Having got a small discount on 2 rooms using Agoda.com, my weary family of 4 arrived at about 9.00pm. We were met with a convertible Bugatti Veyron parked outside , and with great service on arrival, which continued throughout our stay - staff attitude was the best part of our brief (60 hour) stay.
So, at check-in, the kind man offers me an upgrade to the Imperial Club for USD 130 per room per night. "Sir, this includes breakfast, and snacks throughout the day, and free WiFi, and a sauna, and, and..."
The cost of breakfast alone was about USD 40 per person.
"Sir, its really good value"
This guy was slick - man, I would have bought a Lamborghini from him if he offered.
So I upgraded...
Before upgrading, they had hit me with an Internet charge of USD 27 for the first night, which I picked up and reversed on check-out.
Great, extensive buffet breakfasts (save bitter coffee full of chicory), spa access, and sushi, hot snacks, and free booze from 6 to 8 at night make the Imperial Club option a no-brainer.
Its not cheap, but a lot cheaper than the option of paying individually for these add-ons ( at USD11 per beer or juice).
The hotel really knows how to charge up - I mean, USD 1300 bed only per night, without food or internet ? Come on - whose fooling who ?
That's why you go for the club option.
Oh, and if you check out early you can get a free early bird breakfast from room service before 07h00 on your Imperial Club membership :-)
Only that they don't advertise this bonus anywhere, and only tell you about it at the check out at 06h50.. :-(
So, in summary :
1) Great staff
2) Imperial Club recommended
3) Not cheap nor good value (nor is Dubai ).
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis, The Palm Hotel
- Atlantis, The Palm Hotel Dubai
- Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- Atlantis The Palm Hotel Dubai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantis is the majestic resort in Dubai situated on The Palm, a man-made island that has captured the world’s imagination with its magnificent scale and ingenuity.From the moment you arrive, you will be immersed in a dazzling world of imagination, pleasure and 5 star luxury. The resort offers relaxation and thrills for couples and families alike, including a landmark hotel, unique marine habitats, an exhilarating water park, pristine white beaches, world-class cuisine, indulgent spa and cosmopolitan boutiques. To stay or visit is to live out your dreams amidst warm Arabian seas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Atlantis, The Palm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.