This hotel has some ups and downs. It's not representative of the best the InterContinental brand is capable of offering, though it's a bit older than some, and also a bit off the beaten track. Rooms and amenities were at the expected standard, though you may find yourself wondering about the surprisingly short beds if you're a tall person. The restaurants are very nice and the location is very convenient. There are some renovations going on at the moment, but they are being handled very unobtrusively. For its few flaws, I'd stay here again, although there's a lot of competition in the area. I do give high points to the concierge, who was probably one of the best I've dealt with here in the Kingdom.
International travelers will be happy to note that a number of languages are spoken by the hotel staff. The lobby is huge and very comfortable for lingering over coffee.
- Great location on the Al Hama Corniche. Prime views of the King Fahd Fountain
- Good Food - Ferdaus, the buffet restaurant, and Spears, the Brazilian BBQ were top notch.
- Huge Gym - Felt like you were at a small fitness club. Also a separate facility for the ladies.
- Comfortable for Westerners - Good for business travel. Helps mitigate the culture shock
- Late checkout for Ambassador members is a HUGE perk. The airport is miserable.
- Responsive and helpful concierge desk.
The "Needs Work"
- Availability of Club Level rooms was lacking, particularly as an Ambassador member
- The so-called premium room with the fountain view was obstructed by the restaurant building
- Jeddah tends to be an expensive city, but this was 5-star pricing for a 4-star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A GRACIOUS RETREAT OVERLOOKING THE RED SEA InterContinental Jeddah’s appeal goes beyond its locale just five minutes from downtown and the commercial district. Tahlia Street boutiques, the Old Town of Al Balad, Jeddah Fountain and scuba diving in the Red Sea are a few of the popular attractions nearby. The Holy Cities of Makkah and Madinah are short drives away... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Jeddah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.