“Good business hotel; but some issues” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #7 of 94 Hotels in Jeddah
Pretoria, South Africa
“Good business hotel; but some issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed for a week in the Blu Raddison Hotel in Jeddah for a business conference, also at the hotel.

Check in was not as quick as I would expect for a reservation, but nevertheless friendly. Good quality room and well equipped. Variety of TV channels. As is often found with Saudi hotels, the rooms are in heavy brownish colours, but comfortable with good quality bed and sheets.

I like a bath after long international flights although it was leaking water out as quickly as I could put it in. So had to settle for a shower. My wash basin could also hardly keep water in.

Very good internet and I appreciated the reliable access to my mails etc.

The restaurant is of average quality. Waiters are too few and also not very attentive. With supper it took 10 minutes before anyone asked if I wanted something to drink. With two breakfasts no one ask me if I wanted coffee as no waiter approached me or looked up at all. On the third day I made a point to ask for coffee as walked in - but received cold coffee - so didn't bother anymore - made coffee in my room.

I liked the gym with a good variety of quality equipment. There is unfortunately no swimming pool - real pity for Saudi!

The conference venue was very traditional and with lose everything as it doubles up as a banqueting hall. But it was reasonably functional although it had poor lighting for such a venue (again designed for banqueting). But all okay with friendly staff, good quality beverages and snacks.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your last stay.

We are glad to see that you was happy with our bed/bed sheets comfort, free high speed internet connection, room quality, equipment's, gym and snacks/beverage.

Also we apologize for the inconvenience for the shower and breakfast service issues, which we will use your feedback to fine-tune our operations, we hope to welcome you again to exceed your expectations.

Shakeel Al Hamid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here one night in Nov. Arrived very late and was to check out early. The hotel lobby and the hotel itself are pretty dated.

I was upgraded for the night but the room was pretty ok. Had a kitchenette, living room, bedroom and bathroom. But the main worry was the hotel was pretty dated and the furniture was very old.

The room felt dusty as well.

The breakfast was okay but could have been better.

The hotel is located on a main street but there are very few restaurants around. You will have to eat at the hotel and the choices for a vegetarian like me are extremeley limited.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your last stay.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine-tune our operations, we hope to welcome you again to meet your expectations.

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

this is my second visit for this hotel and many changes have been implemented.
the internet is great and the breakfast is much better.

the hotel is a non smoking hotel which is a good progress since I used to suffer from the heavy smoke in the lobby even though I am a smoker.

Room Tip: choose a room in he fifth floor to benefit from business lounge
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

We are happy that you felt the implemented improvements in the hotel.

It was great having you again and we look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Linz, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Seemed unlike most Radisson Blu properties, and have I stayed at many of those
Good for business traveler and within the main city
Rooms were average, seemed kind of "stuffy"
The service was good, particularly that of the limousine hiring service
Wanted to stay an extra hour over the standard check out time due to flight delays but was not obliged....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service.

We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

If you look for a good value hotel, the radisson is a good option. You shouldn't expect however a great experience.

The good points are the price, the friendly staff. the size of the rooms and the breakfast offers all what you expect.

The issues of this hotel are the rooms. They are a bit outdated and mine was smelling. It is in need of some renovation. I had a Splitting headache the next morning (which could not have been from a hangover obviously). I am not sure if it was from the smell in the room. Also the location is not ideal and the rooms have these small windows, which hardly let any light through. My colleague who also stayed in this hotel, had no problems, so I guess I just had bad luck.

I will never get back though, I rather pay the higher rate to get some more luxury and comfort.

• Stayed November 2013
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review.

We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room.

We will discuss the conditions of your room to ensure that guest rooms are up to Radisson Blu standards.

We will highly appreciate if we can have another chance to meet or exceed your expectations.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here in the month of Sept 2013. I was here as a business traveler and found it quite comfortable and affordable to stay in. Located in a good locality and with good connectivity to all areas of Jeddah.

The food is awesome and the breakfast can get a tad filling ! if you are not conscious of how much of the goodies you are actually consuming. I also found the spread very good for all types of nationalities who visit Jeddah.

Their Tabouleh is awesome. So is their Strong cuppa coffee in the lobby coffee shop.

The internet is complimentary and this was the best part of the deal.

I would anyday like to return to this hotel if in Jeddah again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Choose one of the non-smoking rooms if you want clean air to breathe after a har...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
We greatly appreciate that you chosen to stay with us and to take the time to write this review.

Its a nice source of happiness to see that you was satisfied with your stay and liked the comfort level, location, breakfast and our free internet.

We would be grateful to welcome you again on board.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel has seen some renovation across the year, but still needs more. I am a frequent visitor to the hotel since the 90's, and glad to see some rooms floors are improving but some are still the same.

I travel here at lest once a month for business on company contract with the hotel. Though I have some other options, the location on the center is a big advantage. The food here is so good, and the staff are so friendly.

They can do better on the renovation of the old rooms, the Internet connections are weak in some floors, and the turn down service should be faster.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this review, October 25, 2013

We are glad to have you as a repeated guest in our hotel and we highly appreciate your feed back and will use it to fine tune our operations and services.

looking forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Shakeel Al Hamid

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah? Share your experiences!