“Steaks are below average” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Steaks are below average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I did not like this place. The stake was below average, not juicy, flavorless, and very dry. Other items were just OK but not amazing.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Saudi Arabia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The food is great, the atmosphere is not very good, I like the atmosphere of their branch in Riyadh better.

Visited February 2012
Philadelphia
“Mostly up to US Standards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I recently had dinner at this Outback restaurant and found it to be fairly similar and pretty authentic to Outback restaurants we have eaten in in the US. The decor and menu were mostly as expected and the recipes tasted authentic. The waiter was good, overall, and quite able to explain things in English. I ordered a NY Strip Steak medium well which I found a bit dry/grainy in the middle, but perhaps that could be the cut of meat. I more often order (and enjoy!) Ribeye steaks, so perhaps it's unfair to compare a NY Strip to a Ribeye. Despite the graininess in the middle, every bite was flavorful and well-seasoned. The mashed potatoes topped with cheese were also good and the surcharge for adding the cheese was very reasonable.
Overall, we got what we expected and were satisfied. They also seem to have a good lunch deal going on until 5 PM each day. One of the options even includes a small (6 oz?) steak with drink and soup or salad for a little over half the price of my dinner-sized steak by itself.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“The first Australian restaurant in Jeddah?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

One should try this place just for the Blooming Onions and the Farmer's bread, which is unlike anything else I've tried elsewhere.

Service, ambiance and menu are all good and the location is excellent with underground parking for which you have to disturb the security guard.

Visited November 2012
Islamabad, Pakistan
“surprise package”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife & I were really surprised to have a local waiter explain professionally to us the different items on the menu in fluent English & even made recommendations for our meals to which we acceded. I loved the broccoli soup and the steak was also up to the mark. My wife was satisfied with her seafood. Portions of the food were adequate for both of us. The property had good ambiance.Service was pretty good to the extent that you never got the feeling of being left unattended; the moment you thought of something, the waiter would appear smiling like Alladin's Ginni. A great cozy spot to have a great time & good food with your loved ones.

• Visited April 2012