“good hotel in dubai” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Zayed Road | near Financial Center Station, Dubai 116162, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #98 of 475 hotels in Dubai
New Delhi, India
“good hotel in dubai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

it is pretty good located and we got there avery friendly service. this "four Points" hotel does have friendly employee (all speak good english) and our standard room was cosy and the room was very clean. very modern interiour

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fiona_SZR, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi MauriceFerr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us.

It's great to hear that you found our team members to be friendly, this is truly what we strive for, and always fantastic to hear about when this has been achieved.

We hope to welcome you back again during your next trip to Dubai.

977 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The staff at this hotel were so friendly and nice, you couldn't walk past anyone without them smiling and saying hello. We arrived at 6am from an international flight and although our room wasn't ready they let us up to the mezzanine level and we had a comfy booth to sit in and they brought us complimentary tea, coffee, juice and croissants. There was no wifi access in the rooms but it worked in the lobby, mezzanine and pool deck which was fine. The rooms were clean and the spacious, the beds were huge and so comfortable. The pool deck had amazing views of sheikh Zayed road especially at nighttime. We caught cabs everywhere which were so cheap, it is in a very central spot. They have a free shuttle taking you to the malls as well so we made use of this. The metro is jus across the road so another easy method of transport for guests. Would definitely recommend this hotel for those visiting Dubai.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fiona_SZR, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Hi AL85,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review.

Sounds like you had a good visit to Dubai, and we're really happy our team were part of the reason for this.

We hope to welcome you back again during your next stop through Dubai.

Wellington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

You don't expect a poor experience at the Sheraton and this one did not disappoint. Large clean rooms, great bathroom with good shower and a great big well sprung bed. We got a really good deal too through hotels.com, which meant the cost was very competitive.
Food and alcohol are expensive, but they are everywhere in the UAE.
The staff, particularly the concierge, are charming and extremely helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi fwc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us.

We're happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that our team members were able to assist with this.

We hope that you had a nice time in Dubai and that we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff here were very helpful the rooms very spacious and comfortable after being in European hotels the breakfast was very good and it was easy cab ride to airport and the Dubai mall the only downside is the pool is small for the amount of guests and the desert safari they recommend and book for you was not very good

• Stayed May 2013
Hi robo8,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent feedback.

It's great to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and our team were part of the reason for this. We're very happy to hear that you would recommend our hotel to other properties.

I am sorry however that you were disappointed by your desert safari experience.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The rooms are well laid out spacious and comfortable. Airconditioning efficient .The bathroom is large and 4 fixture. The location is prime hence the hotel rooms are at a premium. Good selection of TV Channels. Service could be faster and the staff more proactive.

The Italian restaurant is good and the Link at Sheraton lounge and Cafe very convenient

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Seema g,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent feedback.

It's great to hear that you found our rooms were comfortable and that you enjoyed Luigi's, our Italian restaurant. I am very sorry to hear however that you felt that the service at times was not at it's best.

While we are a Four Points by Sheraton, and as such do not have a link @ Sheraton, I assume that you are referring to the Business Centre, and as such I am happy this service was convenient for you.

Appreicate your feedback.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel last month with my family. I visit Dubai at least twice a year and would always check out the tariff of this hotel online before any other hotel as I liked the location and the look of this hotel. But to my disappointment it would not be in my budget! Luckily this time I got an awesome deal of 3 nights at this hotel. Grabbed it and I was there checking in happily. The reception staff upgrade me to the Preferred Room and I became the SPG member!

The room is very nice with floor to ceiling windows offering breathtaking views of Sheikh Zayad Road. A very comfortable bed with a small sofa work desk and wardrobes and all the amenities one would want. It has all the creature comforts.The electrical socket was located in the work desk and not next to the bed. This made mobile charging a bit difficult as it is always convenient when the socket is next to the bed as you don't need to get up every time when there is a call or a text while the mobile is being charged. They did not provide the adapter as in UAE the sockets are of different points. Novotel properties always provide the adapter in the rooms of all their hotels. For the global traveller with all the gadgets the adapter becomes an important accessory as different countries have different socket points and hotels should make it a point to provide one in the rooms. Coming to the bathroom,it was spacious, health faucet was missing though. I would request the hotel management to add this as it becomes very difficult for children to manage without it.

