“Standard fare” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Jeddah Hotel

You added Sheraton Jeddah Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Jeddah Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   On North Corniche | PO Box 14315, Jeddah Jeddah 21424, Saudi Arabia   |
Ranked #20 of 94 Hotels in Jeddah
London, United Kingdom
“Standard fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed one night here on business trip to the area. I arrived late, and after checking in was told that my room was in the next building, so I had to go outside (still over 30 degrees) and walk to the next block. Not what I needed at all after a long journey.
It was an SPG room and in general was OK. Bed was nice - up to usual Sheraton quality. Water was provided, as is standard in the region, and there was a nespresso machine, which made for a nice coffee in the morning.
Bathroom was where it was badly let down. Very small, and shower cubicle leaked so the floor was soon sopping wet.
Breakfast was passable, but not a great choice, and expensive for what you get. Was quite happy it was only one nights stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the main building - it is too hot to walk outside, especially if you are dress...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Peter S
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve, we have passed on the relevant information to the departments and we are grateful for your feedback.
Further more our hotel is having a major renovation and at end of 2015 you will find a brand new hotel of course with large bathrooms.
Warm regards,
executive Office
Abdul Basit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The reviews on here are a mixed bag, so I was a bit concerned when the Hilton was full and my clients booked me in here instead. But there was really nothing to worry about!
Maybe my expectations are low, but I travel on business around the Middle East a lot so at least I'm relatively well calibrated when it comes to 4 and 5 star hotels in the region. This is a similar age to the Intercon in Muscat, but is honestly doing much better for it.
My first floor, sea view room was absolutely fine, with a sliding door out to a (utility) terrace overlooking the pool. I probably wasn't meant to be out there, but it had a nice view!
I had dinner in the Chinese restaurant which was lovely, although the portions were absolutely giant. A set meal could probably feed 2 people! I was up too early to bother with breakfast.

My only gripe was that they didn't arrange my car to the airport for me, despite me asking on check in and confirming again after dinner. I only noticed when they printed my bill and it wasn't there! Luckily no-one else seemed to want to go to the airport at 6:45am on a Friday so there was a car available...

I'd come back without hesitation if my clients ever book me in here again - a nice change of scenery from the Hilton if nothing else!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Sir,
thank you for your kind review of our hotel – I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please let us know when you return again – we look very much forward to welcome you back!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The room I stayed was recently renovated, I was there on business so I never really left the hotel arrived at 7.00pm at night and left at 06.30 am the next morning.

Service was good, food was ok took the standard buffet for dinner and fresh fruit and coffee for breakfast, service was good, staff were friendly all in cant complain. other than the cost was on the high side.

Room Tip: Make sure you get one of the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear BillyD6,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I spend more time than I'd like to at the Sheraton in Riyadh, and whilst that is certainly not one of Starwood's finer properties, if you were to compare the Riyadh Sheraton to the Jeddah Sheraton then Riyadh suddenly starts to look like a 7 star property!

The above assessment is in no way intended to paint the Riyadh property in a hugely positive light, merely to illustrate just how poor the Jeddah Sheraton is - very bad!

The hotel is currently mid way through a multi year refurbishment program, (so it's not going to be finished for a couple of years yet), and boy doesn't need it. Tired just doesn't describe it!

Everything you come into contact with, from the lobby to your room, to the public areas are just SO tired they are beyond shabby and dirty.

I was recently "upgraded" to a suite in the main building. Huge mistake. The suite was a collection of out dated, tatty, dirty rooms that smelt terribly of smoke (and I'd booked a non smoking room). I couldn't get any hot water out of the shower (no matter how long I let the water run) and even the largest towels provided were really no more than a large hair towel.

If you have to stay at this hotel, my advice is to demand a refurbished room in one of the annexes. They are at least (largely) clean, functional and recently refurbished.

The "Executive Lounge" is simply a disgrace. A joke. Don't waste your time going.

The hotel's main restaurant has recently been refurbished, and the decor is a pleasant change to the rest of the hotel, but the food selection rather lets it down (belonging back with the rest of the tired / dated hotel). Both breakfast & dinner belong in a 3 star (at very best a 4 star) hotel.

It's encouraging (to those of us that drink it) that decaffeinated coffee is available for you to make yourself in your room, alongside the regular brew and tea etc. However, ask for decaf in the restaurant at breakfast and your met with a look that implies your the first person in the world to have ever used the word decaf or decaffeinated, and your told "No sir, we don't have that here!". Go figure!

I'm a Platinum SPG member, so I'd like to think (& I do believe) that I get treated as well as any other guest visiting this (or any other SPG) hotel. I won't return here as long as I have any other option.

