This was our 4th visit to Luang Prabang and I was really looking forward to staying at the Satri Housefor the first time. Despite all the other glowing reviews unfortunately it just didn't push all the buttons for us. There are lovely antiques all over the hotel and the rooms and bathrooms are very stylishly decorated and well appointed with beautiful asian pieces of furniture and touches but... Most particularly the rooms were noisy. Not because of the cockerels as in Luang Prabang you can't escape them but they are very echoey. I don't know whether the walls are hollow, but it was as if our neighbours were in the same bedroom except they weren't being noisy. The staff are lovely and very friendly but lack training and speak little English. Breakfast in particular was a shambles. Most mornings there were several staff milling about but no-one actually in charge. In four mornings we were never actually given a menu although they do exist so we would look around at what everyone else had and order from there. I ordered breakfast one morning which never arrived although the owner who arrived after us was served immediately. Reception is manned overnight but not by any managers until around 9.30am so if you have a question requiring an answer you need to wait. Not ideal if sightseeing starts at 9 o'clock. It was quite cold whilst we were in Luang Prabang. I think when the weather is better this hotel would come more alive as it is in a lovely setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Satri House was built at the turn of the last century as the residence of Prince Souphanouvong. This building owns to Unesco Heritage. Satri House was refurbished in 2002 by Mrs. Lamphoune Voravongsa and has been run since as a hotel. During 2008 and 2012 the hotel has been enlarged with the addition of more colonial style buildings consisting of 14 Deluxe rooms, 14 junior suites and 3 Satri House suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Priceline, Despegar.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Satri House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Satri House Hotel Luang Prabang
- Satri Hotel Luang Prabang