“Dreadful....” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #132 of 226 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Dreadful....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My son and I were given a Double Room Downstairs (Room #1) for our 3 night stay. There was no window in our room, no toilet paper, no coat hangers, no door handle on the toilet and the toilet door didn't close. The light bulbs in the toilet and shower were both blown and the remote for the air-con had been removed so that it couldn't be used. The room was not cleaned during our 3 night stay and when I asked for fresh towels on the 3rd day, I received a very cold response from the female owner of the guesthouse - advising we could have one towel between us...I had to beg for 2! The room we stayed in was very dark and musty because it had no windows/blown globes and had no fresh air. Unfortunately, Luang Prabang has become a very popular tourist destination and is very busy - the end result is that some guesthouse owners are happy to sit back and do the barest of minimums when it comes to making an effort for their guests or maintaining their rooms properly. After the 3rd night, we moved to a much nicer guesthouse with a river-view for the same rate and stayed there a further 3 nights. I hope this honest account of this property motivates the guesthouse to make the necessary improvements and maintenance and most importantly do the right thing by their future guests and not take tourist dollars for granted! To be sure, if you must stay here - check your room first.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room #1.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Sakura made my stay in the gorgeous city of Luang Prabang just incredible. Clean facilities, comfortable air-conditioned rooms, friendly and helpful staff, delicious food from little cafes all around, and only a short 10 minute walk to the town center and night market.

If you have never been to Luang Prabang, do yourself a favor and check it out because it is just wonderful. The most relaxing place I visited on my travels through SE Asia. Sakura for me was the perfect place to rest my head and relax and I would go back again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sakura Guest House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sakura Guest House

Address: Mano Street, Luang Prabang, Laos
Location: Laos > Luang Prabang Province > Luang Prabang
Ranked #132 of 226 B&Bs / Inns in Luang Prabang
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Sakura Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Sakura Guest House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.