“I love this place everytime!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Half Board Offer
Ranked #51 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Boise, Idaho
“I love this place everytime!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

So I have stayed here before. I love this place! Although there are a million people. The place is so so so relaxing. I LOVE the smell of the hotel. It just smells so nice. Like the whole place smells like a spa. The SPA rocks BTW. Aquaventure rocks! There is a chinese or "asian" place near the aquaventure entrance that is awesome. I loved loved loved Kalidiscope! I love this place!. I know, I am not being helpful.

The only thing that stunk was on arrival they lost my reservation and they had to create a new one for me. My old reservation was labled as a no show and I got an email saying they were going to charge me for a full night no show. But they corrected it. No foul, just some phone and email time.

TIP: You can request to do a latecheck out at 4PM for an extra 150dhms. I was only staying one night do to expense, so this was a godsend. I got to do extra stuff, that was really nice!

Room Tip: Ask for late checkout to 4PM and it's 150 dhms. Like 50 bucks. NICE!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,005)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Revisited Atlantis again for 4 days in September. Had been there already in Feburary this year. Another great time was had. Booked an Imperial Club Room, we were on the 13th floor with a balcony. All rooms in Atlantis have a sea view. Customer service in the Club Lounge on the 12th floor is fantastic. Water park is great fun, but Friday's are really busy and if you don't get there early you might struggle to find a sunbed. Ate in a few of the restaurants at Atlantis. Seafire, steakhouse, which was excellent. Ronda Locatelli, lovely italian. Saffron - Tuesday night is seafood night and a buffet, again excellent. Highlight was excellent food on the last night at Asian Cuisine, a small cafe type restaurant. Outstanding food and very reasonably priced. Went on a helicopter ride from Atlantis which was also excellent.

Bodenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Bit of a delayed review. Actually stayed in August 2010. They made me feel so welcome and were very friendly considering I was on my own.

The water park was my best feature. It was a good laugh and very fun! No queues in the middle of August because it is very hot.

Warning if you go in August take plenty of sun cream. Everything was clean and up to scratch - room was amazing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We got a pretty good deal for this at only £120 a head a night for half board!! but for a one off it was worth the money and we did 4 nights in a more reasonably priced hotel in Deira before moving here for 4 nights. Rooms are very very good - our only niggle was the interconnecting door - the first room had a screaming baby next door so we asked to be moved - which they had no problem with but after saying we wanted a room with no interconnecting door we still ended up with one. Other than that had a great experience, everything is so clean, staff and facilities went above and beyond expectations. The food was fantastic in both the buffet restaurants - Kelidescope being the more basic of the two, the food in Saffron was just spectacular (not sure how the last reviewer came to the conclusion it was poor - Maryland must produce Michelin star food i guess), It was just a shame some people feel its ok to turn up to dinner in beach shorts and plastic flip flops. Only bad food experience was TBJ - avoid it, its the cheapest place to eat but it is pretty bad quality - you can hop a cab to the mainland and go to a chain restaurant for less money than 2 burgers and fries will cost in TBJ and it will be a lot nicer.
The only downsides are the cost of drinks (which is old news), and the amount of kids, I tend to avoid hotels that are like holiday camps with lots of children (it reminded me of an expensive version of Alton towers at times) there must be a lot of rich parents out there. Not much to do in the evening unless you want to spend a fortune in the bar which was a shame, but the taxis are very cheap or you can take a free shuttle to one of the malls.. and go skiing or something! Taxi to the airport was 70 dir, so from the airport would be about 90 dir. If you want to save some money you can get a cab to the nearest metro station which would cost about 20dir and then get the metro straight to the airport but i dont think many people who pay to go to Atlantis are saving the pennies!
This hotel is what it is - an expensive iconic novelty - be honest you are going there because its 'Atlantis the Palm' and you can go home and tell your friends thats where you stayed - if you are looking for more than that then go to one of the thousands of other 5 star beach front hotels that cost a fortune in the world. I wouldnt go back but i am so pleased i am able to look back and say 'been there, done that'!

