“Convenient and functional” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #270 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Convenient and functional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Located near the metro station and well connected to the airport, the place is good for people who prefer Indian-vegetarian food..rest the food is just about ok contrary to most places in Dubai that offer excellent food options..rooms are functional and the space for a double room is decent.

we had a large group traveling in a not so hot travel season and yet they were not very prepared for the group check in - staff was helpful but painstakingly slow

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
Oslo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here for four nights in late July. The heat was out of this world and I was actually impressed when I walked in. Big room, washing machine, etc.

I started getting little bites and thought it was hives, but the third night, it was so bad that I woke up at around 5 AM, turned on the lights, and yes, managed to catch one in a glass. The little vampires had bitten me to bits. The manager moved me to another room. I should have moved to another hotel. I looked terrible from all the bites.

Luggage thrown away upon arrival and everything steam cleaned.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I went to Dubai with family end of june and I was recommended star metro by a friend. I must say that the staff were cooperative as we came on an early flight and our booking was not available till midday, they made allowances for us traveling with kids and jet lagged to get out room earlier and sleep it off.
The front desk staff were not very friendly and infact often made a point of avoiding one's glance. The Bell staff were nice and friendly.
My main grouse with the hotel was on cleanliness in the rooms, our toilet seat kept sliding off, the bath tub was never cleaned thoroughly in the 2 weeks we stayed there, the intercoms were not functioning, the tiles would have a stickiness despite being cleaned, the towels were also not kept in pristine condition.
In conclusion its a central location, not far from diera city centre, reef mall opposite, al ansar mall, gift village, a pizza hut, taza chicken, kfc and other eatries nearby.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I use to stay at Star Metro while my company use to book for us from this hotel. From my previous experience I decided to come back to this hotel because of the location.
VERY TERRIBLE:
Internet speed is worse than DILE UP super SLOW (10-20 KB per sec) I had to download Skype software on my PC to talk with my Family. I try several times and could not download it. Then I call to reception to complain about internet and I request them to send me IT guys to check with my connections.
IT came after about 10 minutes later. I was restarting my PC while IT came to my room. Then I told him that Why did they put limit on my internet speed? He tries to explain me that it is not possible to just pick individual router or IP address to limit internet speed but I know it is possible to limit speed. Here is the topic you can read from the below link and I want that IT guy from the hotel to read this better before He tries to fool people.

You can google and read about How to Monitor Bandwidth Usage on Your Wireless Router

TOWELS in the bathroom are old and had some dirties on them. I personally do not like to use other towels than my own and I always keep my towel in my carry-on bag. But however they should have clean towels in the bathroom and It should not to be TOO OLD.

GYM: I went to the GYM in the morning of my second day average size GYM for this type hotel but machines were old and some of them were broken

Good: Room size big enough with king size bed.
Location is very excellent because you have Reef Mall opposite of the hotel and Metro station is 200 foot away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We arrived at 11:30 morning in the Hotel, booked 06 days / 05 nights (06 May - 11 May) .
I ask the Receptionist if possible to allow us early check in since we have small kids 05 years old, besides I told as well that we have to checked out early due our Flight at 09:00 PM on 10 May. The Reception said we have to wait until room will be available or until 02:00 pm standard Hotel check in time.
I knew there are rooms available, as a Tour Consultant I can access online thru our Hotel Supplier wether hotel are fully book or not. When I told her that I have to attend Arabian Travel Mart (ATM) and I introduced myself, right away She give me room no:713 at the top floor facing the main street.
We are booked a One Bedroom Apartment, consisting of Kingsize bed attached bathroom, with a 20'' flat screen TV, a huge living room with 32 flat screen TV, also a DVD Player with surround speakers, a dining hall with table four seaters, also a bathroom, Kitchen
with a huge fridge, microwave oven, kettle, washing machine, electric stove, kitchen utensils but be aware that list are not equal to the actual numbers of crockery, be sure to inform the housekeeping otherwise they will charged you once you checkout.

The Gym and Spa are in the same floor but I did not try to use due to my hectic schedule.
My child love water but only once we used the pool. The size of swimming pool is enough for a Hotel with 100 Rooms not like our previous stay in Sheikh Zayed road the same size with 300 rooms it's too crowded.
Internet charge AED.50. for 24 hours is not expensive and fast no problem at all.
This Hotel suit for budget travelers and for long staying guest. Good location, opposite to Reef Mall, with supermarket, beside the Hotel you can call them and they do deliver goods to your room without extra charge. If you don't cook your food, there are Restaurant nearby, There are fast food inside the Reef Mall and Train station just few meters away from the Hotel.

This is bit old Hotel but well maintained. Hotel employees are nice, friendly from the reception, bellboy, waiters, housekeeping. When we call them for something, they responded right away.

The only thing I would like say is the breakfast everyday are the same menu. I wish they will change everyday.
Although this Hotel is Dry, they donot serve alcohol, this is purely good for family.
Next visit to Dubai defintely I will come back again and I will highly recommend to my clients.

To Management, you have done a good service.

Room Tip: Always request higher floor it's quieter than the lower floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

hello, I was on holiday trip when i stayed in star metro deira and actually really liked it as i was with my family so the atmosphere was just good , staff is friendly specially in reception, food is OK, room service is good and the most important thing the location, The metro is very near to hotel .... Star metro is excellent specially if you are with your family. will stay again in star metro In july may be ;)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here i December 2012. Our room was on the first floor and the windows were at the building next to the hotel. The room was spacious and the furniture was okey. There was missing a dishwashing machine and a laundrywasher. The bathroom was okey and had bathtub and hair dryer. But the towels had an annoying smell that even rubbed off on us. That was really bad. And we chose this hotel because of the heated pool, but to our surprise the pool was not heated at all it was ice cold. The hotel has a pretty good location in Deira. Reef Mall is in front of the hotel so there is some shopping close and the Rigga road is about 5-10 min walk away.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to StarMetro Deira Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!