame..wifi cant connect more than three devices. Breakfast buffet was very basic in comparison to what you can get in other hotels in dubai

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ArjaanbyRotana, General Manager at Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear valued guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to contact us here through Tripadvisor.

We sincerely regret and apologize that we did not meet your full expectations during your recent visit. Please be assured that the satisfaction of each of our guests is our constant aim and that we are taking continued actions to provide variety and quality in our products and services.

Thank you for your valuable feedback as this will help us to improve further and we do hope to have the opportunity to show you a better result during a future visit.

Tabriz, Iran
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

this is the secound time i stayed in arjaan, think it service was lower than 3 years ago ,another proplem metro construcution near hotel it was so noisy,especially in east wing ,so change my room to pool side that it is better tolerated , (thanks mr.tarik), another think wifi is was not free, as i know at least in this high class hotels this is the easiest service they could offer!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write in Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to hear that you have chosen to stay with us once again and that our Front Office team was able to promptly action your room move. We apologize for the disturbance caused by the Tram project. They are now in the final stages of completing this project and the noise issue should be resolved soon. We look forward to the completion of this project as it will be a tremendous benefit for our guests in the near future, providing easy access throughout the area.

Regarding the internet, we have recently introduced complimentary wireless internet in our Lobby and Restaurant area to enable our guests to check emails and perform their work without charge and in a relaxed atmosphere.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback which help us enhance our service quality. We look forward to your next visit.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

It's been about 2 years since my last stay at this hotel. From experience, not a lot of hotels in Dubai maintain their standards over the years and construction of hotels in Dubai isn't always of the best. But the Arjaan doesn't seem to have this problem.

The room with a small kitchen was perfect. We even had a washer/dryer and I was able to do some quick laundry which saved me time going to the dry drycleaners. Service from staff was prompts and always friendly. Breakfast was good - fresh fruits, juices, egg-white omelets on request, croissants & toast, coffee, tea... It's all there for every guest to enjoy.

The only thing that needs to be replaced is the hairdryers! Try pushing a button while trying to get your hair dry. Not an effective way of getting my hair dry in a hurry.

Can't wait for my next trip to the UAE. The Arjaan is undoubtedly my number 1 choice!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 months. The location is good, as you can walk to the Marina, JBR walk, and even to one of the best brunches (Bubbalicious).
The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I had breakfast and wi-fi included in the rate, which was probably the best option. Staff are friendly and helpful. Would recommend for longer stays (1-6 months)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with ocean view or view towards the Marina.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ArjaanbyRotana, General Manager at Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay on Tripadvisor!

We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that we have met your expectations in our products and services. Your compliments have been shared with our team and serve as an inspiration.

Once again, thank you for your recommendation to other travelers.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I only stayed one night here so it’s perhaps a little harsh to judge on that stay alone. I was booked into this hotel by my client in Media City. It seems far from attractions and nothing obviously within walking distance (including restaurants). I was invited to visit the 'souk', but this consisted of only one general provisions shop and an ATM. They had men’s and ladies salons too. This is a pity as they have a nice area for shops (see pics) but I guess the clientele are not available in the area. Staff were excellent from front desk to room service. The same cannot be said of the food though. I ordered Thai Beef Salad and Beef & Broccoli with rice. The Thai was Thai in name only. There was no taste that I expected, and the beef was in small, tough morsels. It was however just edible. The beef and broccoli however was actually INedible (see photos) - you have been warned. The beef was fatty and tough and the taste just, well, awful. I left a note on the plate to this effect. When they called to collect the tray they asked how the food was - and I told them. They apologised and sent a small birthday cake up to me with a bowl of fruit (again, see photos). There was no offer of not billing me for the food though (and I admit I did not ask for it). The room was pleasant enough. I was given a two bedroom unit, and the bed was very comfortable. The room I had seemed to be a smoking room (ashtrays on the table) but I couldn't detect any smell of smoke. I cannot comment on the room rate as I did not pay for the room. This is based on the hotel room, location and room service.

Room Tip: Do not order room service (at least not any Asian dishes)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ArjaanbyRotana, General Manager at Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to learn that you were impressed with our team members, our guest rooms and that you had a good rest. We have shared your comments with our colleagues, which always helps to motivate us.

On the other hand, we regret to hear about your disappointment with your Room Service order. Rest assured that your feedback has been acted upon and that we are now reviewing these specific dishes for improvement. Once again, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for this information and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on future visits. A positive note, regarding our location, is to also let you know that this year, the new Tram will be operational in front of our hotel and will provide easy access to many entertainment areas in this part of town.

Thank you once again.

Sincerely yours,,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My name is Abdelrahman Abbadi and I stayed in your hotel from 07 - 08 March 2014.

This was for the occasion of my wife’s Birthday and I had to have the Premier room with you for one night.

I have called to make the reservation with Carolyn and she was so helpful and I asked for the following:
-Sea View Apartment, High Floor if possible.
-Baby Cot in the room.
-Birthday Arrangement (cake) I gave the name and spelling.
-Romantic set up the hotel used to provide during the valentine. I asked them to charge me if needed.
-Early check in if possible.

We arrived at approximately 16:00 hrs and I was dismayed that none of the above was attended!!!

The Frond Desk can see the notes, but none of the above was looked after.

I was thinking to make a little surprise to my wife, but was ruined by staff that does not pay attention.

Generally, the hotel room was clean, neat and the food was good and well done.

Concierge were good and up to time and efficient.

Housekeeping is very slow. It took them an hour to bring a baby cot.

However; if someone would ask me to stay there or not for such occasion, then I wouldn’t recommend it.

I was recommended by some relatives, but I wouldn’t do the same as the hotel seems like working on basics only and would not go beyond and indulge their guests, although you do not pay cheap rate.

Mr. Andrew and the Girls at the reception were good in apologizing and asked to make things up but it was too late.

Average Hotel I would say.

Abdelrahman

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ArjaanbyRotana, General Manager at Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Mr. Abbadi,

We sincerely regret and apologize that we did not meet your full expectations during your recent visit to celebrate your wife’s birthday. Please rest assured that we have reviewed the situation in full and are taking measures to improve our performance.

As you know, we have been in direct contact to apologize and explain the circumstances involved and we hope these have been to your satisfaction.

We look forward to your next visit and assure you of our full attention and hospitality.

Arjaan by Rotana - Dubai

Been to Arjaan by Rotana? Share your experiences!