“Best place i've stayed!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Half Board Offer
Ranked #51 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Loughton, United Kingdom
“Best place i've stayed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in 2010 and have since been to the Jumeriah beach hotel in 2013.

Firstly the food at the Atlantis is heavenly. I couldn't have thought of any cuisine or religion that they didn't cater for. It would have been quite pricey if I hadn't have gone with Virgin holidays with a half board package, well worth the money! The breakfast was especially satisfying and my favourite place for morning food was the saffron restaurant where there was a range of pastries, fried breakfast and even a chocolate fountain for kids! The only criticism i had for the food was a burnt pizza at the italian restaurant near Rostang which I can't remember the name of. There was a wide range of restaurants but not a range as big as Jumeriah beach where you could get a buggy for a short ride to the Jumeriah madinat for even more restaurants than the hotel already had to offer, superb!

The room at the atlantis was very pleasant, we had English channels on the tv and the room itself was immaculate and modern. I couldn't fault the staff either they were always there to give a hand when needed.
The pools were lovely and cool- just what you need in the August heat of 43 degrees, but the beach was not, there was no breeze and no waves either. The sea was like a bath but these are things that cannot be helped- mother nature I'm afraid!

I had a wonderful stay (14 nights) and will definitely be returning!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and it is rewarding to read of your appreciation to our resort facilities, hotel room and restaurants.

Furthermore, I have taken note of your comment regarding your dining experience at Ronda Locatelli and had passed this on to the concerned head of department. Please be assured that this is not reflective of our usual high standards.

We thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you again at Atlantis The Palm.

President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,005)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Positives - Great room service menu, nice views, good service overall. It is a better choice for families with kids , rather than couples. We stayed for 6 nights in February. Access to the beach is fantastic and great choice of restaraunts to choose. It isn't central so you'll have to take a taxi to get out of the palm, but there is a monorail and lots of free shuttles to the malls. The breakfast buffet was plenty and catered to all major tourist groups. Our neighboring room was noisy, when I called the hotel, they promptly took action and followed up to resolve the situation.The spa is excellent as well. What I cannot believe, however, is for the price we paid, we had no wifi. Wifi was ridiculously expensive, and we ended up going to the starbucks once a day to get coffee and check email.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up if you have the chance.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read of your positive comments regarding our resort facilities, choices of restaurants, Shuiqi Spa and services rendered by our colleagues. Also, I am glad to know that our team was able to assist you in resolving the noise heard in your room that was coming from a neighboring guest.

With regards to our internet pricing, I sincerely regret if we did not meet your expectation. In addition, we have different tier of our internet connection for a smoother connection and also, a free internet connection is available for all our Imperial Club and Suite guests.

We thank you once more for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel cares about nothing other than money money money. My family and i had booked for a 4 night stay at Atlantis however 2 days before our travel my 4month old daughter got sick and we couldnt travel. As per their request we cancelled ahead of time and even went as far as to send them a copy of my daughters medical condition from the doctor. Offcourse Atlantis threw anything hotels was built on and simply refused any kind of refund refused even giving us credit or simply give us options . Why would they care they got the money from us and that is all that matters to them. Plus may i add that it took 2 weeks for them to get back to us and say they will not refund.. By the way Atlantis... Hospitality, Customer service, and eceeding expectations is not something that starts when a customer walks in the door and ends when the customer walks out. Shame on you

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Allow me to sincerely apologise for having given you cause to share your concerns on TripAdvisor.

My team has sent a private message to you and we will be grateful for your reply so that we can investigate your concerns. There is indeed a cancellation policy for our room bookings but please be assured that it is never our intention to treat our guests differently and what you have described is not reflective of the high standards of service that we uphold.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed in a standard room in this hotel. The resort was great. The close access to the Waterpark is a plus if you are travelling with kids. This resort is not close to any main attractions though - if your happy to chill out with the family then this is the place to stay. I would advise to stay in the actual city for a few days also

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your positive comments on our Aquaventure and resort facilities.

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We (me, my wife, and our 7 month son) stayed for 9 nights and had a wonderful time (flying Virgin). The food is great and so to is the selection, so many options! The staff were very courteous we one exception. The lady who took care of our check in was a real let down. We had arrived on an overnight flight, after not sleeping and with our tied (grumpy at this point) baby and was looking forward to freshening up. We checked in at about 10am and was told the room would not be ready until 3pm! We asked whether there was a bar where would could go and get some drinks and freshen up and was told there wasn't any air conditioned bars in the hotel! We then asked if there was somewhere to purchase water but was told we would have to get a taxi to the shops. All of these statements were incorrect as we found the restaurant and went and had breakfast and we were able to buy the water. Sadly that individual let the start of the holiday down.

The water park is excellent; we took it in turns to go on the rides whilst looking after the baby. Both the hotel and the water park had baby pools. The number of security staff and life guards is amazing all over the resort.

Jacky in the Shore restaurant was fantastic and made a lot of fuss over our son.

We would recommend asking for two mattresses for the cot, one is too thin and the baby sinks into it!

We highly recommend this hotel, well worth the money and would recommend the half board option.

Room Tip: We didn't pay the extra for either Ocean or Palm view, but had a fantastic room looking over the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis, The Palm.

