Firstly due to location (Jumeirah Beach area) plus the roadworks near hotel, it meant we had to use taxis everywhere we went. These are fairly cheap but if hotel offers private car and you accept be prepared to pay at least double the normal taxi fare.
Although we arrived before official checkin and our room was not ready, the receptionist organised free coffee/tea while we waited. Although we booked one of the cheaper rooms, the room was large and clean with everything you need plus a balcony and seating. The beach was nice but because of the many shells at waterline it made it uncomforable to walk into water. But once you navigated this hurdle the water was refreshing, not cold. There were a number of pools (with lifeguards on duty) which catered for all, even those wanting to do laps. The only issue I had was that a few of the guests would allow their toddlers (with floaties) to use this facility to splash around in even though there was a kids pool a few feet away. This prevented some serious lap swimmers from using this facility.
Breakfast was great and catered for most tastes. Food and drink prices in the various resturants are in line with other hotels of this standard in UAE.
I had to use the Business Centre and Irina and Theo were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help me. Also Concierge, Reception and all other staff were fantastic - Thanks
BUT the best kept secret was the Courtesy Lounge. We stumbled on this as we had 3 hours before our transport to airport. It is available for those who have checked out but have some time before their plane. Not only do they have tea/coffee but the best cookies I have tasted. Also available are bathroom facilities with shower plus they provide all you need - towel, soap, toothbrush/tooth paste, moisturisers and lots more. What a wonderful idea. Probably also available for those arriving early and have some time before their rooms are available.
Had a great time mainly due to pleasant and helpful staff - Thanks
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Hotel Dubai
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Hotel
- Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina
- Westin Dubai
- Dubai Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a pristine stretch of Jumeirah Beach, The Westin Dubai features 294 rooms, 14 complexed restaurants & bars, a Westin Heavenly Spa and extensive water sport activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and Expedia so you can book your Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.