“try the zipline!” 5 of 5 stars

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
10 attraction reviews
“try the zipline!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

the waterfall was so inviting for all visitors to take a dip. and they have the zipline as well, an activity definitely worth trying for the nature-lover.

Visited September 2011

• Thai first
Newcastle, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit to either here or Kuang Si”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Lovely waterfalls, a shame it was too cold to swim at the time of year my partner and i visited. The elephants nearby didn't seem to be treated as nicely as they should though which was a downer on the place.

Visited December 2011
Terrigal, Australia
23 attraction reviews
“Better than Kouang Si Waterfall.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Not many people here. Some of the elephant treks end here so we got to swim with elephants. Pristine waterfalls and crystal clear pool for swimming. Loved it.

Visited December 2011
Toronto, Canada
15 attraction reviews
“Somewhat overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

A lot of tour companies plan trips to Tad Sae waterfall. I visited as part of a tour I did of the Elephant Village sanctuary. We ended up taking a boat out to the waterfall after the elephant rides/bathing we did at the sanctuary. Tad Sae waterfall is nice but overrun with tourists. It's worth going but I think I would have felt very disappointed if I had gone there on a tour that was organized exclusively around seeing the waterfalls. The water falls are interesting to see because they look like a set out of a hollywood movie. There are also elephants you can ride near the falls. If you want to go for an elephant ride though, I would recommend going to an actual elephant sanctuary like Elephant Village. You'll have a much better experience in an environment that seems much better for the elephants.

I ziplined around Tad Sae waterfall which was definitely a lot of fun. It's definitely worth doing. You'll have two guides - one to lead you and one to take pictures. I felt a bit strange about the picture taking at the time but I have to say that I am incredibly to have the photos!

Overall, it's worth tacking Tad Sae waterfall onto another tour or expedition (e.g. to Elephant Village). I personally would not want to spend all day there or to make it the focus of my day.

Visited November 2011
Perth
11 attraction reviews
“Elephants and waterfalls-what a combination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011 via mobile

We visited the Tad Sae waterfalls especially to see elephants and I was not disappointed. I was initially reluctant to ride an elephant, but as it was the only way I was going to get really close to one, I allowed myself to be persuaded. I couldn't get the grin off my face, once I got used to the rocking sensation. The Mahout took my camera and jumped down to the ground and left the elephant to walk along with us riding. Only problem- the elephant stopped every few meters for another banana! It was a good thing we had bought plenty at the beginning of the trek. After a short ride through jungle we turned and headed back to the waterfalls, where the elephant entered the water. A great way to see the beautiful falls and the colors of the water. after we had reached dry land again we got to stand next to our elephant and feed her sugarcane, talk to and stroke her.
I recommend this activity to anyone who loves animals, nature and waterfalls.