“uncomfortable night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Jeddah

You added Le Meridien Jeddah to your Saves list
Le Meridien Jeddah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Medinah Road | PO Box 11633, Jeddah 21463, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Jeddah
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“uncomfortable night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Room was booked in advance, upon arrival had to wait one hour for the room, little shop in reception closed, beds are too soft, ended up with back pain and unable to sleep properly, considered to sleep on the floor but carpet not very inviting.

the restaurant is small and the tables too close together, having to hear other people eating is not nice, the food is good, large variety during breakfast and a nice buffet for lunch, about 170 riyals for one person lunch.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
We highly appreciate your time and effort in giving us your comments.

We apologize for keeping you waiting to get your room as the hotel was overbooked that period and we will take note of your personal preferences.

Thank you once again for your comments.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Milton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have been to Jeddah just once for work and to be honest Le Meridien is a very nice hotel where to stay. Breakfast offers a good variety of choices and it was included, room is nice and clean, wifi internet it comes for free.
Strongly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your uplifting words and for recommending our hotel, a place to stay in Jeddah.

Thank you for your patronage and for using our Brand.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My stay started with useless conversation with concierge trying organise pick-up from the airpoirt and even after asking her how much will the taxi cost...answer was just...i dont know.
Oh well. Building itself is lookind nice as well as the lobby. After exiting the lift, corridors are infested with awfull moudly smell, AC is leaking everywhere and ceiling is falling of. The best is yet to come...the room had window facing inner atrium covered with red vinyl so it felt like staying in hell...literally. Otherwise the room was big, old fashioned and shabby but bed comfortable and bathroom decent. Perhaps you can ask for room facing outside but i am sure
it will be noisy. I was happy to stay only one night and will stay again? Not quite sure.

Room Tip: Facing outside.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time in giving us your comments; we highly appreciate it a lot.

We apologized for the negative experiences at our Concierge. Note that corrective measures have already been in placed so it will not happen again to our guests.

As for the humidity in the corridors, it is part of our ongoing soft-renovation on the guests floor corridors and rooms to correct those minor points and for the reddish ambient light at the atrium side it is simply a protective covering as we are expecting some rains.

Our rooms are noise-proof and even if you stay facing the busy-road side of the street you will not hear the noise coming from outside.

Once again we highly appreciate your time and efforts.

Beirut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights last July. The service was good, food was acceptable, staff receptive and hotel was clean. However, the hotel is very old looking. The lobby gives the impression of an hotel built in the 70s without any renovation.

Room Tip: High floors rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your time and effort for writing us your comments; we highly appreciate it a lot.

As for our lobby, the hotel now is undergoing its first soft renovation in our guest rooms and soon in our lobby and restaurant which is coming by phase. It will be a new perspective view of our hotel being a Le Méridien Brand in Jeddah.

Thank you once again for your patronage with us and for the Brand.

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

After seeing ratings on the net, I was a bit worried when I did my booking; the hotel is located close to the shopping center of Jeddah, rooms and bathroom are large, well equipped and clean. Friendly staff, but Check in/out was a bit slow. Very good breakfast included in the price. A bit overpriced as all hotels in Saudi Arabia.
My only two observation where about the selection of pillows (I would have preferred a softer one), and the stench of humidity in the corridors.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
We thank you for the positive impressions you experienced during your last stay with us and for your time in writing us your comments.

Corrective measures will be taken for the Check-in and Check-out experience to avoid further negative impressions with our guests.

As for the humidity in the corridors, it is part of our ongoing soft-renovation on the guests floor corridors and rooms to correct those minor points and for the pillows, we will look up to that subject as part of our customer’s voice.

Again thank you for your patronage with us and for the Brand.

Cairo, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Dear Sir,

I stayed in ( Meridien Jeddah ) during my business trip on ( 4 & 5 /9/2013 ) on one of the third floor's rooms.

I'm really got a very bad experience about the hotel. The hotel can't be rated more than 3 stars hotel by all meanings & I'm wonder how a big company such as Starwood has not checked and inspected their hotels periodically.

1-Reception staff have no eye contact and very poor welcoming.
I only just remember the receptionist words that ( The Internet usage with fees ) during finalising the check in.

2-Room is very old from everything (including furniture which is full with stains).

3-Once I checked in the room, I found there was a very bad sewage smell in the room. I spoke to the reception which he urged with me then I asked for the General Manger, then the receptionist came to my room and explained to me that this smell due to this room is a smoking room and this smell from the previous guest!!!!!

4-He changed the room for me which I found it was more wore st. Then I returned back to the first one!!!!

5-Breakfast food quality very bad & only one or two staff serving the hall restaurant and there was shouting between two chefs.

I believe this is not a starwood hotel standard.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your time and efforts for writing us your experiences during your recent stay with us.

We apologize for not meeting up your expectations and we are already looking up all the impressions you mentioned. Corrective measures are being taken for our staff so not to happen again with our loyal and future guests.

We would like as well to update you that we are about to complete our soft renovation on the 7th floor and we encourage you on your next visit with us to stay in one of the newly refurbished rooms blended in a modern contemporary design.

Again thank you for your patronage with us and for the Brand.

Amman, Jordan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel few times years back and it was great. Last week I experienced a very disappointing 2 days. The hotel service has gone down dramatically, the rooms need to be completely refurbished. It's unfortunately getting old and it seems this issue in not being taken seriously by the owners.
After all this supposedly is a five star hotel, however it has dropped to no more than three stars. Can you imagine that I had to pay for the Internet in my room? not only that but each device connected is charged accordingly. So if you have a computer and a mobile, you will pay double the price.
In any typical five star hotel, the most important factor in the room is the mattress. Unfortunately the sleep quality was horrible due to the age of the mattress. Springs were almost visible giving complete discomfort when trying to sleep.
Though I did not dine in any of their outlets, however I tried breakfast in the lobby. The service was very slow though I informed him I was in a hurry and the quality of food was not "The Meridien standard".
Not an enjoyable stay however next trip, I will need to find different alternatives.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, General Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We thank you and we highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliments.

First, we apologize for our shortcomings in our services in your last visit in the hotel and Corrective measures are being taken so not to happen again with our loyal and future guests. I would like to take this opportunity to tell you that we are about to complete our soft renovation on the 7th floor and we encourage you on your next visit with us to stay in one of the newly refurbished rooms blended in a modern contemporary design.

I humbly say also that though the room was not yet fitted into a modern style our entire guest rooms were kept cleaned and maintained accordingly. It is also equipped with comfortable mattress, a branded and modern mattress which is new in the market today.

We also provide fast internet connection in the guest rooms that you can even connect 03 devices at the same time.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and comments and we look forward in welcoming you back in your next trip to Jeddah and to experience the New Perspective of Le Méridien Jeddah hotel with its new refurbished rooms soon.

Jose Pinto