“Upscale in Saudi Arabia” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Jeddah

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Hotel Jeddah to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Jeddah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Hamra Corniche | P.O. Box 41855, Jeddah 21531, Saudi Arabia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #6 of 87 hotels in Jeddah
Kingston
“Upscale in Saudi Arabia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a luxury hotel although I would not classify it as "luxuriant." The palm lined driveway and the spacious lobby with fountain adds to the feeling of a high-end hotel. The rooms are clean and well appointed but the room felt a little cramped. Expect to pay a premium price for the hotel and the value for the money is average. The location is very good, close to the beach and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

it was pleasure to stay at this proparty agin, remembering my childhood when i was kids i used to stay at this hotel beacuse it was the great one in jeddah, the hotel rooms resintly redsigned but dontcomparing with other hotels around beacuse it was not inercontinental standerd, there is club floor with reception and loung, the check in andcheck out within one minute it was great the room service and laundry is good also but pricy, i like the lobby area its still great is i rebmber it.

Room Tip: get the room sea view(fountin view) there is no differnt betwin exective room and standerd it all s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear alsheikh86,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Jeddah as your hotel preference. We are highly motivated by your words and ensure you that we shall continue to strive for excellence. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is one of the best ones I've ever stayed in, from the very first moment I walked in. What hit me immediately was an intense (natural) smell of fresh chrysanthemums. There were hundreds of them decorated around a beautiful fountain, tiled Arabian-style, in the middle of the lobby.

Some hotel lobbies invite you to sit and relax in a chair, while having a chat and ordering coffee, but the decorators went for the 'wow' effect instead. Thus, there is no general sitting area in the main lobby - although there are places on the side.
Everything is beautiful decorated.

I had a very comfortable room, just for myself, with 2 double beds as comfortable as clouds.
The coffee and tea tray is in a very handy spot and very well laid out.

Although I resisted the snack 'temptations' offered in the mini-bar, I was quite impressed at the selection of chocolates, nuts, etc. with some of them being exclusive brands.

The staff is very kind and helpful - even to me, a female traveling alone in the Arab world.

The breakfast buffet is also one of the best. I was seated in a 'family section' of the restaurant - for single females and families - to separate us from the single men there. (Fine with me!)
There are also restaurants (a MicDonald's right next door) in the immediate area, though I had no need to explore having so many great choices of things to eat in the hotel.

MInus point: no two-prong plugs in the bathrooms for women's electric hair gadgets, though there was a good blow dryer.

All in all, the price I paid for my stay there was very, very good in comparison to what I got.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Qatif
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Clean hotel with good rooms
I went there for business trip and I was happy of this choice. I paid 200$ per nite
I would recomend it.
The location is very nice close to good places and resturants also close to the sea

• Stayed February 2013
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on InterContinental Jeddah. We are very glad that you were satisfied with the hotel services.

We will look forward to welcome you back in the near future and please let me know personally if I may be of any assistance.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Nice hotel with very good facilities. Rooms are large and well stocked. It's not the cheapest and is a little far from the downtown business areas. One issue though, is that all the mains sockets in the room are so close to the floor it's almost impossible to plug in a standard Apple charger

Room Tip: Be in the IHG rewards programme - they are very good for upgrades
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at InterContinental Jeddah and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Indeed we are thrilled as to your overall positive comments.

Should travel ever bring you back to this part of the world I would appreciate if you could contact my office directly.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Last weekend I was in the hotel for 2 nights with my small family, we really enjoyd in this fantastic Hotel, staff very friendly, warm welcoming, best food in Jeddah.

I used the hotel before and every time I visit this hotel I see the real hosbitilaty and I feel at my home.

Thanks for all for making my visit to Jeddah wooooow.

• Stayed February 2013
It is an absolute delight read your amazing review. These moments when we receive an excellent feedback from one of our valuable guests, it’s making our hours of hard work seems nothing compared to the satisfaction we achieve.

We will look forward to welcome you back during your coming visit to Jeddah. And please let me know personally if I may be of any assistance to you.

Belfast, NI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

For: near coast, secure, range of restaurants. WiFi is reliable.
Against: you have to log in to the WiFi every 8 hrs. The restaurant buffet is expensive. The AC in my room was noisy. They refused entry to a taxi that was picking me up!

• Stayed February 2013
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on InterContinental Jeddah, We regret very much the inconvenience that may be caused to you.

Your productive comments will be taken into consideration.

Hotel Manager

Been to InterContinental Hotel Jeddah? Share your experiences!