“Nice Hotel to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 94 Hotels in Jeddah
Ankara, Turkey
“Nice Hotel to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Staff was very warm and polite. I have stayed there two times and both stay was wonderful. Breakfast was perfect and room service well quite well. Staff is always ready to help you, so do not hesitate to ask for help.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, try to avoid smoking rooms. Also request for a room from higher floors whic...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah. We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful time with us and will definitely share it to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to another stunning experience.

Communication Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed at a Superior King Room for one night. This hotel is quiet, clean, staff is friendly, and breakfast buffet is very good. The restaurant is also very quiet, clean, and it overlooks a small swimming pool which is suitable for relaxing more than swimming due to its space. Wi-Fi is available almost everywhere I went. This hotel is located around fifty meters from a main street where it is very easy day or night to find a taxi. This hotel is about thirty minutes from the international airport. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Our sincere appreciation to you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah and we are pleased to know that you had a wonderful time with us and will definitely share it to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to another stunning experience with us.

Warm regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

First impression when I cam in the hotel was not so nice. Somehow they've deleted my reservation. It took 30 min and 2 phonecalls to send new approval. A bit dissapointed with reception staff (who doesn't have a clue what are they doing). During my stay, I had to visit receptionist to update my key-card, though I was impressed with general manager who saw my face and instantly offered to escort me to my room (to assist me in case if my key wouldn't work). Kudos!
Hotel room was really big with kingsize bed and aircon!
Once they forgot to change my towels, but when I called them, in 2 min they were at my door! Kudos for cleaning staf!
Hotel is positioning near 2 big shopping mall's.
Breakfast was very good, a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables!
Nice hotel!

• Stayed February 2014
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback about your recent stay at our hotel though of course there was a slight disappointment on your room reservation experience. However, we are glad that overall you had a nice time with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed for a few weeks so really got to know the staff very well and they went out of their way to help me with whatever I needed. The food was very good, and I was even fortunate enough to be invited to a special dinner with the GM of the hotel which was really nice.

The hotel doesn't have the most beautiful views but the rooms are really comfortable and always clean!! Its also a bonus that the hotel has a big swimming pool and a gym with most of the equipment you will need. My favourite thing about the hotel though is their amazing ice cream.

Overall it was a good experience and I will definitely stay at the hotel again if I return to Jeddah.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony. Internet connection is faster and the room is more spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review concerning your recent stay here at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah. we were pleased to read your comments about your experience and appreciated your positive feedback regarding our staff, your room and the cleanliness.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The rooms were very large, clean and comfortable but very dated. It is fine for a one night stay or quick stopover. For an extended stay, there is not much attractions in the area. The staff were pleasant, helpful and capable English speakers. We were impressed that such an old hotel maintained a very good level of cleanliness.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Our warmest appreciation for sharing your experience with us, following your recent dinner experience with our GM at Views Restaurant.

We are so happy to know that our staff delivered the good service and were able to meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to another stunning experience.

Gouda, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

After a friendly and professional check in the first thing I noticed was the foggy smell in my room. You'll get used to it but it isn't very pleasant. The room, and the property in general looks rather dated and a bit worn. Also the bed linen, towels etc. are good for replacement. For me it was still acceptable but the whole didn't have the 'fresh and clean' feeling what you'd expect from a hotel like this.
The food in the buffet restaurant is o.k. but nothing to write home about.
All together not a bad choice when in Jeddah but there might be better options out there

Room Tip: There are 3 types of window views in this hotel. -1 street view (I guess this will be noisy -2 Ins...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review concerning your stay here at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah and will definitely share it to the rest of the team here as it helps us improve our services.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Communication Manager.
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Rooms are comfortable; however quite dark. Food is excellent. Great facilities with a big pool and an excellent gym and even a good barber. Service very good too. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
It has been our pleasure having you with us and we thank you very much for your kind comment.
We are happy that we met your expectations and looking forward to welcoming you back to Jeddah in the near future.

Communication Manager

Been to Movenpick Hotel Jeddah? Share your experiences!