“Helpful staff member” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 94 Hotels in Jeddah
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Helpful staff member”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I frequently stay in Moevenpick hotels, in KSA, Egypt or abroad. However; the one I visit most frequent is the one in Jeddah in Madinah road. Simply, it's the elegance of simplicity and nice food they present. The room will never let you down.

However; this time I had an unpleasant situation where my reservation was 1 night instead of the 2 nights I've requested. This was due to a communication error. Anyways, at the front desk I was told that I should be checking-in the day after and not the same day, I asked for a modification in the reservation but was shocked with the reply that there's no room available!!!

Anyway, I asked to meet the duty manager, who called for his team and they started sorting our the issue.
I'd like to thank Mr. Mohamed Abdeen, who was keen to solve the issue, in contrary to the receptionist. He acknowledged that I'm a frequent guest and that my company is an import partner and he managed to find me a room after around 45 minutes.

Pleasantly, the room was very clean and well prepared - I was afraid a guest has just checked out and the room will not be ready.
Not only this, but also he was offering to help in any issue and went the mile paying me a phone call to check my satisfaction from the room.
30 minutes after I checked-in the room service complimented me with a fruit basket and some Swiss desserts.

Thanks Mr. Mohamed and the helpful staff members who managed sorting out this room issue.

Well done ;)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
We were pleased to read your comment about your experience and we appreciate your positive feedback regarding our staff, your room and the hotel overall, and we were happy that your problem solved on time.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Johanna Baghajati
Communication Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
Banjarmasin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

If one thing stands out, it is the general kindness of the staff.
Reception is professional and easily available to answer your requests.
Laundry service is excellent too.
Breakfast is fine and caters for the western visitor.
Paid internet is barely different from the free access,not worth the expense.
Dinner options not in par with breakfast.

Room Tip: Inner rooms have a somber view on the small patio but are probably quitter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Johanna B, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
It was our pleasure reading your positive review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always satisfying to see that out attention to details is acknowledged and it gives us the confirmation that this is appreciated by our customers.

We are looking to welcoming you again with us.

Johanna Baghajati.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Good hotel and nice staff.
I booked it online from Movenpick official site. It was an offer with a special rate and condition but the reception desk didn't know about the offer and told me it is a new offer and they don't know it, But they were so supportive and handle ant concerns.
Breakfast was fine and satisfactory to most tastes but dinner was poor and insufficient quantities.
Room was large and clean but the terrace door was locked which was weird to me.
the quietness of the room is really questionable !
I heard every single movement from the next room and i guess the guests at the next room heard me as well!
Moreover, I called the guest at the next room and asked him to reduce the volume of his TV !!!
Even when they use the vacuum cleaner at the corridor, I felt it was in my room !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Movenpick in Jeddah lives up to the corporate name - and then some... Excellent rooms, superior breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet, pool and gym. So many places in Jeddah tend to cater to the religious overtone -- here it is more subtle, more European ... if you don't count the first call to prayer outside, first thing in the morning. Only one complaint - city traffic is high-speed, jammed and dangerous - you don't want to drive here (although there are numerous car rental places) - and if you do drive, the city has removed the transition lane cut-in near the hotel, so you have to go around the block just to get into the front of the hotel. Free lo-speed wi-fi, high speed available for purchase.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. It is our pleasure reading positive feedback and it gives us the confirmation that our efforts are bearing fruits. We hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again and see you soon.

Johanna Baghajati
Manama, Bahrain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

NIce location, courteous staff.....and way too expensive. The room was tiny, the TV channels very limited as far as English options are concerned, and electric sockets to charge cell phones / laptops were not easily accessible.
The food was quite good, though.
I looked at other options the next time I was in Jeddah.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room is big enough. Mine was claustrophobic.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Omar B, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on our property. We noticed that you were not pleased with the service you received and while this is of course regrettable, we appreciate you taking it to our attention in order to more improve on this. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience. We hope that you will give us another chance to return our reputation and we are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I like the staff services, Clean & large room.
They give me late checkout when I request it until 3:00pm
little noise if you take the room beside the main road.
the windows glasses not double so you can hear the cars noise
One of the best 4 stars hotel for business & family's.

Room Tip: Chose room in the back of the Hotel to avoid the noises, the windows glasses not double you can hear...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Omar B, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
It was a pleasure reading your positive review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always satisfying to see that out attention to details is acknowledged and it gives us the confirmation that this is appreciated by our customers. We hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.

beirut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

... this hotel is a joke to Swiss quality.
The wifi internet works 10% of the time.
You wake up in the middle of the night to a dripping sound! There's a leakage from the ceiling in the bathroom. You call the reception. It's absolutely normal to them (it must be part of the Movenpick Jeddah experience). Half an hour later after calling twice and being transferred from one desk to another, they send you a technician that cannot answer ANY question you ask.
Turns out, you can't touch the AC unit. I thought they would be the kings of AC in Saudi...
So you freeze or you boil in your room. Your pick!
Oh. And no one cares...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Omar B, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback . We noticed that you were not completely satisfied with the service you received and while this is of course regrettable, we appreciate you bringing it to our attention in order to further improve.

General Manager.

Been to Movenpick Hotel Jeddah? Share your experiences!