“Returned to see a 5 star hotel not the one we attended last yaer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina

You added Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina to your Saves list
Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Sufouh Road | Jumeirah Beach, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (The Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Half Board Offer
Ranked #26 of 499 Hotels in Dubai
asseret64
“Returned to see a 5 star hotel not the one we attended last yaer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

Returned to the Westin for 5 nights with a sea view and on half board thanks to the management taking our issues on board last year and asking us to return at there cost.
The changes are as I would have expected, the standard of an exceptional 5 star has been achieved.
The Westin has alot to offer, as you drive up it looks fantastic and when you walk in you get the feel of being somwhere special.
The rooms are great, spacious and with great views over the sea, the heavenly bed is to die for. The thing that stood out for us this year was the level of care by the staff, I am sure that our room staff and the management were told to make our stay considerably better than last year which they did, but it was the staff that are not front line that made our holiday for us. Anatha and Hari down by the pool area, Kennedy the life guard who was attentive to everyone, Tun who I have got to say is one of the most amazing employees a company could have.. it was 48 degrees and that guy did not stand still he was always looking after everyone,and it wasnt like he was expecting a tip.. he never stayed stil long enough to take one. Johnny on the pancakes never stopped smiling and was always pleased to see you, the most incredible thing was alot of the staff remembered us from last year and were pleased to see us back... take time to speak to some of these people they lead very interesting lives and enjoy the chance to speak to you. This year was a breath of fresh air after the awful service we got last year, so I thank the Westin managment but especially the staff who are an asset to this hotel for making our 5 nights back at the Westin such a pleasure.

The Westin is not cheap but you dont get quality for nothing.we will be returning and I would recommend this hotel.

No visit to Dubai is complete if you dont do 2 things 1/ a visit to Caras jewellers where all the uk football stars go and Gary Linekar was in there the week before ask for Mayur he does some great deals, I bought a diamond ring for £1300 and have had it valued at £6500 and 2/ the sundowner jeep safari.. it is a must!!!

Love Dubai and now love the Westin Mina Seyhai............

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

My wife, child and I stayed here and after having stayed in a lots of true 5 star plus hotels were very pleased with it. We paid for a one bedroom suite which was absolutely gorgeous, clean and luxurious throughout. Dubai is expensive as was this hotel - but the child focus was quite surprising in a very positive way. The pools, beach and grounds are quite special...

Only downside is location in my mind - Jumeriah Residence Walk was a lot of fun - but the hotels there are not as new.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
minaseyahi, General Manager at Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, June 7, 2009
Dear dylanursula,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Dubai for your recent family holiday!

We pride ourselves on our family-friendly atmosphere and facilities...in addition to the wide range of grown-up activities. We're so glad you experienced this difference during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

From the minute you step out of your transport you are greeted like someone special, the staff are efficent and very friendly and there never seems anything that they wouldn't do to help.

The whole hotel in wonderful, we stayed in a deluxe room and what a room, extremley large and has everything that you could possible need for your stay. When you walk in the rooms you feel like you have booked the executive room because that's what it feels to stay in these rooms.

The pool, the beach, the loungers, the staff are fantastic and I would recommed anyone to stay in this hotel.

We stayed on a Bed and Breakfast board but did eat at the Italian restaurant on site and would go as far to say that this was the best meal we had in Dubai (and we ate at some very nice places).

The staff are wonderful, the hotel is wonderful.

Look forward to stopping here again. :)

Dear Svenrables,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Dubai for your recent holiday in Dubai!

We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a 6 night stay at the Westin and we loved every single minute of it!!!!!

We arrived at the hotel at 8:30am so we weren't expecting a room to be ready for us, so we were quite pleased when we were told that they there was one available. However, we were advised that we may not want the room that was available as it was a ground floor room with no view!!!! As we had paid for a sea view room, Mahmood (Not sure if I've got the name quite right) obviously suspected that we would decline this room, but he still gave us the option anyway which was good. We declined the room and had a wait of a couple of hours until we got a fantastic room on the 5th floor, to which he showed us to personally. 11:00am wasn't bad considering check-in isn't actually until 3:00pm.

The room was truly fantastic with everything we could possibly want - the Heavenly Bed, the Nespresso machine, mini bar, dressing gowns, slippers, superb bathroom and a balcony with a fantastic view out to the Palm and the Atlantis. In addition, there were always fresh bottles of mineral water in the room which I particularly liked - I think we were getting about 6 bottles a day!!!!

The service throughout the stay was excellent from the staff at reception and concierge, to the staff in the restaurants and by the pool.

The pool and garden area are amazing. We particularly liked the sunbeds on the grassy area as there always seemed to be a nice breeze. The winding pool was great - it would take us about 20 minutes to swim leisurely round it and there were never more than 10 or 15 people in it!!!! The waiters by the pool were very friendly and we never had any problems finding anyone to take our order. There was also a good supply of cold flannels coming round too when it got a bit too warm!!!! The prices by the pool weren't too bad - about £3 for a large bottle of water which came with ice and about £2.60 for a Diet Coke.

The food in the Blue Orange buffet restaurant was fantastic and as other reviews have stated there was so much choice. Breakfast included omelette stations, a pancake station, cold meats, cheese, a huge bread and pastry selection, cooked breakfasts, both indian and arabic food, waffles and plenty of fruit and bottles of mineral water to take away. In the evenings there was the same amount of choice - pasta station, japanese noodle station, cooked meat and fish to order as well as indian, arabic, chinese and a fantastic dessert selection.

Whilst we were there there was an offer on at Hunters steakhouse for 3 courses and unlimited champagne for about £70 a head. It sounds a lot but I thought it was well worth the money. The menu wasn't really restricted - I think the only things missing from the normal menu were lobster and a couple of the steaks (there were still about 7 cuts of steak to choose from). In addition, we also got about 8 glasses of champagne each during the meal which was far better than we imagined. Both the food and the service were excellent and I would really recommend the restaurant especially if the champagne offer is on!!!! We also ate at Bussola one night, which although it had a fantastic view, I would say it was average for the money - 2 courses each a bottle of wine cost us £75.

Just a couple of tips to consider about the Westin and Dubai:

- Our booking with Trailfinders included complimentary half board. When we checked in the hotel had no record of this and it was only because Mahmood mentioned about our rate being bed and breakfast only, that we queried this. As you still have to sign for dinner in the restaurant, I would recommend if you are on a similar deal to sort it when you check in. I'm not saying that the hotel wouldn't sort it upon checking out, but I think it would be more hassle!!!

- Keep an eye out for promotions in the different bars and restaurants. You can get some good deals especially in May when went. For instance, we took advantage of the champagne meal in Hunters, Oeno at the Westin had a promotion on a Tuesday night whereby all women got 3 free glasses of champagne and there was a Sol lager promotion on at the Barasti Bar at the Meridien whereby it was half price.

- If you're staying at the Westin or the Meridien, watch the sunset from the Barasti Bar. You can recline on the day beds or sun loungers listening to the DJ playing chill-out music and watch the sun go down over the Marina.

- We booked through Trailfinders who arranged a transfer from the airport with Arabian Adventures. I think this cost about £70 for a return transfer but was well worth the money. We got met at the airport by a air-conditioned Audi which was fantastic following our less than luxurious BA flight!!!!! It was more expensive than a taxi but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again especially arriving early in a morning.

- Make sure you go to Dubai Duty Free at the airport and buy some alcohol!!!! The drinks are pricey - £7 for a beer and about £10 for a cocktail, but there again, you could pay that easily in London or other places in Europe. As we had a balcony with a sea view, it was actually quite nice to sit on the balcony with a cold beer following a taxing day by the pool!!!!!

All in all, we would recommend a stay at the Westin and to be honest, I don't think I would contemplate staying anywhere else!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
minaseyahi, General Manager at Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, June 4, 2009
Dear pinkchick98,

Thank you for your detailed review and wonderful comments with regards to your recent holiday at The Westin Dubai.

We're very happy that your stay with us was a memorable one and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

I've never bothered to leave a review about anything before as I'm chronically short of time but just felt I had to in this instance to show my appreciation to all the staff who took such good care of us when we were there for 6 nights over Easter. I was recommended this hotel by our travel agent (Paul at Dreamticket) and I'm really glad he did as we went to several hotels in the area and this was definitely one of my favourites.

