“Not great customer service...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ascott Park Place Dubai

You added Ascott Park Place Dubai to your Saves list
Ascott Park Place Dubai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Park Place Tower, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai 117452, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #206 of 486 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Not great customer service...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent three days after Christmas here.
Would have given it a 'very good' because of the quality of furnishings and layout of the apartments but had pretty poor customer service when checking in - had a 4 hour wait before we were given our room. Even though we had arrived late!

And had major grief with the smell of uncollected garbage in the hall way - the rubbish chute was locked!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ascott R, General Manager at Ascott Park Place Dubai, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
It is our every intention to provide excellent service and products to our residents. What happened was an isolated incident and we are very sorry that it affected your stay with us. I would like to assure you that this is not the usual standard we strive for.
I hope that you will reconsider staying with us, giving us another opportunity to serve you better. Please contact me at (971 4) 310 8555 so that I can help you with your stay arrangements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was so disappointed of the the whole stay,
5 star prices with 3 star service and facilities, and under my expectation.
During my recent visit i was placed in 2 bedrooms apartment that was fit for three people only with king and single bed , while my reservation was placed for 2 adult and 3 children, i went back to the front desk and they said that what it was avalible on this time , I told them then it's not my proble because I reservation shows it's for 2 adult and 3 children , and they refused to change the apartment , i was so angry then i told them to cancel my reservation i would like to move to another hotel , suddenly from no where they found many apartments available but they asked us to pay more 1000 dirham per night , I refused to pay any more money i asked they even to move me to better apartment or cancel my reservation and let me find a better hotel, after 4 hours and many calls with hotel's managment they move me to better one, our towel and the bed sheets were dirty and smelly too.

Room Tip: corner suites
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
It is our every intention to provide excellent service and products to our residents. What happened was an isolated incident due to an event which we had that day and we are very sorry that it affected your stay with us. I would like to assure you that this is not the usual standard we strive for.

Once again, we apologize that we were unable to make you feel more at home and comfortable. We would have loved to be able to address your concerns while you were here and had the chance to make your stay more pleasant. We hope that you would reconsider staying with us again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was the first time I have stayed at this apartment tower, but will definitely be returning.
We got there at 1000, 4 hours before check in time, but the reception staff managed to get us in to our apartment by 1100. another bonus was the free WiFi, i had read in previous reviews that this was not free, but it is and has an excellent speed. The apartment was large and clean.
Only a couple of minor negatives..Our apartment was not cleaned during our stay, and they could do with a few more English TV channels.

Room Tip: Ask High floor room and a parking space on level 5
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback which will be shared with the team at Ascott Park Place Dubai. Your feedback motivates us to do better to ensure that our residents have a warm and pleasant experience. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Leamington Spa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 6 times now and really cannot fault the place. The rooms are large and really well furnished with good quality modern furniture and great design
If I were on holiday I would go to somewhere nearer the Marina or Jumeirah Beach but for my purposes this is just right

• Stayed October 2012
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

From the moment we walked through the doors I was impressed. The front desk staff were so friendly and very helpful. Check in was fast and very easy.
We found the location really good as it was only a couple of minute walk to the train station. The room was spacious and modern. The cleaners always did a good job of cleaning the room.
The pool and fitness centre was fantastic
A special mention has to go out to the front desk staff as on our last night my wife got quite ill and they were so helpful in finding us a doctor to come to our room in the middle of the night.
Next time we visit will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We found this hotel to be very clean, new, spacious & modern. Around 10mins by taxi from the international airport & very close to the train which could take you to any hot spot in Dubai. We travelled in a family of 5 & took a 2 day stop over in Dubai on our way to Europe. We didn't realize it was their religious month which made travel/pleasure very inconvenient & would have chosen an alternate stop over had we known. However you couldn't fault the facilities & hotel staffs friendliness.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Found park place a very practicle place to stay. I recently moved to Dubai was putup in Park Place by my company for 1month. As I write this i am still staying here and find this place very convenient. Its a very stylish place and very elegant too. Had invited my friend over last week and they were thoroughly impress with it. It has a great club, with a very long and beautiful swimming pool (not a small play type), where you can actually exercise.
The only issue i faced was with restaurant, they don't have own restaurant, there is a restaurant in the same building and they don't seem to have any deals or discounts there. You have to order out, and the breakfast they serve is very ordinary.

I would definitly recommned it you colleagues who move in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ascott Park Place Dubai? Share your experiences!