I booked this hotel having seen a review in Hip Hotel Guide Asia and high expectations, particularly as the price $100 per night is dear for this part of the world.
The accommodation was a mosquito infested shed in the garden - everything felt dark, shabby and grubby. The black resin bathrooms and stepping on a massive cockroach in the night did nothing to enhance the experience. I looked at several other rooms in the main house and whilst they were equally dark are probably a better bet than the garden
Breakfast is served in the garden and I did not see the table cloths changed once - very much needed judging by the stains. The guest lounge area in the main house is a comfortable eclectic mix of antiques, however at night it also became mosquito infested and we couldnt get the music to work.
After 2 days of my husband being ill, we checked into the Maison Souvannahpouh which was a beautiful, calm and cool oasis - thoroughly recommended and only $20 extra per night
- Also Known As:
- Satri House Hotel
- Satri House Hotel Luang Prabang
- Satri Hotel Luang Prabang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Satri House was built at the turn of the last century as the residence of Prince Souphanouvong. This building owns to Unesco Heritage. Satri House was refurbished in 2002 by Mrs. Lamphoune Voravongsa and has been run since as a hotel. During 2008 and 2012 the hotel has been enlarged with the addition of more colonial style buildings consisting of 14 Deluxe rooms, 14 junior suites and 3 Satri House suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Satri House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.