“A very bad experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Jeddah

You added Le Meridien Jeddah to your Saves list
Le Meridien Jeddah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Medinah Road | PO Box 11633, Jeddah 21463, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #20 of 94 Hotels in Jeddah
Cairo, Egypt
“A very bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Dear Sir,

I stayed in ( Meridien Jeddah ) during my business trip on ( 4 & 5 /9/2013 ) on one of the third floor's rooms.

I'm really got a very bad experience about the hotel. The hotel can't be rated more than 3 stars hotel by all meanings & I'm wonder how a big company such as Starwood has not checked and inspected their hotels periodically.

1-Reception staff have no eye contact and very poor welcoming.
I only just remember the receptionist words that ( The Internet usage with fees ) during finalising the check in.

2-Room is very old from everything (including furniture which is full with stains).

3-Once I checked in the room, I found there was a very bad sewage smell in the room. I spoke to the reception which he urged with me then I asked for the General Manger, then the receptionist came to my room and explained to me that this smell due to this room is a smoking room and this smell from the previous guest!!!!!

4-He changed the room for me which I found it was more wore st. Then I returned back to the first one!!!!

5-Breakfast food quality very bad & only one or two staff serving the hall restaurant and there was shouting between two chefs.

I believe this is not a starwood hotel standard.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your time and efforts for writing us your experiences during your recent stay with us.

We apologize for not meeting up your expectations and we are already looking up all the impressions you mentioned. Corrective measures are being taken for our staff so not to happen again with our loyal and future guests.

We would like as well to update you that we are about to complete our soft renovation on the 7th floor and we encourage you on your next visit with us to stay in one of the newly refurbished rooms blended in a modern contemporary design.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel few times years back and it was great. Last week I experienced a very disappointing 2 days. The hotel service has gone down dramatically, the rooms need to be completely refurbished. It's unfortunately getting old and it seems this issue in not being taken seriously by the owners.
After all this supposedly is a five star hotel, however it has dropped to no more than three stars. Can you imagine that I had to pay for the Internet in my room? not only that but each device connected is charged accordingly. So if you have a computer and a mobile, you will pay double the price.
In any typical five star hotel, the most important factor in the room is the mattress. Unfortunately the sleep quality was horrible due to the age of the mattress. Springs were almost visible giving complete discomfort when trying to sleep.
Though I did not dine in any of their outlets, however I tried breakfast in the lobby. The service was very slow though I informed him I was in a hurry and the quality of food was not "The Meridien standard".
Not an enjoyable stay however next trip, I will need to find different alternatives.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, General Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We thank you and we highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliments.

First, we apologize for our shortcomings in our services in your last visit in the hotel and Corrective measures are being taken so not to happen again with our loyal and future guests. I would like to take this opportunity to tell you that we are about to complete our soft renovation on the 7th floor and we encourage you on your next visit with us to stay in one of the newly refurbished rooms blended in a modern contemporary design.

I humbly say also that though the room was not yet fitted into a modern style our entire guest rooms were kept cleaned and maintained accordingly. It is also equipped with comfortable mattress, a branded and modern mattress which is new in the market today.

We also provide fast internet connection in the guest rooms that you can even connect 03 devices at the same time.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and comments and we look forward in welcoming you back in your next trip to Jeddah and to experience the New Perspective of Le Méridien Jeddah hotel with its new refurbished rooms soon.

Jose Pinto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I completely accept that different locations around the world have different levels of standards and development, but even bearing this in mind, this hotel fell below par.

The finishing felt old and tired, the corridors didn't smell great, an the room was just a little bit threadbare. The staff were perfectly friendly, but not proactive and it all felt just a little bit like the hotel and its management had given up. Considering a lot of time in Jeddah is spent at the hotel (or for me anyway as there was little to explore in the neighborhood) its wasn't a great place to be.

My understanding is though, that the city doesn't have that much to offer hotel wise (which is surprising) so I may just stick with 'the devil I know'.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, September 16, 2013

Medina, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is the second time I have been in Le Meridien Jeddah. And trust me when I say that the services were decreased from acceptable to bad. Starting from the room amenities moving to the restaurant food variety ending to the reception in how they handling the customer needs. I believe that the services quality should be able to get the hotel reputation from up to down and vice versa. All what I looking through booking in 5 stars hotel is the perfect standard service value, no matter about their sales promotion aspects.

• Stayed July 2013
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your time and efforts in writing us your experiences during your recent stay with us.

We apologize for not meeting up your expectations and we are already looking up all the impressions you mentioned. Corrective measures are being taken so not to happen again with our loyal and future guests.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

On a day off I would like to have lounged by the pool but because of Ramadam the pool is shut. WHY? Most guests in the hotel would not necessarily be observing this religious ritual so why limit our amenities. We are not allowed to eat, drink or smoke in public during this time but now the hotel doesn't even allow us to sunbathe. I have stayed in several Middle Eastern hotels during Ramadam but never have any of them forbidden swimming.
As I was with female colleagues I spent my free day sitting in my room. Not an enjoyable stay. Next time it will be one of the questions I ask before travelling.
I did sleep quite comfortably though and never once heard any outside noise.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for brining to us your comments and for the time spent in writing them.

As of our swimming pool service we are sorry to say that during the month of Ramadan it is the Country Customs and Culture that swimming or sunbathing in public pools like ours is restricted.

We apologize for the inconveniences and we highly appreciate your kind understanding.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed for 8 hours before flying to Istanbul as part of umra package

Room is very good for KSA standard. Bed is very comfy
Dinner buffet was quite yummy, wifi fast. Next to a mall with supermarket

Room is quite large for KSA prolly 32-36 sqm, tub-shower, toilet and separate bidet, which I find quite amusing as most hotels now provide toilet with bidet.

Have no complaint

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We are very glad to know that your recent stay with us delivers good and memorable experiences that you will cherished back home and shared with your love ones and friends.

Once again thank you for your patronage in our brand.

saudi arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

U had aTerrible experience
First found a very dirty sofa I asked them to change it.. Then very coldddd ac you cant control it to be wormer!! I asked them to fixed it as we were freezing like ice in the room they delayed for 1 hour it was 3 AM!! And he came and claim he fixed it but he need to fixe it again tomorrow..!!! All this for a very expensive rate!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your feedback and comments and we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us.

Rest assured that all your comments were handled by all concerned and corrective measures was applied in order to avoid same scenario again.

Once again thank you and we do hope to see you again experiencing our renovated rooms soon.

The Management

Been to Le Meridien Jeddah? Share your experiences!