Very attentive, cheerful and polite staff all round from doormen to reception to concierge including waiters and general cleaning staff. Unfortunately I can no longer remember the names of individual staff I would have liked to single out except I think ? Raoul at reception. Special mention to the staff (especially Dilan and Elizabeth) who ran the children’s club as my 2 kids (aged 8 and 5) enjoyed it immensely despite initially refusing to go. My older daughter particularly enjoyed the snorkelling lessons and water sports.

I don't think the pictures of the outside of the hotel do it justice as it's actually more impressive in real life. The public areas were generally beautiful and very clean with some impressive light fixtures. I'm particularly keen on hotels having nice, well maintained gardens and these do not disappoint. I far preferred the exterior to that of Burj al Arab which did nothing for me! Our room was lovely, particularly as we were upgraded from a deluxe seaview to a corner suite on our arrival which we all loved. Wonderful views from the balcony over the water and at night you could see the Atlantis hotel so worth the extra supplement. The shower in particular was wonderful, encouraging us to have 2-3 showers per day. Little nice touches such as bottles of water supplied twice daily and special Easter chocolates and assorted nuts and the children's activity packs were a useful distraction while the adults unpacked. The espresso machine provided great quality coffee!

We stayed on a bed and breakfast package and greatly enjoyed the buffet breakfasts in the Blue Orange with enough choice from healthy to indulgent to suit adults and children alike. Also had enjoyable dinners at The Spice Emporium and Bussola although we also ate out at other hotels in Dubai. My one criticism would be the paucity of waiters around the pool area as I usually had to go to the bar myself to get drinks/snacks. Meals and drinks are quite expensive but this is normal for all the hotels (and indeed Malls) in the area. Only cheap drinks were in the souks and I would definitely recommend a trip out of the tourist areas to get a feel of local life.

The pools were great and my daughters each had their favourite - the lap pool for my 5 year old as she could stand up in it and winding pool for my 9 year old. The pool loungers were adequate in number and we were always able to find at least 3 together even at mid-day. The beach was lovely although the sea was never as warm as the pools and you could occasionally sea little fish swimming in the shallows which greatly pleased the kids.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
minaseyahi, General Manager at Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, May 31, 2009
Dear AngelaAO,

Thank you for your wonderful comments with regards to your recent family holiday at The Westin Dubai.

We're happy that your Easter break with us was a memorable one and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai!

Nord Rhein Westfalen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

Because the hotel we initially booked was not finished (Amwaj Rotana resort at Dubai Marina) we rebooked to The Westin Dubai. We payed more for our stay in this hotel but we did not regret it for one minut.
Ofcourse, there are always some things to complain about but the Westin is by fare the best 5* hotel we have been to. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. The breakfast is just great and we did not no where to start (international, english, arabian, indian ands lot's of fresh fruits etc..etc.) The rooms are clean and very comfortable with a nice boxspring bed and a nespresso machine.
Garden, beach and pool are big, very clean and safe. One part is for families with children and the other part of the garden and pool is for people above 18 and is nice and quiet.
Prices of dinner in the hotel restaurants are not always in balance. Same for the drinks, 1 small bottle of heineken costs 7 euro? We payed roundabout 9 euro for a cocktail at the poolbar but it tasted great and was served by a very very friendly Indonesian waiter!!

There was just one part we did not like and that was the amount of Russian guests. They are loud, unfriendly and do not respect the hotels dress code. The Westin looses glamour because of these guests.

For the rest......JUST GREAT. The hotel lays 5 minutes drive by taxi from Dubai Marina.
After staying 2 weeks on the Seychelles we had a very nice stay in Dubai.
And for shore we will go back.

Dear Traveler68030,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Dubai for your recent holiday - we're very happy to learn that your change in choice proved a rewarding one!

We thank you again for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back!

UAE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

We had gotten this hotel as a gift for our weekend. I had an amazing getaway with my family, probably the best ever in the last couple of years! The services provided were unbeatable.

Apart from the neat ambience, crystal aura and luxurious interiors, the hotel also had many other facilities at our disposal such as state of the art rooms, steam and sauna facilities, wide variety of restaurants and cafes.

Must say that if you are planning a holiday weekend to a hotel or a resort, Westin serves as more than one!!!

JetPrivilege Membership No. 137434581

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dear holidayfreakuae,

Thank you for taking the time to review your family holiday with us at The Westin Dubai.

We're so happy that your stay was an enjoyable one and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina

Been to Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!