“Reception Problems - Nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai

You added Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | near Financial Center Station, Dubai 116162, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #100 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
New York
“Reception Problems - Nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Positives: Spacious Rooms, Nice breakfast, descent prices, nice service at the restaurants.

Negatives: Bad service at the reception: I am an SPG Gold Member. I booked and payed for a non-smoking preferred room. When checked-in I was told that since I am a Gold Member I was "upgraded" to a preferred room. I told them that I was paying for such a room so do not tell me that you upgrade me! ! ! They did not say or do anything after that to fix their false statement! When entered the room, I realized from the smell that this was a smoking room. I called the reception and told them about this problem and their answer was that the preferred rooms were all full and in the next days if there was availability they would change us. However, when i searched through SPG.COM 10 minutes later, I found out that there were more than 3 available non-smoking preferred rooms. I went immediately to the reception and told them that. Their response was "The rooms were just been freed out"!!! . I had to search the internet to find out about their lie in order to change us room into a non-smoking! This behavior is unacceptable!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
FPSheikhZayedRoad, Executive Asst. Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, responded to this review, September 8, 2009
Dear Ryanam,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We were pleased to read about your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai. We are also sorry to read about your experience at the Reception during your check in.

On behalf of the hotel management, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.

If you would like to discuss your experience with me, please email me at sheikhzayed.dubai@fourpoints.com . Once again, we are very sorry to read about your experience and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
shesra
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I was really disappointed with the service I got from the staff and management of the hotel. The first day we came to the hotel, we expected the staffs to help us with valet parking or to pick up our luggage, but instead they just stood around and ignored us, until we approached them. The price of the hotel is not worth the stay. You can stay at a better hotel on the same street for a cheaper price and quality service. The staffs are very rude in this hotel. Every night the security would stop us form entering the hotel elevator, because they thought we were outsiders. Did I mention the fact, every time you request a room service favor, the receptionist will call to follow up, it gets really annoying after a while. In addition, the hotel did a pre-authorization on my credit card, however after I left, I discovered they charged the pre-authorization on my credit card account. The staffs in the front desk tend to confuse you with piles of receipts and they are very unorganized. They need to update their technology and match up to the hospitality industry of the western society. One more thing, we did not know that our room included free parking, I asked the staff on the front desk several times, "What does the price of our room include?" and not once have they mentioned parking they should tell all their customers about the services offered within the price of their room package. Very, very poor incompetent service. Please change management or get someone from North America to teach you how to run a hotel.

PS: The staffs speak English, however it is really hard to understand their English, because of the accents. I suggest they hire a native English speaking staff to avoid the frustration of language barriers for customers like myself.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Dear shesra,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We were very sorry to read about your experience at the Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai.

I noted comments about your experience with our staff. On behalf of the hotel management, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff as this will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our services. In lieu of this, we shall address the issues you faced with the department concerned.

If you would like to discuss your over all experience with me, please email me at: sheikhzayed.dubai@fourpoints.com so I can address this with you directly.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you soon for your next stay.

Dubai, UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

My brother, friend and I stayed at the Four Points for over two weeks on a vacation to the area. From the moment we pulled up to the front door the staff were very helpful. Check in was a breeze and the room rate was very good. The rooms were very big (we had two) and my room (a starwood preffered guest room) was very spacious. The room was equiped with a nice bed, a very nice TV, a spacious desk and very nice closets. It even has speakers in the very large bathroom so you can hear the show you are watching while in the bathroom, great if you are an avid news fan like I am) The parking in the garage is free which is a nice touch in Dubai, the only disadvantage is that you have to drive up to the eigth floor every time you want to park. The staff were always so friendly, even the security guards. The man who cleaned my room, Sikander, was very professional and friendly. He even cleaned my watches and glasses and placed them all perfectly on my bed stand. It really is the little things in this hotel that make the difference. The pool has amazing views of Dubai and seems to be a little bit cooler than the rest of the City which is a nice touch. The views from up there are breathtaking, especially the sunsets over the gulf. I would recommend this hotel to everybody whether you are staying for one night or two weeks. GREAT PLACE!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
FPSheikhZayedRoad, Executive Asst. Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, responded to this review, August 19, 2009
Dear kengoggin900,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We were very pleased to read about your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