They have a lounge bar and viewing deck at the 43rd floor which offers spectacular views of the biggest road of Dubai. The location of the hotel is very prime with the financial centre metro station within 300MTS walking distance. There are many fast food joints located next to the hotel This is very convenient as the breakfast package is very expensive. Generally in Dubai most of the hotels have a high price for breakfast inclusive rooms.

The staff are very courteous and the guest service is prompt and they call back to check if the request was honoured. This was a very personal touch.

I would recommend this hotel as its very modern new central and comfortable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fiona_SZR, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi SameerSultan,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of our hotel. It's great to hear that the hotel and our team members have been able to make this your preferred hotel in Dubai.

Regarding international adaptors, we generally do have some available to lend to our guests when required, please don't hesitate to contact guest services during your next visit should you require one.

We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon. We do have some lovely apartments available which may be more spacious should you require that.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Dear all,

I will keep my review short and as direct as possible as we all know how time consuming it is trying to find that perfect hotel.

Firstly, I would like to say how well travelled I am, and I have been lucky to visit many many countries around the world so I do know bad and good service when ever experienced and always write the most honest reviews.

HOTEL LOCATION: Location when visiting Dubai is the most important I feel hence why I have started with this. Dubai itself can be expensive especially when wanting to do all the tourist attractions and wanting to get amongst the luxurious restaurants and the hot spots. Jumeriah itself is absolutely beautiful but £1700+ Hotels are charging is outrageous for a 6 night stay. Four points is only a 10 minute taxi ride (20 - 30 Dirhams £5 - 8 GBP Max) which can get you exactly where you want to be in Jumeriah, Beaches, Hotels etc

Sheikh Zayed Road is the MAIN road in Dubai, Its perfect for anyone who is wanting to visit Dubai wanting a hotel with a luxury, exclusive vibe too it, but within a specific price range, this is exactly what Four Points offers, its not ridiculously busy, there's always plenty of staff on hand and its right bang in the middle of Dubai. The Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa and Water Fountains is 5 minutes away, with the Metro across the road should you wish to choose that over a taxi. Jumeriah beach as said above is a 10-15 minute taxi ride where you have the Beach, 6* Hotels and the Marina for evening restaurants, spectacular views and many Shisha Bars and Shops! :)

You have a Nando's, KFC, Applebee's, 4+ Mini markets RIGHT outside the hotel selling EVERYTHING you could want VERY cheap i.e. Ice Lollies, Crisps, Cold Drinks etc I found this very handy, me and my husband would visit every other day and stock up on cans of drink and snacks etc for around the pool area - Much cheaper! Then heading the opposite direction you can visit Karama Market which has the BEST designer shops etc you will ever browse at VERY low prices the complete opposite from what you would pay in the mall's. From the airport pay no more than 50 Dirhams, we paid 50 going and only 30 going back this all depends on traffic however many taxi's outside the airport will be charging 110 dirhams which is an absolute rip off, ignore them and grab a street cab.

RECEPTION: Arrival and Check out were perfect. Thomas on the desk was very professional and very helpful. I have no idea why others on here are writing such bad reviews about the reception staff, the porters and security were so friendly each morning and couldn't do enough for us. The hotel does give Free Wifi which was Amazing to speak to family back over in the UK. I did read before flying out that the Wifi was slow? I had no problem whatsoever myhusband and myself both have iPhone's and our Wifi was VERY quick. I have a feeling people who wrote this, clearly didn't contact properly as emails and browsing the internet would load within seconds. Wifi is only free in the public area's i.e. Lobby, Pool etc In the room you would have to pay and we didn't so unfortunately I cant comment.

ROOM: Our room was lovely! We stayed on the 9th floor and had the most stunning view of Sheikh Zayed Road. The balcony door was locked at all times and I am unsure why, I can only guess for safety reasons. It didn't bother me, as being out in the sunshine all day to then open my balcony door would only delay the air conditioning. House keeping would always clean up way more than expected. They would even fold and place our clothes neatly away for us. Clean towels and plenty of them every single day. The hotel does provide water free of charge which was a great help and every day without fail there would be 2 bottles waiting for us.

