“Loveliest shop in Luang Prabang” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garden of Eden Shop

Garden of Eden Shop
Across the Bamboo Bridge; Walk up the Stair. We are on the Right next to Dyen Sabai restaurant | Phanluang Village, Luang Prabang, Laos
+856 71 410 456
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 20 Shopping in Luang Prabang
More attraction details
Owner description: Make Your Own jewelry. Free Jewelry Making Class, learn how to stitch, weave, embroidery and more techniques,relaxed atmosphere in the garden, that are sure to provide any participant with a unique experience Kop Jai!!!
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Loveliest shop in Luang Prabang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Found this fabulous hand-made jewellery shop by chance, and our little look around soon became a few hours. The couple who run this shop are so welcoming its almost like reuniting with old friends! Very much a must-see, and a wonderful alternative to the more touristy side of Luang Prabang. The nearby paper village and wood-fired pizza restaurant make crossing the bamboo bridge (when it's there) a real treat. Also a pleasant walk around across the main bridge.

Hanoi, Vietnam
“A sanctuary of nature, art and culture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I absolutely loved my time spent at the garden of Eden with Nic and Lan. Now that I am back working in suburbia I cant stop thinking about it. Hospitality second to none in South East Asia, you can learn so much from them and it is in the most tranquil, lush green and natural environment. Allot of fun don't miss it!

Visited March 2013
“My Most Memorable Day in SE Asia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

A friend of mine sent me to Nik and Lan at the Garden of Eden with the assurance that "they will take care of (me)." They certainly did. During my first visit, Nik sat down with me and taught me a bunch of Lao words that were incredibly useful during my time in the country. A few days later we spent an entire day together- visiting the beautiful Tad Se waterfall, picking vegetables from their family garden, shopping in a local market, cooking lunch on the riverside, going out for a "western" dinner, and finally out to a few local bars : ). And they refused to let me pay for ANY of it (except dinner, and that was tough to pull off!). I have never met a couple with a greater capacity for kindness and a willingness to share it with others. That being said, their cute jewelry shop is incredible as well. When Lan isn't busy stitching his fishing net, he helps Nik make beautiful handmade jewelry. I bought THE perfect necklace for my girlfriend and a necklace-earing set for my mom. I loved the necklace for my mom, but noticed there were no matching earrings. All I had to do was ask, and Nik immediately suggested that I design something! Now, I had ZERO experience designing jewelry, but it actually turned out quite nice- my mom loved the set and wore it on Thanksgiving for all to see! : ) THANK YOU Nik & Lan- so glad and privileged to call you guys friends!

Pisa, Italy
4 attraction reviews
“The garden of dreams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Sometimes it's difficult to choose the name of a shop: it is not the case of Nik and Laan's jewelry workshop, because it just describes the feeling you get when you enter this magical place, and which you don't forget so easily.
It is a garden of dreams, with all those cleverly composed vivid colors and beautiful materials from which Nik's artefacts are made of: an organical collection of necklaces, rings and earrings, bracelets and other small objects that make part of their artistic research.
It is a garden of dreams, because the owners of this unique workshop have one big dream, which they are really happy to share with anyone curious enough: to make original and artisanal jewellery uniquely designed at low prices, so that anyone can buy a beautiful and authentic souvenir or a nice present to bring home from Luang Prabang. In this lovely small city you won't easily find other places with this genuine character: we were happily surprised that not everybody just follows the mass of shops by selling either traditional and expensive handicrafts or inexpensive and rarely useful souvenirs.
An original idea supported by Nik's and Laan's creativity and good mood, where you can even learn how to make your own jewels. We arrived at sunset: too late to attend to a class, but early enough to have a long inspiring chat and to buy what we considered to be the nicest pieces.
Normally I would suggest to hurry and buy until their prices are low, but since it is their smart mission not to drain your wallet, just walk carefully along the fancy seasonal bamboo bridge that leads to their shop and to the equally surprising restaurant nearby. It is the kind of experience that will make your day in charming Luang Prabang.

Melbourne, Australia
“Authentic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

A genuinely lovely couple working out of their shop next to the Dyen Sabai Restaurant- across the river by boat or bamboo bridge depending on the season and within waking distance from My Beautiful Resort. Really contemporary pieces available for all ages and styles which makes it a great 'one stop shop' for gifts. This includes pieces sustainably made from magazines.
Not only do Laan and Nick create beautiful products but they are also incredibly kind and make for a truly authentic modern Lao experience.