“A hotel for the business traveller” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
My weekend, my choice
Ranked #8 of 90 hotels in Jeddah
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“A hotel for the business traveller”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife in March 2014. This is a smart hotel which would appeal to the male business traveller. Families are not fully catered for, in that females are not able to use the health or pool facilities, much the same as hotels generally in the Kingdom. This meant that, as a couple, we couldn't enjoy such facilities together, but we expected that. The breakfast was superb, with very attentive staff, and more than enough choices to cater for most tastes. Was not happy with housekeeping, particularly after returning from a very long day to find neither the bed made nor the bathroom cleaned. Not even our used cups had been cleaned, demonstrating our room had been overlooked, not acceptable at this price point. Response was swift, with the room prepared in a few short minutes, but more attention needed in this area. The patio doors to the balcony were not well sealed, so the room was noisy, but we were on the 5th floor (non-smoking floor) so high enough that we got used to it. Generally speaking, a positive experience, and the hotel is well located for the main shopping streets and the old city, although the Corniche is a considerable distance away. We will however look for another hotel that provides more private, family friendly, facilities in future if we visit Jeddah again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Our sincere appreciation to you for taking the time and share your feedback about your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah, however, we do apologize that we failed to meet with your expectations in regards of cleaning your room and we will definitely share your comments with our Housekeeping Team and Room Division Manager.

Our warmest appreciation for sharing your experience with us and we do hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you in the near future.

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
Ankara, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Staff was very warm and polite. I have stayed there two times and both stay was wonderful. Breakfast was perfect and room service well quite well. Staff is always ready to help you, so do not hesitate to ask for help.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, try to avoid smoking rooms. Also request for a room from higher floors whic...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah. We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful time with us and will definitely share it to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to another stunning experience.

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed at a Superior King Room for one night. This hotel is quiet, clean, staff is friendly, and breakfast buffet is very good. The restaurant is also very quiet, clean, and it overlooks a small swimming pool which is suitable for relaxing more than swimming due to its space. Wi-Fi is available almost everywhere I went. This hotel is located around fifty meters from a main street where it is very easy day or night to find a taxi. This hotel is about thirty minutes from the international airport. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Our sincere appreciation to you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah and we are pleased to know that you had a wonderful time with us and will definitely share it to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to another stunning experience with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

First impression when I cam in the hotel was not so nice. Somehow they've deleted my reservation. It took 30 min and 2 phonecalls to send new approval. A bit dissapointed with reception staff (who doesn't have a clue what are they doing). During my stay, I had to visit receptionist to update my key-card, though I was impressed with general manager who saw my face and instantly offered to escort me to my room (to assist me in case if my key wouldn't work). Kudos!
Hotel room was really big with kingsize bed and aircon!
Once they forgot to change my towels, but when I called them, in 2 min they were at my door! Kudos for cleaning staf!
Hotel is positioning near 2 big shopping mall's.
Breakfast was very good, a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables!
Nice hotel!

• Stayed February 2014
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback about your recent stay at our hotel though of course there was a slight disappointment on your room reservation experience. However, we are glad that overall you had a nice time with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed for a few weeks so really got to know the staff very well and they went out of their way to help me with whatever I needed. The food was very good, and I was even fortunate enough to be invited to a special dinner with the GM of the hotel which was really nice.

The hotel doesn't have the most beautiful views but the rooms are really comfortable and always clean!! Its also a bonus that the hotel has a big swimming pool and a gym with most of the equipment you will need. My favourite thing about the hotel though is their amazing ice cream.

Overall it was a good experience and I will definitely stay at the hotel again if I return to Jeddah.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony. Internet connection is faster and the room is more spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review concerning your recent stay here at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah. we were pleased to read your comments about your experience and appreciated your positive feedback regarding our staff, your room and the cleanliness.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The rooms were very large, clean and comfortable but very dated. It is fine for a one night stay or quick stopover. For an extended stay, there is not much attractions in the area. The staff were pleasant, helpful and capable English speakers. We were impressed that such an old hotel maintained a very good level of cleanliness.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Our warmest appreciation for sharing your experience with us, following your recent dinner experience with our GM at Views Restaurant.

We are so happy to know that our staff delivered the good service and were able to meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to another stunning experience.

Gouda, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

After a friendly and professional check in the first thing I noticed was the foggy smell in my room. You'll get used to it but it isn't very pleasant. The room, and the property in general looks rather dated and a bit worn. Also the bed linen, towels etc. are good for replacement. For me it was still acceptable but the whole didn't have the 'fresh and clean' feeling what you'd expect from a hotel like this.
The food in the buffet restaurant is o.k. but nothing to write home about.
All together not a bad choice when in Jeddah but there might be better options out there

Room Tip: There are 3 types of window views in this hotel. -1 street view (I guess this will be noisy -2 Ins...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review concerning your stay here at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah and will definitely share it to the rest of the team here as it helps us improve our services.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Communication Manager.

Been to Movenpick Hotel Jeddah? Share your experiences!