I'd encourage anyone reading this review to think long and hard before making your reservation here. If you do so, arrive with your eyes wide open, and with low expectations.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your observations at the Sheraton Jeddah. As we have also expressed in our earlier off-line communication please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory stay with us, and our invitation to return to a newly renovated suite to experience the new Sheraton Jeddah.
The hotel is indeed going through a major renovation and expansion. To date over 55% of our rooms have been renovated to modern, bright standards and we have commenced on renovating the remaining Club Rooms. This renovation, which includes everything from plumbing and wiring to the soft furnishings, is phased in order to ensure continuity of service and minimal disruption to the usual hotel operation. Upon completion in 2015 the Sheraton will offer some of the largest rooms in the city featuring the most up to date facilities, as well as a new Club Lounge triple the size of the existing facility, which also features an outer desk overlooking the Red Sea. In the mean time the hotel has already opened the first of the 3 new restaurants. Our new reception and expanded lobby will open later this month, followed by a new Lobby Café and 2 further restaurants in the hotel gardens late 2014.
Once again our apologies. Despite the negative impression we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and demonstrate that positive change is indeed coming to the Sheraton Jeddah.

Yours sincerely, Abdulbasit Zia, Executive Office
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is rather old and it would need lots of works and refurbishments.
Definetly old style, probably from 80s or before, lobby very sad and depressing, all services under the standards, no atmosphere.
However suite rooms are quite big , in terms of space, but old furniture and noisy air conditioning. I was expecting more from a Sheraton hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Dda10000
Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay at Sheraton Jeddah. We are truly sorry that your recent stay was not up to your expectation.
Sheraton Jeddah is having a big renovation now a days. The first phase of renovation, the new lobby is opening next week. Rest of the renovation will be completed in mid on 2015.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share a comprehensive review of your stay and we truly hope that you will allow us the opportunity to extend our warm Sheraton hospitality to you in the future.
Best Regards,
milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Location
Great Location in front of the sea, Le corniche, with a beautiful open swimming pool and a place for sun bath. The garden surround of swimming pool is beautiful.

Hotel
'70 style lobby under renovation (March 2014)

Room
I had room 203, again '70 style, bad smell, not possible to open window. I reserved and paid with booking.com a room with balcony but they gave me this room without. I asked why and they told me no rooms have balcony. After check in I went to swimming pool outside and I saw rooms facing the sea have balcony.... I was so surprised of this answer form 5 star hotel....

Breakfast
Good, fresh but like a standard 4 stars hotel

Personell
Kind, polite but sad. They seem remained in the past when the hotel was built.

Final conclusion
For 300 euro per night I expected a 5 stars hotel but it was only a 3/4 stars hotel. Nothing more.
In my opinion has no sense to spend that money this way.
I travel many time in Jeddah but won't stay anymore.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Stefano,

Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us in Jeddah. It was good to read that you enjoyed most of our facilities and the garden. Please accept our apologies regarding the miscommunication concerning the room and balcony. Whilst the communication could and should have been much clearer, it is in fact true that the bedrooms do not feature balconies, as the balconies you observed in the hotel tower all belong to the suites. We will also be contacting booking.com to ensure that the information on their website is accurate. Furthermore we do suggest to book via the Sheraton.com website in the future. This site is under our hotel control and therefore contains accurate and up to date information, has the lowest rates and booking via this site (or through a travel agent) allows you to earn SPG points. These points in turn allow you free nights in Starwood properties around the world in return for your loyalty and time spent away from your family and friends on business travel.
Whilst your particular room as well as the lobby are awaiting their renovation and modernization (the new reception will open in a few weeks), over 50% of our rooms – all in the deluxe category – have been renovated in the past 3 years. On a future visit and to experience more modern rooms we do suggest you to book these rooms (although these particular rooms do not feature sea view). We are confident that you will feel in the current era in these rooms.
Once again thank you very much for your feedback which is much appreciated and is another motivator for us to move the renovation as fast as feasible. Obviously we do face some physical restrictions in our renovation timeline as the hotel remains fully operational with minimal disruption to our guests. Despite your statement you will not return we do hope you will give us a second chance. The room rates on Sheraton.com vary with availability and length of stay, and are not always Euro 300 per night!

Yours truly

Abdulbasit Zia, Executive Office
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

After 4 years I was visited this hotel again. Renovations almost complete, total revamp you can say. The gym is now marvelous, room furniture and bathrooms great. Very friendly staff. Ground floor restaurant better, food selection relatively improved but there is more room. Need to reconsider the Chinese Restaurant, or at lest a new chef who knows how to cook Chinese food.

Room Tip: Nakheel Wing is a little more quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear sagirsultan,
thank you for your kind review of our hotel – I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please let us know when you return again – Our Chinese Restaurant "Xian Gong" is closed for renovation also. At mid of year we will have a brand new Chinese and far east food restaurant. we look very much forward to welcome you back!
Executive Office

Been to Sheraton Jeddah Hotel? Share your experiences!