I am very happy to read you and your family had a great stay with us. Your positive comments on the services that our colleagues had rendered during your stay is highly appreciated. I will not miss to share your feedback to our colleagues for them to continually deliver in giving the best experience to our guests during their stay with us.

Regarding the interaction you had with my colleague during your check-in, allow me to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. This is indeed not reflective of the high standard of service that we uphold and I wish to assure you that a thorough review will be conducted. Nonetheless, our standard check-in timing starts from 3:00 p.m. onwards but nonetheless, we do try our best to provide early check-in. However, this is always subject to availability of rooms.

Once again, we thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcome you back at Atlantis, The Palm.

Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Atlantis. We booked with Best at Travel (very pleased with all their assistance) and flew with KLM via Schipol from Glasgow outgoing and return, excellent.

If you are travelling with small children (we have two boys 6 & 4) then we would strongly recommend paying for the Marhaba meet and greet service at Dubai airport, for 80 quid they whisk you through a quicker immigration lane and get all your luggage to the car. (Be aware the immigration lines could take up to 2hrs and it was a friend resident in Dubai who suggested this - really stress free!!)

The hotel in our view was genuinely faultless. We were delighted with all aspects of the holiday, the checkin was welcoming and efficient (hint: if you sign up as a Emirates Skywards member ahead of checking in, you get free internet for your stay and also 15% off all bills/activities etc).

The room was excellent and the everyday we were spoiled by, Benny who looked after us in Room 2415 (from Monday 31st March through to Saturday 5th of April 2014). He was fantastic, the room was immaculate, he never stopped smiling and once he got to know us he made up some little towel decorations to surprise the boys each day after breakfast - to Atlantis Management, this guy is wasted in housekeeping, seriously able for a bigger customer facing role.

Really there is so much to say about the quality of the grounds, the variety of restaurant experience, the amazing staff who are so friendly and welcoming to kids and families (we have been to other places with 5 star family rating and we have felt a little stressed that the kids were a problem at points) NOT ONCE AT THE ATLANTIS - BRILLIANT, felt so looked after and great to see the kids being talked to by everyone.

So some findings from us:

1. Safron Restaurant: Excellent food and staff, it is a buffet style service and is one of the places included in half board. The buffet selection is enormous, for us we preferred some of the table service options.
2. Nassimi Beach: This place was our favourite and Abdel and his team (Sree) create a really family friendly atmosphere which we appreciated. Food is table service with a wide fusion ? style, excellent. It is also situated away from the main hotel and we found it to be quieter than some of the in hotel located restaurants, it is also close to the beach chill out area and there is nice chilled out music playing and boys were free to move away from the table without causing problem to any other diners.
3. The Brasserie: Big Thanks to Masaf who looked after us here for dinner and also kindly pointed out that on Saturdays, they use the brasserie as a breakfast location, which again is worth it for a change and a seat out in the terraced lawn area is really nice.
4. Dolphin Experience: We did the Dolphin Encounter pack, all four of us and having also done this myself in Florida previously. Atlantis was better, staff were so friendly, we got loads of time as a group (book early morning 0930 slot, as groups seem to be slightly smaller), staff answered every question and made it so much more in terms of learning about the animal rather than it just being patting a dolphin.
5. Chambers Aquarium Snorkel experience: Took our oldest on this. Was fun, you basically snorkel across the top of the hotel aquarium and it is really special looking down into the tank. We really enjoyed it. One tip, if the child hasn't snorkelled before, ask for the snorkel the day before and give them the chance to practice in the swimming pools.
6. Water Park: Great fun and incredible in terms of scale. Our tip is head to the far away end sunbathers near the Dolphin side, as its quieter and easy access to the lazy river - only negative is that you are away from the childs water park pirate ship.

We were disapointed on departure that the Head Guy at the porter desk, Shahid was so rude. Quite clear he regards himself as a very important person and the service culture that permeates everything and everyone else is clearly lost on him. Very poor performer in a staff of AAAA**** people.

Anyway, thats it, great place, expect to spend a bit whilst there, thank you to all, especially those mentioned - WE WILL BE BACK.

THANK YOU!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis, The Palm.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. Also, It is truly rewarding to read that our colleagues Benny, Masaf, Louie, Abdel and Sree made sure that your stay was an enjoyable one. Please be assured that we will share your comments with the mentioned colleagues, in order to motivate them to continue to blow away our customers.

Furthermore, I am concerned to read that the interaction you had with our colleague at Port Cochere was not to your expectations. I wish to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. This is indeed not reflective of the high standard of service that we uphold and I wish to assure you that a thorough review will be conducted. I would like to assure you that your comments have already been shared with the concerned department for their immediate action.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I am attending Atlantis the Palm with my girlfriend in June and have had a number of queries prior to our visit which I have raised with the hotel via email. The staff at the hotel have replied punctually and professionally answering all my questions. Due to this I am looking forward to my holiday and the service I shall receive.

This is our first time to Dubai so can anyone recommend any must do's whilst we are there? Thank you.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read of your positive comments regarding the assistance that our colleagues had rendered for your pre-arrival needs. I will certainly would not miss to congratulate the team for a job well done.

I truly hope that you and your girlfriend enjoys your stay in Atlantis, The Palm this coming June.

President and Managing Director

Been to Atlantis, The Palm? Share your experiences!