POOL AREA: I have to admit this was the ONLY worry I had about the hotel when I booked it. The photos do the pool area no justice at all. I kept thinking to myself how can a hotel of such size and many guests have such a small pool area. This proved me wrong, when arriving the pool isn't massive I am not claiming this however there are PLENTY sun loungers and I must add very comfortable ones at that. The pool area is actually called the Roof top and it goes round the whole building so even if you wasn't lucky enough to get a bed around the adult and children's pool, do not panic there's plenty of space where you can grab one :) The pool itself is actually wonderful, its very exclusive because its surprisingly never that busy up there! LOL! Very hard to imagine but it really isn't. Its very peaceful, very quiet and you get the perfect breeze when sunbathing, no need to bring towels they provide you with them each morning.

FOOD: Food unfortunately is something I am unable to comment on as I booked restaurants for Dinner each night on recommendation before flying from the UK. I wanted to experience Michelin Star restaurants that people always rave about when visiting Dubai and this I can promise you didn't let me down but expect a large bill at the end - But hey your on holiday! The food was so delicious and we tried everything from Lebanese, to Seafood, Italian, Japanese, these were all different restaurants in the famous hotels in Dubai.

The breakfast I felt was very expensive at Four Points (95 Dirhams per person - Roughly £26-28 per person GBP) I suggest you visit ''Coco's'' that serve all day breakfast which is literally a 10minute walk, turn left out of the hotel and walk down and you cant miss it. Breakfast each morning for 2 people was (109 Dirhams - £18GBP with drinks) They have a good choice of food on the Menu, full English breakfast, Eggs Benedict, Pancakes, etc with Yummy cakes/Muffins on display which you can always take out and nibble on at lunch!!!

BAR: The Hotel bar was buzzing every night at the hotel. On the roof top it gives amazing breath taking views of the city. You are able to sit at the bar, comfortable sofa's with tables and big fancy cushions or just on a bar stool and table quietly out of the way the choice is yours. The drinks for Cocktails were 65-85 Dirhams (£12-£16 GBP) and a beer was 48 Dirhams £9 GBP. Some might say the above is expensive, I do agree however people need to remember this is Dubai and you are bang in the middle of a vibrant city. The prices for drinks are exactly the same in London so this was no shock to me and didn't put me off at all. What did put me off was that they charge 17 dirhams £3-£3.50 for a Coco Cola when in the shop 2 minutes down the road it would be 1.80 dirhams! 40pence hence why I refused to pay this in the day time as it would start getting ridiculously expensive.

HOTEL OFFERS: The Hotel offers Free Wifi as said above but also offers Free Shuttle busses to and from the Jumeriah Beach, The Dubai Outlet Mall and the Mall of Emirates, good times also. The beach only offers 2 drop off's in the mornings and only 1 pick up at 1.30pm, you think that's early but I promise you by 1.30 you will be pleased leaving the beach due to temperature.

BEACH/THINGS TO DO: The public beach is must to see. Wonderful sands, clear blue sea, plenty of space to choose where you'd like to sunbathe however I do feel there is more work needed on the beach, the only reason I say this, is because there's only ONE Beach bar/restaurant. I feel they could offer more and maybe in time to come they might do. Some are probably thinking well like what, I am unsure to be honest! LOL! But you will see there isn't much else there, for instance if the sun all of a sudden go to hot and you wanted to go and sit out of it, you couldn't, apart from the small beach bar that's available and you can imagine its gets very busy. There is a small charge 3 Dirhams per person and there is a charge for a sun lounger I think it was 8 Dirhams each. Its worth a visit but its not a got a patch on the beaches at the Atlantis which we were lucky enough to visit and sunbathe there, other than that the pool area was great for us! :)

Would I visit again? YES
Was I pleased with my stay? YES
Would I recommend? Absolutely!

If your vising to Dubai to just sun bathe this hotel wont be for you, head to hotels on Jumeriah Beach however if your visiting Dubai to site see, embrace the culture, make happy memories, relax and basically have a mixture then book Four Points, do your research and you will be absolutely fine! :)

Room Tip: Non smoking room.