Wewere two adults and 1 child, and all of us loved the hotel. Impeccable service, staff attitude, cleanliness of all facilities and areas are unmatchable in Dubai - and we know we are talking about, since we have stayed only in luxurious hotels in Dubai.
Airport transfer is about 30-45 minutes depending on the traffic, and generally, it is about 15-20 inputs ride from she hotel before you reach the shopping malls or downtown.
Check-in was easy and very courteous. All our questions were answered with smile and sincere welcome.
We had a palm beach deluxe room int the West Tower, which overlooked the Palm, Dubai scrappers, and Burj Khalifa. There were two queen beds, which was ideal for us. the room was bigger than the standard by Dubai standards. Very clean, fresh, made up twice a day. The housekeeping was perfect. All our requests were dealt with promptly and fully. The only negative was lack of a proper balcony - we had a French balcony, which was just enough for one person standing, no chair or coffee table. We were told a normal balcony was only in the rooms with a king bed.
Beach area was excellent with lots of green around, unlimited towels and sunbeds. The temperature was just perfect - around 32 C, and sea was about 22 C. However, the shore and sea feel very artificial, which is the case.
The property is huge, so it has a downside - crowds of people, day and night time, hotel guests as well as outsiders visitors, who come to the restaurants and just see the hotel. The front office is always very busy, and you can see long queues of people - this should definitely be addressed since wait time could be very long.
basically, one could stay in the hotel without having to go anywhere else. All the entertainment, restaurants, even starbucks are in the property.
Aquaventue water park (free for hotel guests) is 10 min slow walk, but frequent buggy cars cruise between the beach and the waterpark, so you never wait for more than 2 minutes to hop on in either direction. On the weekend (Friday and Saturday ) the waterpark gets very crowded, so lines to most popular slides can be up to 30 minutes. We found it empty in the morning when it opens at 10 am. Also, the waterpark is designed mostly for children, so you do not have slides as thrilling as in Wild Wadi in Jumeirah Beach hotel.
Dolphin Bay is an unforgettable experience - our 6 y.o. Daughter loved it. Highly recommended for children, even though 70% of visitors were adults. The price for the visit Is rather steep and varies depending on type of encounter. The minimum spend is about 300 usd per person if stay in the hotel. But for us it was worth it, considering the uniqueness of the experience.
Breakfast was just ok. If you come between 10 and 11 you will certainly hit the long line waiting to be seated. But it is never more than 5-10 minutes before you will get a table. We often opted for an outdoor table, because we hate the noise and hustle of buffets. The service was great, tea/coffee was delivered quickly. The selection was very big. But here, I should mention the biggest, IMHO, negative in the hotel - the quality of the food. We ate in most of the restaurants on the property (there are about dozen ones) and although the portions are big, we never liked the quality of the food. It was not bad, it was simply tasteless. Probably it is the consequence of cooking for too many people.
Of course, the biggest asset of the hotel is the staff - I have not seen such a positive welcoming attitude anywhere in Dubai, which is notorious for great service. You do feel very special wherever you go - public areas, restaurants, water park, and everywhere else.
All in all, it is number 1 family resort in UAE and may be in the entire Middle East.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis, The Palm Hotel
- Atlantis, The Palm Hotel Dubai
- Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- Atlantis The Palm Hotel Dubai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantis is the majestic focal point of Palm Jumeirah, a man-made island that has captured the world’s imagination with its magnificent scale and ingenuity. From the moment of arrival, you’re immersed in a dazzling world of imagination, pleasure and luxury. The resort offers relaxation and thrills for couples and families alike, including a landmark hotel, unique marine habitats, an exhilarating water park, pristine white beaches, world-class cuisine, indulgent spa and cosmopolitan boutiques. To stay or visit is to live out your dreams amidst warm Arabian seas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Olotels, AsiaRooms, Splendia, Amex, EasyToBook, Otel, Priceline, Expedia, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Atlantis, The Palm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.