Room Tip: Ask for no interconnecting door
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed Atlantis only 3 nights and I hope I could come back in the future.
Recommend people to pay extra for Imperial Club because you dont need to wait as u're priority and it's also included several complimentaries.
We booked a room with palm view, however, we can only see a part of resort (waterpark) and a part of the palm. I thought I could see the whole island as it's appeared in picture. Overall, it is still beautiful location.
Staffs were very polite, helpful and friendly as well. The room itself was clean and tidy but quite simple (compare to other luxury resorts).
At the resort, I had many choices for breakfast (as a member of Imperial Club, breakfast is complimentary) - many different cuisines in the world, but the quality of food was just average. Fast-food is quite pricey. For dinner, we tried out Nobu (Japanese cuisine) and it was so delicious (we paid nearly 400 dirhams for the meal). After that, we also went for shi-sha (70-80dirhams) and cocktails (60-80 each).
I love the aquarium and waterpark ... at this resort , you will never feel bored.
If you want, you can book a tour to desert in the lobby (Arabic Adventure). It's very exciting and interesting ... riding camel, shi-sha and BBQ dinner in desert. However, going inside desert by car is quite dangerous (I myself feel so scared ). Overall, you should try it ;).
The last day at Dubai, we went to Dubai Mall and at 6pm, we enjoyed the stunning sunset with fountain and music...

Tip: buy some drinks at duty free in Dubai airport such as soft drinks or alcohol.. just in case you want to drink smt in the room and u dont need to use their bar.

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Atlantis the Palm has long been on the list of places we have wanted to visit. So, this year, we decided to take the plunge.

We reserved our room online. The Internet site is fairly painless and straightforward. We booked an "Imperial Club" room with Twin Queen beds. A week after booking, we received an email from Atlantis for all of our particulars: Would you like a newspaper? Would you like airport transportation? Would you like this, that or the other? It was a nice touch.

I reserved airport transportation. Or, at least I thought I did. After clearing Customs at Dubai Intl, and exiting the terminal, I looked around and...no Hotel bus or van. My wife asked, "I thought they were going to pick us up?" I thought so as well. Instead of hanging around and complaining about it, we opted for a cab. 60 Dirhams later, we're at the Atlantis.

It is a HUGE building. We arrived at night and the drive up was very imposing. Flood lights, lit fountains, etc. The building is tastefully colored in Tropical Pink with a touch of Arabic design. Walk inside the HUGE lobby and you're greeted by an enormous glass scuplture that seems to climb toward the ceiling. Interesting. And PEOPLE EVERYWHERE! What seemed like hundreds of people walking in all directions. The noise of conversation was a bit overwhelming. If you're coming here for privacy...forget it. This is a resort...not a hideaway.

We were met by a very efficient bellman, who escorted us over to the Imperial Club check-in. Their "lobby" had a mansion feel to it -- heavy furnishings, large desks, tapestries on the wll, and staff dressed in Indian semi-formalware. A quick check-in, and we're headed upstairs to the 12th floor. Our bellman gave us the grand tour -- showed us the Imperial Club with free breakfast and tea time and snacks, and once inside the room, he pointed out all of the "Features & Benefits". Don't forget Happy Hour between 6-8pm. The Cosmopolitans are not that bad...

Our room was what we asked for -- twin queens, large bathroom, large bathtub, and a walk-in shower with a rainfall shower head. Nice! Plenty of room. And, quiet. We could not hear anything once the door was closed. The beds were a bit soft, but comfortable. Plenty of towels in the bathroom. We had even forgot to bring a hairbrush and toothpaste. The staff brought us the items almost as soon as we called. Atlantis doesn't use those annoying "Privacy Please" door hangars. Instead, it's electronic. Push a button on the wall just inside the door, and a "Do not Disturb" sign lights up outside.

After dumping the bags, we went exploring. The centerpiece of the hotel itself is an aquarium that has to be 500,000 gal+ with plenty of rays, skates, sharks, groupers, etc. We even watched a group of divers in the tank attempting to hang a wedding celebration banner. They hung it upside down and didn't realize it until after they got out of the tank. LOL! Wandering around, we found a lot of high-end stores selling overly-priced jewelry and clothing. Want a simple Starbucks? Forget it. Not inside. You have to go out into the waterpark to find one. Inside the hotel, it's all Ritzy coffee shops.

Oh, did I mention people? We arrived on the weekend and barely had enough room to walk down the hallways! And, at night, the groupies dress the part -- elegant and sheer with jewels and haircuts to match. I felt out of place in blue jeans and a T-shirt.

