“A real family hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Beijing
“A real family hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

As I say in my title, it really feels like an awesome family hotel. There's lots of young couples with their children.
I can recommend the imperial (emperor?) club upgrade, that allows you access to the lounge, where you can get some free drinks and food.
Overall, the stay was very nice, the people were friendly and the room was good. The hotel is really impressive, and you get the feeling you have too little time to get to see it all.
We went to the aquarium and the nearby water park (if you're a guest you get free access to both) and had an awesome time. Both attractions are really awesome!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that your stay with us was a wonderful one and that you enjoyed the Imperial Club lounge.

With the vast array of activities, lush grounds, our own waterpark, aquarium and dolphin bay, not to forget over 20 restaurants and bars, I can only agree with your statement that it does require more time to see the overall Atlantis, The Palm. Moreover, you can be assured that we continually innovate on our products and services to ensure that we consistently meet the expectations of our guests.

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcome you in a not too distant future.

Best regards,

Serge Zaalof
President and Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,005)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We choose the The Palm Atlantis for a family holiday in Oct 2013 and we cannot wait to go back. We had an amazing welcome from the staff which continued throughout the duration of our stay! The hotel is immaculate, we were half board and had around 10 restaurants to choose from for dinner (I highly recommend the Italian) and they run a free shuttle bus service into the city on a regular basis.
The waterpark is fabulous, definitely something for everyone with food outlets dotted around at convenient intervals, including juice bars, freshly cut fruit, popcorn, ice creams and restaurants offering a variety of options (fast food and healthy options).
We swam with Dolphins at the park which was an amazing experience and very well run and also snorkelled in the huge hotel aquarium.
This holiday was slightly more expensive then what we usually go for but completely value for money! Holiday of a lifetime!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the park rather then the sea have a more interesting view! Also if you are an Emir...
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just returned after spending 6 days at the Atlantis Dubai. It lived up to our expectations and I could not fault the service. Check in was swift and polite, they changed our room from French balcony to a balcony room without any fuss. The breakfast options are great, from the very busy International and Saffron buffets to the much quieter Rostang, we tried them all. Travelling with a 10 year old the waterpark was fantastic, the best I've visited, admittedly sunbeds were a bit hard to find as we didn't get there until nearly 12noon most days, and it as half-term but you could get them. Tip: We took large plastic sports drinks bottles and filled with Ice and water from rooms and also took fruit from rooms and breakfast for snacks.
Without exception every member of staff was polite, friendly and helpful. We only used one restaurant in the evening the international buffet on our last night which was excellent as we did The Desert Safari with Travco (very good) and other trips to The Dubai Mall Burj Khalid , Dhow Dinner Cruise on other nights. All in all a great hotel and experience especially for children with the water park.

Room Tip: Palm View to enjoy the Dubai Skyline
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have family who have their own property on the Palm and I was here on this occassion for a working holiday. I visited the Atlantis with my niece and her two children as this was a thank you to me personally. The food is something I have never experienced before as been of the highest standard. I had a Australian black steak of which I have never tasted quality of this standard. To say it was superb does not do it justice. This is world class food served at it's finest and is something I will never forget

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Atlantis was still as I remember it too be, we had a family holiday with friends and the children were never out of the pool, sea or water park.
We stayed half board and also had imperial club. The food was outstanding with the staff being so friendly, we stayed on the 14th floor which was for Imperial club guests, the room was very nice although we had an adjoining door and the people next door were heavy smokers and through the day and night smoke came through the door to the point that 1 night we could not sleep, I complained and the hotel said they would have a word with the people next door but never did as we found out it was a smoking room so I asked the head of house keeping why they had put us next to this room and he did not know. On the 3rd day of this happening I told them if I smell it again I will be packing my bags and leaving, as I came back from the pool they had put tape all around the edges of the door and a towel at the bottom of it.
I only wish they had completed this on the 1st day as it did spoil our first 3 days.

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them that you require a non smoking room
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel was very crowded and claustrophobic but the service was very good. I also loved swimming with the dolphins, the aquarium and the rides in Aquaventure . That is why I'm rating it average. I'm going with 3.5/5 for Atlantis, The Palm

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

A short stopover in Dubai for the purposes of getting a visa to our next destination ended up being one of the best vacation experiences. Thanks to our friends who work in Dubai we were able to get a 3 night 4 day package for a kill price which was then updated to the premium class. Atlantis sometimes does this to family travelers who come in non-season period (we were there in hot July) and if you are Emirates frequent flyer. Our 3 and 5 year old spend morning and evenings in the beach, water park, and in the pool. During the hot time of the day there was plenty to explore inside the hotel: giant aquarium with countless number of marine life, indoor playground for kids of all ages. And the food was awesome too! From sushi to buffets offering you tastes from around the world. I look forward to taking my family there again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Atlantis, The Palm? Share your experiences!