“Good for business traveller” 4 of 5 stars

Movenpick Hotel Jeddah
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Madina Road, Jeddah 21451, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #12 of 94 Hotels in Jeddah
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good for business traveller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was my first trip to Jeddah.

I was met by the front office manager - He was very friendly and professional.

I needed a driver for my 4 day trip - He helped me arrange this also (although it was quite expensive, this is not the issue with the hotel).

Most hotels in Jeddah are quite old, but the Movenpick was still in good condition. The room was clean and large. There is not much natural light in the rooms and it's not like Jeddah has much in terms of "rooms with a view" to offer in ANY hotel.

Staff were friendly, food was reasonable and internet (for Middle East) was fast.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Jeddah.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there for about a week with my family for Ramadan. We got a suite for my brothers and I and a double room for my parents. The rooms were big, clean and the bathrooms well stocked with toiletries.The lobby was kinda small but the staff friendly and the service overall was excellent. We had Iftar almost every day at the hotel restaurant. It had good variety but not exactly the best buffet I've had. The location is really good there Is a grocery store in the mall about 3min walking distance. Our stay was very comfortable and was a catch really cz all other furnished suites in Jeddah were more expensive per night for my family that at the Movenpick. I would totally go again and would highly reccommend it.

• Stayed July 2012
Qadous, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Ms. Heba,

Warm greetings from Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your efforts in taking the time by providing us with your valuable feedback. It was a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed our services during your last stay with us and your words of appreciation motivates us to better our services even further. Your very good rating and your nice comments will I certainly share with my team members . Surely, all of them will be happy that their hard work has been noticed.

If you have any further comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely and we wish you a great day!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Positves -
Nice big comforable bed, clean and spacious room. Watched the Euro 2012 coverage from the pool area which relaxing and memorable apart fromt the England result against Italy. Also, Staff speak and understand good English which is important to me.

Minor negatives is the quality of the internet connection, and breakfast is a bit expensive though decent quality.

Would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Mali,

Warm greetings from Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah.

It was a pleasure to know your suggestions via TripAdvisor and we highly appreciated hearing that you have enjoyed our services during your stay with us. Your positve comments will I certainly share to my team as your appreciation to their hardwork.

Morever, please don’t hesitate to contact us or simply if you have any other comments or suggestions to make your future stays with us more comfortable and enjoyable.

Once again, thank you very much.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for for more than 200 nights in a one year span while working on a project for a locally based company. The staff was ALWAYS accommodating and the food in Views or through room service was superior. I preferred the rooms on the Madinah Road side because they were more quiet. I will be there again when business takes me back to Jeddah.

Room Tip: Madinah Road side is more quiet but the pool view is very nice.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Jeff,

It is indeed pleasure with us hearing your very positve comments via Tripadvisor and I will certainly share your experience with all my team members .We are really looking forward to welcoming you back to the Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah very soon and we would be delighted if you could share a short note of your positive experiences with others at Tripadvisor.com

Thank you very much for your very good rating and your nice comments.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Personally I dont like to stay at this hotel, but that doesnt mean the hotel is not any good.
I only stopped over very short stays- usually just for the night and early check-out and therefore cant really judge too much on the staff or general service of the hotel.
The beds were comfortable to sleep in. The TV channels very limited but typical for Saudi standards. There are small balconies with chair and tables however it is so filthy/dusty that you wouldnt want to even sit outside. Besides, the temperatures are unbearable - so not really an option unless it is winter season and you are a chain smoker who is desperate for a smoke.

What I can confirm however is that the photos of the hotel are a true reflection of the lobby and reception area, restaurant and pool - what you see on the photos is what you get.
With regards to the rooms - although the fotos show a very beautiful picture, the feeling in reality is extremely dark caused by very heavily lined dark curtains.
The rooms and bathrooms although large are missing the "wauw" factor (if that makes any sense).
The restaurant is an absolute pleasure and as a female it gives you a slight sensation of "light" and freshness with the view of the pool area through massive windows.

Internet is absolutely rubbish and a waste of time!!!!

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing the main road !!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

It is always pleasure with us heairng your positive thoughts towards Moevenpick Hotel Jeddah and rest of your comments. Meanwhile, we always have taken into account your feedback and let me assure you that such unpleasant experience shall not be repeated in the future and during your next stay with us you shall expect nothing but the best in terms of hospitality that Jeddah has to offer.

However, thank you for your efforts in taking the time by providing us with your valuable feedback that will contribute us to upscale our services up to our guest 100% satisfactions and expectations.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any other comments or suggestions to make your future stays with us more comfortable and enjoyable as we do always wish that you enjoyed your stay in Jeddah and it will be a pleasure to be your host at Mövenpick Hotel Jeddah in your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed at the same hotel some 25 years ago when it was under different name and different management . The hotel has changed entirely to a good four star hotel. My room was in the 4th floor over looking Madina road, there is no good view I guess from all the rooms, but if you are a business visitor, you will need a good clean hotel, comfortable bed, a good breakfast buffet, free Internet and above all, good location near city center and this hotel has got them with a reasonable rate.
Just couple of observations, the concierge should have been an Arab, some one who knows the city and the language, and I also noticed that the phone next to the bed has technical problem (sound could barely be heard), i had noticed this at around 1am, the hotel operator immedialtey sent a technician and replace the phone set. And even though the carpet is clean, but still there is a bit of bad odor, may be coming from the AC or the room needs to have fresh air. But next trip, I will be staying at this hotel because of all the advantages

Room Tip: Always insist on a non smoking room, and open the window for few minutes to have some fresh air
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jeddah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012 via mobile

I was expecting it's like other Movenpic hotels group but I was shocked from everything ...
Rooms & Locations are ok, even the old design I liked it... Free Internet is available
but services was a miserable, very bad restaurant ... Very limited parking spaces
Really I hated this hotel

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Movenpick Hotel Jeddah? Share your experiences!