“Beautiful place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq

Save Saved
You added Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   North Comiche Road | PO Box 7079, Jeddah 21462, Saudi Arabia   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale From SAR 1275
Ranked #12 of 87 hotels in Jeddah
Istanbul, Turkey
“Beautiful place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This luxury hotel is very impressive with well decoration. Especially the scenery is great, beautiful red sea across the hotel, you can enjoy the place with good memories. Staff are mostly kind and helpful..

Room Tip: Choose sea view room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
OmarAbuZaid, Operations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear firstmoon3142,

Thank you very much for sharing your review on your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased and delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for highlighting your positive impression on our hotel, our location and our team members.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again as we would be very glad to welcome you back for another unforgettable stay at Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq.

Yours sincerely,

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Arabic first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I was over in Jeddah for one night and stayed in this hotel because i couldnt get any other rooms in the city. I was excited that id be staying at such a luxurious hotel. I booked the Executive Suite. 1 sitting/dining room, 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms. The first bad experience was the hotel reception. Unprofessional and took ages to check me in. I dont know what the reason was. Second disappointment was the suite fitting. Very tacky, low quality fabric. I dont know it didnt feel luxurious. My father tried calling me and gave the hotel my last name (reservation was under my last name). They told him noone is checked in under that name. Maybe its my stay which was a one bad incident after another. The food was good tho. So thats a plus. Anyhow i came to Jeddah again and didnt not book here.

• Stayed June 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

wonderful hotel. 7 stars. the service is great. it is truly luxury hotel but unfortunately the price is too over. in my opinion i can get another hotel in the same category with a much cheaper price. what i did not like is that the gym is in Hilton Hotel (different building). i have to walk to the other building to go there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

OmarAbuZaid, Operations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Qasr Al Sharq, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel and for sharing your experience with us.

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us. Thank you very much for your positive impression about our hotel and I would be delighted to share it with our team to further continue carrying on unparalleled experience to our guests at all times.

Please feel free to contact us further with any additional comments or plans to return, as we would be pleased for another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Yours sincerely,

Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have booked this Hotel and I went there and the reception Boy (I wont call him a Gentle man )
start to treat me as I am Lower in his psychic mind than him I passed that because it reflect his sad lonely life and the service in General is poor ,IF you compare even with a 4 star hotel outside Saudia Arabia , the room is good nothing wow about it here when it is not clean and finger prints everywhere even the mirrors stained ,

the only positive thing in this hotel it is complete a Dead land no one there no sounds the lobby is empty most of the time ,

The negatives :

1.attitude issue with everyone from the receptionist specially the receptionist who treat you his the only sale man and this hotel is his house unprofessional ,uneducated and one of them he has self esteem issues he should be treated psychologically (my professional diagnosis).
2.the service is extremely poor anything which take more than 15 minutes or 20 minutes is poor specially when it is not Food.
3.the hotel is old and getting older it needs a renew ,amenities also, Hotel meant to be fun relaxing place to stay in not a bed breakfast specially when you ask for 1000 dollars per night.
4.It seems the management doesn't care or bother themselves with doing well I didn't saw any manager when I need to talk to or complain about something maybe they need to think it again before they drop out as any business around, I hope they gonna do something to be proud of when a city like Jeddah not even reaching the level of proudness to have a good Hotel.

Sincerely

FZ

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
OmarAbuZaid, Operations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you for choosing to stay at Qasr Al Sharq, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel and for sharing your experience during your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the quality of service in general. It was disappointing to learn that your visit was not up to standard and please rest assured that this is certainly not the lasting impression that we wish to leave with our valued guests. I have personally followed up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are immediately taken.

As a valued guest, your feedback is important to us. We use it to try to make your experiences the best that they can be. Furthermore, I have noted the rest of your comments and have been shared with the management team, rest assured that it will be addressed in an appropriate and a timely manner.

We hope you allow us another opportunity to demonstrate the Waldorf Astoria hospitality you have come to expect in our hotel.

If I can be of more assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Loved my room! Very spacious and reminded me of the interior to the burj al arab. A lot of gold and very bling. What truly bothered me was the service. I was brought to my room by the bell boy who didnt show me how anything works in the room. I asked for a room service card since my pages were glued together. It took my 1 1/2 hours and 4 calls to get it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'm spending my honey-moon in this outstanding hotel.It's my 1st night. The check in was super fast only 5min. The staff is extremly friendly. The man in the reception when he knew it is my honey moon he gave me a sea view room. Overall Perfect hotel with 5 stars qualities. It's highly recommended....

• Stayed February 2013
Du13
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The hotel & rooms(Suites) are breath taking everything in the Suite is impressive and lavish. Being there on business only, at one point I seriously thought of changing hotels because it was so bling bling. Tea & coffee are complimentary just call your butler to deliver it, see what I mean.
But the service of the staff is not up to par as upon mycheck-in I was given a suite & when Concierge employee & I walk in I had to back away very quickly as it was very obvious someone is in the room with their clothes on bed and slippers on floor. This was a major mistake on the recieption empoyees, which their manager called me later and appologies for. The room service menu as you would expect it is quite expensive, example a basic cheese sandwich is at $24.
Location is on corniche road beautiful outlook on the Red sea & It's adjacent to Hilton with easy access to Hilton (external walk way).
I had a BB package, so people at the hotel have the option to order in room instead of going down to restaurant for Breakfast, I was surprise to see that there's no buffet, only menu orders. I then realized people at such a grand hotel would not wake up so early (6:30am) for a business eeting or a breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Make sure to have a sea veiw suite & order breakfast the night before!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq? Share your experiences!