“Such a welcoming place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garden of Eden Shop

Garden of Eden Shop
Across the Bamboo Bridge next to Dyen Sabai restaurant | Phanluang Village, Luang Prabang, Laos
+856 71 410 456
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 15 shopping in Luang Prabang
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Make Your Own jewelry. Free Jewelry Making Class, learn how to stitch, weave, embroidery and more techniques,relaxed atmosphere in the garden, that are sure to provide any participant with a unique experience Kop Jai!!!
Chiang Mai, Thailand
50 attraction reviews
“Such a welcoming place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We'd been in Luang Prabang when we finally wanted to see what was across the bamboo bridge over the Nam Khan. We saw a small sign for this shop on the city side, and knew nothing else about the place.

We walked across on a rainy afternoon, and were so glad we did!

The owners were inside working on various jewelry pieces for the shop, and invited us to look around, try on whatever we wanted, and otherwise make ourselves at home.

Of course my craft-loving fiance was loving all the varieties of local beadwork, and she spent what seemed like hours on the computer with the owner looking at different art projects like old friends.

The store has a variety of jewelry in different local styles, as well as some other handicrafts made right there in the shop or in the local villages. They said they liked the place to feel like home to their customers, and they are succeeding very well on that front.

They have plans to add onto the store, and by the time we get back there in high season, the place should feel even more welcoming!

There are tons of trinket shops around Southeast Asia, but this one was somehow different to me. Perhaps it was the way the owners treated us, or the completely one-off local handicrafts, but it was worth crossing that bridge on a rainy day to experience!

Visited June 2013

Bangalore, India
“Creative pieces of Jewellery from 'Garden of Eden'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Laos is a very beautiful country and I have been to many cities. One gets to see many Jewellery shops around the country which are mass produced and all similar. However, I had been to the restaurant on the other side of the Bamboo bridge and accidentally saw two smiling faces. They were not even selling anything. But their welcoming attitude made me very curious and we ended up speaking more. They were Nic and Lan. I was so surprised when I saw the beautiful jeweleries made by Nic. I must say that all that is made at leisure and lot of time spent on each one. The best part is they never asked to buy this or that which is rare thing with sellers. Must visit for my next time in Luang Prabang.

Visited April 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful jewelry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this little place while biking around Luang Prabang you cross this bamboo bridge and it leads you right to it. My boyfriend and I spend around 30 mins at least in there all the jewelry is so gorgeous and very well priced it was so hard to choose what we wanted! My boyfriend got his mom and great necklace and I got a pair or earrings, ring and necklace. We chatted with the two people who worked there and they we so sweet and great to talk too.
The only ting I'm a little sad about it a few jewels have fallen off the ring but what can yah do.

Even if you go just to look aroud it's a fun thing to do for an afternoon as there's a little village close by as well :)

Visited June 2013
Luang Prabang, Laos
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Ran into the store by chance and was received extremely friendly. Ended up chatting to Nic for ages and found it very interesting. The store itself is great as well, with different type of jewellery. You can see that Nic puts lots of thought into everything she does and is very keen to please anyone who walks in. I can only highly recommend crossing the bamboo bridge and have a look for yourself!

Visited November 2012
“Feeling home in Laos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We crossed the bamboobridge and ran into the Garden of Eden. Such a lovely little jewelry shop and all Nic made is one of a kind! It's beautifull and Nic and Lan are such friendly people! It felt like we allready knew them for a long time and we kept visiting them because they where so nice!!
We recommend everybody to go there and we'll visit them in the future again!!

Visited February 2013