“Good hotel for business in Jeddah” 4 of 5 stars

Movenpick Hotel Jeddah
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Madina Road, Jeddah 21451, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Jeddah
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good hotel for business in Jeddah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Rooms are comfortable; however quite dark. Food is excellent. Great facilities with a big pool and an excellent gym and even a good barber. Service very good too. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
It has been our pleasure having you with us and we thank you very much for your kind comment.
We are happy that we met your expectations and looking forward to welcoming you back to Jeddah in the near future.

Communication Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Giza, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Excellent location. professional & helpful staff, Wonderful restaurant, it feels great when you are in this Hotel. Really i would like to thank each & everyone in this hotel specially reservations, front desk & room service, they made my trip to Jeddah "excellent" & more than i expected. everything i requested was fulfilled & accurate, that's all i need in my visits to any city. My first choice will be Movenpick Hotels anywhere, specially the one in Jeddah i recommend it to all business travelers.

Room Tip: Superior rooms on pool view, they are perfect
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah. We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful time with us and will definitely share it to the rest of the team here.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future to enjoy another wonderful experience.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have a pleasant stay in Mövenpick Jeddah, the staff are very helpful and Professional in dealing with the guest,Excellent rooms, breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet wasgreat, a lot of variety on the TV channels.
The rooms was Clean & large with pool view
I enjoyed my stay in the hotel

Room Tip: Pool View is perfect
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
We are pleased to read your comment and to know that you have enjoyed your stay here at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah. Our team works hard to ensure that all of our guests receive a memorable experience; we will definitely share your inspiring words to them.

We all look forward to welcoming you back

Johanna Baghajati.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

It's was a very exciting stay in the hotel with friendly staff...with big room and balcony and HD T.V......and the Chinese restaurant it was extremely fantastic. And I recommend all my friends to go and had the same exited that I had

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post and share your recent experience here at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your dinner at Spices Restaurant.

We are happy to have you with us again in the near future with an another wonderful experience.

Warm regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Its not a very good hotel to stay. Building is very old, A/C is noisy and kerosine smell comes when A/C is switched on. Not interested in Loyalty program for regular customers. I saw in their website lately that they have Loyalty program which their staffs are not promoting. My colleague made online booking for NON SMOKING ROOM but on arrival they informed him that only SMOKING ROOMS available. Very much unprofessionalism.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback and your recent stay here at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah and on behalf of the entire team we do apologize for the unpleasant experience with us.

We have taken into our consideration this experience and our team had your valued comment and allow us to assure you that such unhappy stay shall not be repeated and shall expect the best in terms of hospitality that our hotel has to present.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Communication Manager
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I frequently stay in Moevenpick hotels, in KSA, Egypt or abroad. However; the one I visit most frequent is the one in Jeddah in Madinah road. Simply, it's the elegance of simplicity and nice food they present. The room will never let you down.

However; this time I had an unpleasant situation where my reservation was 1 night instead of the 2 nights I've requested. This was due to a communication error. Anyways, at the front desk I was told that I should be checking-in the day after and not the same day, I asked for a modification in the reservation but was shocked with the reply that there's no room available!!!

Anyway, I asked to meet the duty manager, who called for his team and they started sorting our the issue.
I'd like to thank Mr. Mohamed Abdeen, who was keen to solve the issue, in contrary to the receptionist. He acknowledged that I'm a frequent guest and that my company is an import partner and he managed to find me a room after around 45 minutes.

Pleasantly, the room was very clean and well prepared - I was afraid a guest has just checked out and the room will not be ready.
Not only this, but also he was offering to help in any issue and went the mile paying me a phone call to check my satisfaction from the room.
30 minutes after I checked-in the room service complimented me with a fruit basket and some Swiss desserts.

Thanks Mr. Mohamed and the helpful staff members who managed sorting out this room issue.

Well done ;)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
We were pleased to read your comment about your experience and we appreciate your positive feedback regarding our staff, your room and the hotel overall, and we were happy that your problem solved on time.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Banjarmasin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

If one thing stands out, it is the general kindness of the staff.
Reception is professional and easily available to answer your requests.
Laundry service is excellent too.
Breakfast is fine and caters for the western visitor.
Paid internet is barely different from the free access,not worth the expense.
Dinner options not in par with breakfast.

Room Tip: Inner rooms have a somber view on the small patio but are probably quitter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
It was our pleasure reading your positive review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always satisfying to see that out attention to details is acknowledged and it gives us the confirmation that this is appreciated by our customers.

We are looking to welcoming you again with us.

Management response from: