“Wonderful people and location!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Direct Booking Offers
Ranked #20 of 226 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Wonderful people and location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Apple Guesthouse thanks to Jimmy and the wonderful staff. They picked us up and dropped us off at the airport, arranged our excursions and even washed our laundry. They were full of helpful advice like buying food to give the monks rather than just taking their pictures. We even went to evening prayers and mediation for an amazing experience. Apple is right near the heart of town with a short walk to the night market, restaurants and the temples. The rooms are small but comfortable and there is a great deck for relaxing. We loved Luang Prabang and our stay at Apple Guesthouse.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hi to all your family,
What wonderful parents you are to take your children on the trip of a life time. It was a pleasure to have you come and stay and your boys were so good to go to the temple and listen to the chanting and then to give the monks some food. I think it is important to expose our kids to all types of cultures and experiences of the world. I hope the rest of your travels are truly wonderful for you all.
Take care
Robyn & Jimmy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed at Apple guesthouse after a month long trip up the coast of Vietnam and I can honestly say that this was the most delightful place that accommodated me in Asia. I stayed at the guesthouse for 8 nights (was originally only booked for 5 nights). Jimmy, the owner, his wife and his receptionist were some of the most friendliest people I had met on my trip. Jimmy speaks very good English, if not fluent, as he has spent a lot of time in Australia.
Luang Prabang was my first encounter with Laos and upon my arrival, I too sure about what I wanted to do in the town. But after discussions with Jimmy and doing my own research, I had to set out to book tours, boats, buses and cooking classes. Much to my surprise, Jimmy took care of all of that for me!! I went to the Kuang Si waterfalls, Pak Ou caves by boat, Tamarind cooking class...booked and paid all at the guesthouse!! So convenient when you're still getting used to a new country and town. What I paid the guesthouse was consistent prices that we're being charged elsewhere so I was comfortable I wasn't being taken advantage of too.
Jimmy made the guesthouse feel incredibly homely. I had asked him if I could put something in his fridge on my last day and I remember him saying to me "make this your home" which was really lovely. He even let me borrow his personal laptop computer overnight when I had to do my university timetable at 5am Laos time (9am Australia time) and I wasn't sure I could get it done on my smartphone. This was not something I would've expected but just shows how lovely he is.
Apple guesthouse always had hot water, bed was the most comfortable I'd slept in in a month!! Air con worked a treat.
Always complimentary tea, coffee and water on the balcony. Personal laundry service was 10,000kip/kg, so just over $1 per kg. Nice cozy rooms, not a lot of them which meant it remained relatively quiet. Perfect location!! Luang Prabang is a quiet town but the location was also about 3 minutes walk from the main street, which is enough to keep noise at bay. Really can't think of any cons. I stayed for 8 nights and will do it again when I come back to Luang Prabang. Thanks Jimmy

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hi Stephen,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. It was great that you threw yourself into Luang Phrang and went on lots of excursions and therefore got a lot of different experiences to remember Luang Phrabang by. As you will agree the people in Laos try very hard to make sure all travellers are happy with their experiences in this third world country.
We will love to have you stay again and we will make sure you get to do some other exciting tours and excursions.
Come again
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed 10 days at the Appleguest House. The room was clean, bed was ok, still a not hard, pillows were good. Always had hot water.

The location was a three minute walk to the tourist street or ten second walk to the river.

The owner and staff were always helpful and accommodating.

WiFi was just ok.

Nice little patio on the second floor to have a drink before supper.

There might be a charge to clean room everyday, but not 100% sure.

Certainly would stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Dan,
Thank you for staying at Apple GH. it was a pleasure to have you both. We change all your sheets and towels every 3rd day of your stay for free. And a small fee of $4 if you wish to have it more often. This small fee is to encourage people to be green and save the detergents from running into our natural resources. Also we are a Guest House and not a hotel and we don't have commercial washing & drying machines. Everything is dried in the sun and because we are right in the centre of town space is very limited for drying.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we welcome you back any time in the future.
Take care
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The location is very convenient and the rooms themselves are all very nice, the entire building is well looked after.
Jimmy the owner/host was incredibly hospitable, we stayed for 4 nights over Chinese New Year, so there were a lot of people about and may activities were booked out but Jimmy had the connections to arrange us scooter hire, great recommendations for things to do and even better - when we realised we hadn't booked our last night and he was full he called around everywhere to find a room for us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you Dan, for staying at the Apple Guest House. We try very hard to make all our guest happy and do our best to find the best deals for you with tours and excursions etc. It has warmed up nicely here now in Luang Phrang and sun is shining every day. If you come to Laos again, then try and come at the end of the wet season Oct, Nov, the country side looks lush and green beyond your imagination, with rice fields and vegetable gardens smiling after the wet season.
Happy Travels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The superior room is really nice and comfortable, the location is perfect, just a few steps from the Royal Palace andthe Mekong river. This room has a beautiful private balcony, so much romance! The staff is kind.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Patrizia,

On behalf of Apple Guesthouse I would like to say thank you very much for your awesome review that you haven to an Apple G.H. so i appreciate your effort. Patrizia, I am so glad to hear that you had good time and enjoyed your stay at Apple Guesthouse. I hope Apple Guesthouse would have a chance to service you again in the near future.

Warm Regards
Gympie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Apple in early January and found it excellent overall. We took a family room as this was all that was available (we are a young couple) but Jimmy, the owner, kindly dropped the price for us. The room was huge and the entire guesthouse was spotlessly clean. The wifi worked really well and the communal balcony with coffee and tea-making facilities was a nice touch. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and we felt well looked after the whole time. Jimmy and his parents were also great at recommending attractions in Luang Prabang. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Happy Australia Day,
The weather here is still very cool in the morning and evenings and warms up nicely in the day.
If you are now back in Australia I know you will be feeling the heat.
So glad to met you both and hope to see you again sometime.
Keep those back packs close for your next adventure.
Jimmy & his mum
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

A few meters from the Mekong and steps from the main road and the center of town this is an excellent budget find...very quiet and clean with super helpful hosts. The new owners have plans to do a little more decorating etc to make their guests feel more pampered....highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hi Guys,
What a great time you had while you were Laung Phrabang. Thank you for your kind review we are trying our best to make all our guest happy with their stay.
Happy Travels for the future
Jimmy & Jimmy's Mum

Been to Apple Guesthouse? Share your experiences!