“Beautiful hotel but lack of service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq

Save Saved
You added Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   North Comiche Road | PO Box 7079, Jeddah 21462, Saudi Arabia   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #10 of 91 Hotels in Jeddah
Vienna, Austria
“Beautiful hotel but lack of service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Loved my room! Very spacious and reminded me of the interior to the burj al arab. A lot of gold and very bling. What truly bothered me was the service. I was brought to my room by the bell boy who didnt show me how anything works in the room. I asked for a room service card since my pages were glued together. It took my 1 1/2 hours and 4 calls to get it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'm spending my honey-moon in this outstanding hotel.It's my 1st night. The check in was super fast only 5min. The staff is extremly friendly. The man in the reception when he knew it is my honey moon he gave me a sea view room. Overall Perfect hotel with 5 stars qualities. It's highly recommended....

• Stayed February 2013
Du13
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The hotel & rooms(Suites) are breath taking everything in the Suite is impressive and lavish. Being there on business only, at one point I seriously thought of changing hotels because it was so bling bling. Tea & coffee are complimentary just call your butler to deliver it, see what I mean.
But the service of the staff is not up to par as upon mycheck-in I was given a suite & when Concierge employee & I walk in I had to back away very quickly as it was very obvious someone is in the room with their clothes on bed and slippers on floor. This was a major mistake on the recieption empoyees, which their manager called me later and appologies for. The room service menu as you would expect it is quite expensive, example a basic cheese sandwich is at $24.
Location is on corniche road beautiful outlook on the Red sea & It's adjacent to Hilton with easy access to Hilton (external walk way).
I had a BB package, so people at the hotel have the option to order in room instead of going down to restaurant for Breakfast, I was surprise to see that there's no buffet, only menu orders. I then realized people at such a grand hotel would not wake up so early (6:30am) for a business eeting or a breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Make sure to have a sea veiw suite & order breakfast the night before!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The hotel itself is breath-taking and the rooms stunning but even during the booking process the customer service was lacking severely. I should have booked at the Le Meridien at that point, but still wanted to give the Qasr Al Sharq a try. I had to make 5 calls to try and reserve a room with absolutely no help given their system was down for most of the day. I ended up booking online myself. I, of course, do what I always do and call the hotel to confirm my bookings and requirements and all was confirmed to me. Then I took an extremely early morning flight, only to stand at the airport exhausted and hot with no driver in sight. It didn't end there, I was very clear in asking for an early check in and my request was confirmed the day before over the phone only to finally get to the hotel and find out no room was ready. Not to mention, I specifically chose the more expensive rate just for the breakfast only to find more resistance from customer service and had to walk over to reception to have it settled. All of this before a decent cup of coffee. I didn't even go into the number of times I was transferred only to be transferred again. Customer service is far more important to me than cost. At any rate, thankfully I was only there for one night and will most certainly never return. Shame, I travel to Jeddah constantly and was hoping Qasr Al Sharq would be my go-to hotel. It's being compared to the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi and let me tell you there is no comparison. Let me put it to you this way, Emirates Palace has already won the race when Qasr Al Sharq is still stuck at the 'Start' line. I'm going back to the Le Meridien where efficiency and organization is evident in every aspect. It's half the price and triple the service. My suggestion, run to the Le Meridien.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
JeddahHiltonAdmin, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences that you may have experienced during your recent stay at Qasr Al Sharq. Please rest assured that corrective measurements have been taken.

Should your future travel bring you back to Jeddah, please contact my office directly (+966 02 659 0000 Ext 3505) so we can reinstate your trust again.

Axel Hauser
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011 via mobile

As some other reviews suggest, it's a great luxurious building compined with unattentive staff who make you feel unwelcome. Check in took forever because i didn't get them a printed copy of my booking which i never did for five years (although they have my reservation in the system!). The next morning, they refused to provide the included breakfast which also make my stay unpleasent as i had to go to receiption to settle the matter as they were not helpful over the phone. Overall, i wouldn't stay there for even half the price i paid.

• Stayed January 2011
JeddahHiltonAdmin, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Qasr Al Sharq, Jeddah and for taking the time to write us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is with great regret and concern when I received your complaint detailing how unhappy you are with the service and our people.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. This should have not been the case, and I have personally followed up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are immediately taken.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Qasr Al Sharq and any of our Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Sincerely Yours,

Axel Hauser
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

Dream hotel, interior work is very rich , you need to select the timing to get the best rate

• Stayed August 2011
Jeddah_Hilton, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Thank You very much for sharing your positive impression of Qasr Al Sharq which is much appreciated.
At Qasr Al Sharq, we always feature a suitable, seasonable promotional offer. Although conditions apply, these offers are available when booking on-line or via our reservations center.
Again, thank you for writing!
Wolfgang Maier
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

One of the most opulent hotel palaces that have ever been built and certainly appealing to oriental tastes. In spite of the grandezza, there is no feeling of public space inside. One does feel a bit squeezed. Service is a weak for a top luxury hotel. As is typical in Saudi, there are hardly any outside facilities (swimming/bar/restaurant).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Waldorf Astoria Qasr Al Sharq? Share your experiences!