Me and my family stayed here for 5 nights (2 adults 1 baby and 1 teen), overall everything was good, we were in a twin room which was exceptoinally large, the staff were always friendly and polite (even with all my trouble!) the manager on during my stay was the lady (im unsure of the name spelling) and even though there were some issues, she always managed to sort things out for me and seemed genuinely annoyed when she found out we were being overcharged when getting a taxi back from the mall. Walter was wonderful as others have said, thats not to say the others are not nice, but Walter was a bit more chatty, the only reason I have not given a full 5* was due to the location, although there are shops within walking distance, I think I may have been better off at a beach hotel as the area is not the best with kids in tow, plus when I was reseaching into this hotel a few of the booking sites mention thats its close to the mall, and i suppose it is, but with the way Dubai roads are there is no way of walking, maybe once the train is finished you might be able to use the walkway to get to the other side of the road and then maybe it will be within walking distance.

We never had breakfast there so cant comment, but the lunch buffet was nice, again not really a buffet as the only "have as much as you like" section was the starters and drinks, but it was all very nice. Hubby was delighted with the free Wi-fi in the public areas, and wish other hotels would adopt this.

Dear hoxtonbabe,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai. We are so glad to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations and you had a pleasant stay with us.

paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

I was there last year, just a few weeks after the opening of the hotel.

The hotel itself is well located, either for business of for leisure.

The check-in and out where incredibly long and inefficient.

The room was nice and well appointed, featuring a nice view on the city.

There is a little pool on the roof top, but, they did not provide any umbrella, which is incredible when you know the outside temperature in Dubai in summer...

Finally, an acceptable stay because we got a very good rate (maybe it was a new opening rate?)

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Dear manywhere,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. We were delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai.

We noted your comments regarding your experience during check in and check out. On behalf of the hotel management, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this caused. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please email us at sheikhzayed.dubai@fourpoints.com so we can address it with you directly.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Dubai.

Middlesex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

The hotel was fantastic in terms of its cleanliness; the double rooms are very spacious and comfortable, however, it could be said that the hotel was not within walking distance of any major attractions but the frequent free shuttle services do help. Also the pool and gym have ample amounts of room and the gym; despite being small it was equipped with the main fitness equipment. All staff were very helpful especially all waiting staff in the breakfast room and ‘Walter’ was never less than eager to ensure that my stay with the hotel was exceptional.
On a bad note the balcony is kept locked at all times which is disappointing considering the view is nothing short of amazing. It is understandable considering the sheer height of the building and the extremely hot temperatures. If you do book a room at the 4 points, I recommend that you also get the breakfast included in the price; it is a buffet service with a large range of food.
There are many taxis, and even more places to eat; all the names from McDonalds, Nandos, Pizza Hut, TGI Fridays and more. The location of the hotel is good; with many tall building all lit generously it can be a very enjoyable place to stay.
Room service can be slow and a free Wi-Fi service is only available in the lobby and by the pool side. Another chargeable wired internet service is available in the rooms. Overall a very comfortable stay at the hotel.

Dear kanadia,

Redwood City, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

Stayed at Four Points Sheraton and had a wonderful experience overall. Room was a Our 2-bedroom suite was huge, complete with washer-dryer, 2 and a half bathrooms and giant oversized bedrooms. The suite appeared brand new and had marvelous panoramic views of the city skyline. Concierge staff was very helpful in terms of setting up excursions for us. The only minor issue was regarding the minibar: it is worth comparing the minibar inventory on arrival with the sheet you're given. We were billed for items we had not consumed and it took multiple phone calls, a visit from a slightly skeptical room service manager, and a few more calls to the front desk till the charges were dropped.

Excellent fitness center to help work off some of that Dubai cuisine and the pub on the premises has great ambience, although the drinks are on the pricey side. In room internet is very pricey. There's free wifi in the lobby, but that wasn't an option for me since I had to check work email late at night.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
FPSheikhZayedRoad, Executive Asst. Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, responded to this review, August 4, 2009
Dear maxwells_equations,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the hotel.

I am very sorry to hear about the mini bar incidents; on behalf of the hotel staff, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. If you would like to discuss your experience directly with me, please email me at sheikhzayed.dubai@fourpoints.com.

Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai? Share your experiences!