Through it all, there was the staff -- helpful, courteous, polite, etc. They really make the place shine. The waterpark is a waterpark. Not much you can say there. We went to the Dolphin Bay and played with the Dolphins. Great fun and educational.

My one complaint: The food. It sucked. Our booking included a free breakfast. Since we had 2 young kids with us, going to any nice place to eat was out of the question. We had to settle for the buffets. LOUSY. Plenty of food, yes. But, quality wise? NOPE. They are feeding a lot of people. (I did mention the people, didn't I?) So, they have to go quantity over quality. And, sadly, it shows. I was happy to actually go into Dubai City just to get something decent to eat. Atlantis is a place where you won't starve. But, you won't walk away saying, "That was the best meal I've had in a while." Don't expect 5-star food here. Walk in expecting "Days Inn" or "Holiday Inn Express" and you won't be dissappointed.

On the whole, we enjoyed our stay. My wife wants to come back, and I think we will maybe in a year's time. When we do visit again, we will bring someone to entertain the kids. Maybe then, the food won't be an issue.

I give the place 4-stars based upon the staff. They really treated us well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Midland Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a very serious first class hotel, where the service and standards are second to none. The hotel stands majestically at the top of the palm island and can be seen for miles.
The standards of the rooms are first class with all the facilities you require including fridges tea making facilities iron and board FREE internet shower gels soaps …. In fact everything you need Just bring our toothbrush and comb!!
Rooms are cleaned every day and the beds are also changed daily , ice is put in your ice bucket each night and there is free water ( in bottles ) for you every day or free hot drinks in the cabinet
The views are fantastic and the food is the best I have ever experienced especially in the Saffron restaurant where there is food from all corners of the world at a very high standard
Don’t worry about formality , this is also a hotel for families and children ….especially those who want to enjoy the huge 45 acre water park with its dolphins fish and the underwater world of Atlantis
The spa is a marvel to see and enjoy , yes it’s a little pricey but for a 2.5hour massage for £146 I thought was good value …. However the big problem is the sales for recommended products after the experience as they are very very expensive … Its not pressure sales so its easy to say no , just make a note of the suggested product and buy it from QVC at at least 150% less than their costs.
Drinks are chargeable at the evening meals even for water so if you are on a budget be aware saying this considering internet is free, courtesy transport is free (and some of the trips are far) and the service you get is second to none . I don’t think this is unreasonable
In all one of the best holidays we have ever had and would rate this as being a SIX star hotel and well worth a stay here just for the experience
We travelled with Emirates and booked through travel bag , but you may find others that offer deals
Be aware it can be hot we were there in September and it was 44 degrees and had we had gone earlier it reached a staggering 56 … Obviously the hotel and the rooms are air conditioned as well as transport shopping malls and taxis etch . and I didn’t have an issue moving around . It’s a very safe city as well so don’t worry if you get lost a bit you will be ok and easy find a taxi ( and its very cheap) to get you back If you want it cooler than travel Nov Dec or early in the year when it drops to a pleasant 26 ( so we were told)
This was a special occasion as it was my birthday and to celebrate we booked lunch at the al Arab 7 star hotel ( famous for its sail roof and commanding position) . This was really really good Ok it was £86 pound each BUT we had fresh lobster , cavier from around the world, king prawns beef chocolates and to top it all a solid chocolate birthday cake with compliments from the hotel . It was that good I would do it again …The views are just incredible and the hotel is unbelievable …. ( You only live once ) … You must however book in advance as you cannot access this hotel without prior arrangement
The shopping malls are also brilliant they are so clean and so large the main shopping centre is the size of 12 football pictures so it’s a day job to look around … Very good for the ladies with great fashion shops and shoes so husbands be warned …. But it is still god fun to look … I went into a jewellers to ask about a watch and was informed the one I liked started FROM £440,OOO pounds !!
Don’t worry I didn’t buy it …and there are many other shops selling watches from £10 so don’t be put off . It’s just fun to look and enjoy … Food is excellent in the malls and you will find a variety of outlets to meet any of your tastes at reasonable prices there is even a subway and Mc donalds for those quick drinks and eats …
Well worth a visit and stay in Dubai …..Highly recommended

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the view over Dubai
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlantis, The Palm? Share your experiences!